Opinons on R-class suites 7008/7009

dereklola

Cons:

1) they are forward

2) 7008 has no balcony if that is what you are after

3) they are not a suite.. still only 165-170 sq ft inside space

Edited by LHT28

These Veranda suites are the furthest forward. Is there anything unique, good or bad, about them? Thanks.

160024.jpg Because cabins 7006 and 7007 do not have verandas, the verandas of 7008 and 7009 are exceptionally sheltered.

Regatta_exterior.jpginsigniax-extralarge-4_3.jpgIn these photographs of the Port sides of the ships, the Blue line runs at the level of the floor of Deck 7, and of the two oversize portholes, just above the name of the ship, the one on the left is in the dressing room of Vista Suite #7004, while the one on the right replaces the Veranda of cabin 7006.

Note the single (as opposed to double) Veranda cut out for cabin 7008.

172344.jpgThe main show lounge is below these cabins, down on deck 5, but as the entertainment on Oceania is fairly sedate, and in any case over by 10:30 pm, it is unlikely that the average passenger would be disturbed, particularly as the passenger cabins on deck 6 do provide significant sound insulation.

Because cabins 7006 and 7007 do not have verandas, the verandas of 7008 and 7009 are exceptionally sheltered.

insigniax-extralarge-4_3.jpg

Note the single (as opposed to double) Veranda cut out for cabin 7008.

That single cutout is for Deck 6 isn't it?

Anyway - thanks all for responding to my query. Other than more movement in rough seas the suites (7008/7009) are the same as other Veranda suites then - right?

That single cutout is for Deck 6 isn't it?

Anyway - thanks all for responding to my query. Other than more movement in rough seas the suites (7008/7009) are the same as other Veranda suites then - right?

Yes..they are the same as any balcony cabin, there will be noise from the anchor if you are anchoring in any ports..

Jancruz1

Well, I have to say that we've heard far more "anchor noise" when we were very front than we did when we were further down the lane.

Our very aft OC (11080) on Marina also had a LOT of noise entering or leaving a port. In fact, as the engