MyVegas rewards

HabsFan23

Thanks for all the info.

I think have been doing it wrong.

I'm confused with the chips v loyalty points. I'v got many chips - 600,000 plus. I just happily press the bet buttons. But how do I get loyalty points?

Thanks

Are you playing on Facebook or in the app on your phone/tablet (or both)?

On Facebook your chips are red. On your phone/tablet they are purple. These are your chips for betting & are not shared between Facebook and the app. When you play & do your daily spins you will be awarded loyal points (also referred to as LPs). These are gold coins. It is the gold LPs that can be used to book the various rewards available through MyVegas.

If you play on both your phone and Facebook make sure to sync the app on your phone to your MyVegas account on Facebook because the gold LPs do accumulate from both places.

I hope that makes sense!

Jess

Thanks for all the info.

I think have been doing it wrong.

I'm confused with the chips v loyalty points. I'v got many chips - 600,000 plus. I just happily press the bet buttons. But how do I get loyalty points?

Thanks

If you have 600,000 chips I can guarantee you that you have LP's. The Loyalty Points are the Gold Coins and what you need to get the rewards.

There are three (or four depending on how you count them) types of chips/points in the game... it can get a bit confusing.

Types of chips:

Red Chips (or Purple Chips in the mobile version - two different types that are not interchangeable (i.e. if you have 100K red chips and 0 purple chips you can't play on your phone until you get more chips, but you can play on your desktop/laptop.))

LP (Loyalty Points) - You can cash these in for rewards. This is what you want to get... also the hardest to come by.

XP (Experience points) - this determines your level. When you earn so many more XP, you go up a level and are rewarded with 1000-4000 you get one XP for every red chip that you bet.

How to get them:

Red Chips: you get these by accepting them from friends, the daily free spin, harvesting them from the strip, clicking on links from your friend's pages, and (of course) winning them while gambling. It's important to have a lot of friends who are playing (do a search for people with "My Vegas" in the name and send a friend request. Also, when you do your daily spin (or go up a level or win really big) make sure you share those with your friends. If you share, it doesn't take anything away from you (took me a while to figure that out) but it gives them the chance to get more chips.

Once you build your strip up, make sure you check it a couple of times a day and click on the buildings, they'll give you red chips.

Also, once you have a nice circle of friends you'll see items posted that, once you click on them, will give you between 10-2000 chips (usually 101 chips). Click on these as often as you can... you're limited to earning 20,000 chips a day (after that you'll see the "Impressive" girl. You'll know what I mean when you see it.)

The limit for these (and LP) is on a rolling 24 hour scale. So if you started clicking at 10 am and earned 5000 chips, then took a break and came back at 5 pm and had maxed out at 10pm, you would have to wait until 10 am the next day to earn more chips. At that point you could earn again, but only 5000 chips... you'd have to wait until 5 pm to get more than that. (Sorry for the lame description... hope it makes sense.)

XP: You get these by betting. Bet 100 chips, get 100 XP. Bet 1000 chips get 1000 XP. It's pretty straight forward.

LP: This is what you want. You are limited to 2000 in a 24 hour period. See the little My Vegas coin in the lower left corner? The level of gold increases with every bet. Once it's full, you get 10 LP. (You can also win them with your free spin of the day and occasionally you'll find them on your strip.)

The trick is that it's not linear. The ideal bet is 1000 chips. With that bet you'll need to pull the lever 8 times to fill up the coin and get your LP. (So 8000 bet for 10 LP.) If you increase your bet to 10000 the coin fills faster but it's not proportional. It may take you 5 spins to fill the coin then (I'm guessing at this number, I don't remember it off hand). That means you risk 50,000 coins for 10 LP so you run out of chips quickly. It's a nice option if you want to complete a challenge quickly, but in general I only bet 1000.

Again, keep an eye on your LP 'coin.' If you notice it's not filling any more, you've maxed out for the day.

Hope this helps! I've been playing diligently since the end of August and just reached 500,000 LP. I want to use one of the half off coupons for a cruise! (Now I just have to fit it into my schedule as well as my wife's.)

Hmmmm, that actually sounds doable! The suites that sleep more than 4 can be quite pricey, so with a group of ten it can really get expensive!

I was thinking they'd display an inflated price and then discount it, so it looked like you were getting 50% off but really weren't! ;)

Unfortunately the 50% off discount reward is only for 2 passengers (or 1 travelling single). The rate for any additional passengers in the same suite would be whatever the current rate is for those additional passengers. We booked a Royal Family Suite that could comfortably hold 6 but were able to book it with only the 2 of us since it was getting closer to sail date and those restrictions were lifted. Final price was less than Junior Suites were going for on the same cruise. Nice to have the large living room that could seat 8 easily and wrap around deck with table, 4 chairs, 2 sun chairs and six loungers.

... you're limited to earning 20,000 chips a day (after that you'll see the "Impressive" girl. ....... At that point you could earn again, but only 5000 chips... you'd have to wait until 5 pm to get more than that. (Sorry for the lame description... hope it makes sense.)

You keep saying "earning", but what you mean is getting gifts or freebies from links. You can earn millions of chips by playing the game - there is no limit to that.

There are three (or four depending on how .....................................................

The limit for these (and LP) is on a rolling 24 hour scale. So if you started clicking at 10 am and earned 5000 chips, then took a break and came back at 5 pm and had maxed out at 10pm, you would have to wait until 10 am the next day to earn more chips. At that point you could earn again, but only 5000 chips... you'd have to wait until 5 pm to get more than that. (Sorry for the lame description... hope it makes sense.)..

.......................................................................................

Thanks for the hints but the above explanation is not correct. There is a 20,000 limit on how many RED chips you can collect from friends every 24 hours. There is no limit on how many RED chips you can collect in increments during that 24 hour period. The amount of chips you collected (and when) during the previous 24 hours has not impact on the next 24 hours. It is important to write down exactly when you started collecting for the 24 hours so you can start collecting the next 24 hours as soon as possible. Even down to the second you start even if you only collect one 50 chip share to establish you starting time. That will start your clock for that 24 hours. You can collect all 20,000 chips in 30 minutes if you have the shares available. Or collect some then and 18 hours later if that fits your schedule. Myself, my wife, daughter, and her husband hit impressive everyday. It can be done, just need to be selective on how many friends you have that share. If players don't share they are dropped and new ones added. I have been playing for 2 years.

Sharing a successful redemption!

Just booked Vision of the Seas, February 14, 2015, with a military rate, and redeemed Select beverage package!

There was some confusion whether the MyVegas reward was combinable with OBC as it knocked our OBC off at first. Resolutions was able to re-add it though!

Sharing a successful redemption!

Just booked Vision of the Seas, February 14, 2015, with a military rate, and redeemed Select beverage package!

There was some confusion whether the MyVegas reward was combinable with OBC as it knocked our OBC off at first. Resolutions was able to re-add it though!

Congrats! I'm still working on having enough for the Ultimate. Wish they'd offer Premium too.

Kind of interesting doing the math on some of these. $300 OBC cost 300,000LP, but the Ultimate cost 225,000LP, making it a $225 value. Yet they charge you $450 for it. Hmmm

Congrats! I'm still working on having enough for the Ultimate. Wish they'd offer Premium too.

Kind of interesting doing the math on some of these. $300 OBC cost 300,000LP, but the Ultimate cost 225,000LP, making it a $225 value. Yet they charge you $450 for it. Hmmm

For a 7 day cruise, the Select package is $281.75 or 140 LP's making the LP's worth roughly $2.01 each.

The Ultimate package at 225 LP's/$442.75 breaks down to roughly $1.97 per LP.

I decided to go with the Select and pay the additional $112.70 to upgrade as the additional 85 LP's carry more value towards another Select package than as an upgrade to the Ultimate ($2.01 per LP vs the $1.33 per LP as an upgrade).

Oh, and I don't drink coffee. :)

Edited by Wendy&Grumpy

For a 7 day cruise, the Select package is $281.75 or 140 LP's making the LP's worth roughly $2.01 each.

The Ultimate package at 225 LP's/$442.75 breaks down to roughly $1.97 per LP.

I decided to go with the Select and pay the additional $112.70 to upgrade as the additional 85 LP's carry more value towards another Select package than as an upgrade to the Ultimate ($2.01 per LP vs the $1.33 per LP as an upgrade).

Oh, and I don't drink coffee. :)

When you say pay additional to upgrade, do you mean to the Premium?

I see what you mean though. I don't think I'd get enough coffee & juice to justify the extra cost, so this coming trip I have Premium. I didn't know I could redeem a lesser one then pay to upgrade it. That would be a better choice for me too.

Enjoy your Valentine's Day cruise :-)

We had our upcoming B2B on the oasis booked in April of last year, so cannot use the LP for that cruise but are travelling through Vegas as part of our holiday. My wife and I both redeemed 3 x 2-1 buffet dinners using LP, roughly a $210 saving for clicking a button a few times a day.

I will have enough LP for the 2-1 cruise in Dec next year when we next visit the US of A again.

When you say pay additional to upgrade, do you mean to the Premium?

I see what you mean though. I don't think I'd get enough coffee & juice to justify the extra cost, so this coming trip I have Premium. I didn't know I could redeem a lesser one then pay to upgrade it. That would be a better choice for me too.

Enjoy your Valentine's Day cruise :-)

Yes, I meant to upgrade to the Premium as that is the package I usually get.

DH is a coffee drinker so he gets the Ultimate and will get me a juice now & then. ;)

They're happy to take your money & upgrade you anytime!

And thanks - we definitely will!

Edited by Wendy&Grumpy

Just talked to C & A......It would cost me $1950 in BOGOHO discount to add the MyVegas Ultimate Drink Package to my October 2015 TA.

$1100 - $1340 on my 7 day cruises in 2015.

They are worthless to me until they allow us to add them at the going rate.

I see that this thread answers questions about OBC and that a cruise must be prebooked.

Is the same true for $25 and $50 Free Slot Play rewards?

From the current Terms & Conditions for OBC:

When reserving through a travel agency, the reward must be presented to the travel agent at time of reservation.

Also, Reward is applicable to NEW individual bookings only.

Reward must be used within 30 days of purchase.

OBC is NOT combinable with any other offer or promotion, but not limited to Interline Travel Agent,Travel agent Friends and Family, weekly sales events, net rates, Crown & Anchor Discounts, Shareholder Benefits or Next Cruise offers, promotions, or benefits. Can be combined with standard/full fare rates and restricted rates (for example, Seniors, Residents, Military, Police/Fire).

For the Free Play:

Applicable to NEW individual bookings only.

Reward must be used within 90 days of purchase.

Free play is not combinable with ANY OTHER offer or PROMOTION. Can be combined with STANDARD/FULL FARE and RESTRICTED rates.

So I too had been playing MYVEGAS since this summer hoping to accumulate lots of points for something good on my next cruise. Last night I snagged one ULTIMATE DRINK PACKAGE for 225,000 points.

Rules states that had to be on a new booking and that you can only use one reward per book room.

I had debated about saving for the 35% off for 350,000 points but decided that there were too many restriction on it and that with the BOGOHO special I was better off using my points towards the drink package.

There is a specific number to call on the redemption certificate that you get from MYVEGAS. I called the number gave them the information from my email and was almost immediately put on hold. When the rep came back I was told that I could not use the drink certificate in addition to the BOGOHO special I had booked under.

I hung up and went back to MYVEGAS and again looked for some restriction on getting the free drink package and no where could I find the restriction they were saying. So of course I called back in and got someone else.

Here is where I think things went wrong. On the email that you get there is a "REWARD REDEMPTION CODE". For me this was a 6 digit number and letter combination. The second rep insisted this was not the information that she needed to book the drink package. After reading the email about 10 times I finally found what she wanted. In the "REDEEM YOUR REWARD" section of the email under step 3 there is a "PROMO CODE". I believe from what the rep told me that they must first start with that "PROMO CODE" and then the "REDEMPTION CODE". So apparently the first rep I talked to was getting that the code was not compatable because she was entering the wrong code first. Regardless I added that ULTIMATE DRINK PACKAGE to my EXISTING reservation for my cruise next December 2015.

So I too had been playing MYVEGAS since this summer hoping to accumulate lots of points for something good on my next cruise. Last night I snagged one ULTIMATE DRINK PACKAGE for 225,000 points.

Rules states that had to be on a new booking and that you can only use one reward per book room.

I had debated about saving for the 35% off for 350,000 points but decided that there were too many restriction on it and that with the BOGOHO special I was better off using my points towards the drink package.

There is a specific number to call on the redemption certificate that you get from MYVEGAS. I called the number gave them the information from my email and was almost immediately put on hold. When the rep came back I was told that I could not use the drink certificate in addition to the BOGOHO special I had booked under.

I hung up and went back to MYVEGAS and again looked for some restriction on getting the free drink package and no where could I find the restriction they were saying. So of course I called back in and got someone else.

Here is where I think things went wrong. On the email that you get there is a "REWARD REDEMPTION CODE". For me this was a 6 digit number and letter combination. The second rep insisted this was not the information that she needed to book the drink package. After reading the email about 10 times I finally found what she wanted. In the "REDEEM YOUR REWARD" section of the email under step 3 there is a "PROMO CODE". I believe from what the rep told me that they must first start with that "PROMO CODE" and then the "REDEMPTION CODE". So apparently the first rep I talked to was getting that the code was not compatable because she was entering the wrong code first. Regardless I added that ULTIMATE DRINK PACKAGE to my EXISTING reservation for my cruise next December 2015.

HELL YEAH kdpatte!! This is the post that I've been waiting on. I'm getting my OBC added to my existing reservation one way or another. I sail Quantum in 23 days but only have 100,000 lp's so I will use this method to get my OBC added to my reservation.

Edited by Babyrocko1908

HELL YEAH kdpatte!! This is the post that I've been waiting on. I'm getting my OBC added to my existing reservation one way or another. I sail Quantum in 23 days but only have 100,000 lp's so I will use this method to get my OBC added to my reservation.

Let us know how if you are successful. The Drink Rewards do not have the same restrictions for redemption as do the OBC rewards.

First i tried to get the OBC 300 , and was told it was not good with the BOGOF offer, so I tried for the drink reward.

How did you get the second rep to give the Ultimate to you? I have tried everything...i booked a cruise last week with a travel agent . The agent cant do anything, and the rep i spoke to said she could not give it to me since i was trying to redeem the reward after i had already booked the cruise??

Only thing left for me to do is try to get it on the ship when i board with guest services..

Just read the same results from a person on one of the myVegas forums. They too had already booked their cruise and the rep could not make it work (even trying the redemption code information above). The OBC does say cannot be used in conjunction with another promo or discount and the Drink Rewards do specific on new bookings only. I think they are making more dissatisfied customers with these rewards than they were hoping to gain. Better to have not offered them or had made them a 1/2 off special (half the normal drink package price) and let them be used on any cruise by all who had earned the points. (Just an opinion). Good luck and let us know if you are successful.

Just read the same results from a person on one of the myVegas forums. They too had already booked their cruise and the rep could not make it work (even trying the redemption code information above). The OBC does say cannot be used in conjunction with another promo or discount and the Drink Rewards do specific on new bookings only. I think they are making more dissatisfied customers with these rewards than they were hoping to gain. Better to have not offered them or had made them a 1/2 off special (half the normal drink package price) and let them be used on any cruise by all who had earned the points. (Just an opinion). Good luck and let us know if you are successful.

I agree, I wish they would introduce discount drink/beverage/excursion rewards. When they first started doing them there was a reward for a free bottle of wine with the purchase of a dining package but that was removed and has never come back :(

Hi all,

Just a quick question, so anyone can tell me what actually the difference between 500k and 750k. I saw people saying 500k is 50% off and 750k is buy one get one (50% off too?) so it look like the same thing?

Thanks in advance

Both indicate they are available for the "select sailings" only (same cruise availability). The current Comp Companion Fare terms indicate it must be used by 12/31/2014 while the 50% off reward indicates must be used within 30 days of purchase. Terms state that either reward can be used by singles (paying 200%). I always thought the difference in redemption price was based upon supply and demand. If the 50% off rewards were sold out but the companion fare reward was available then someone may elect for the more expensive reward. I have seen the question posted several times over the months since available and have never seen any sort of definitive explanation.

I just made my final payment on my Feb 28 cruise that I booked using the Ultimate Beverage package from MyVegas. Royal Caribbean says the package does show on my reservation rate but they are unable to provide me any documentation that the package is on the reservation. They say I will not have a problem getting the package when I board.

Has anyone else booked using one of the beverage packages and had the same problem?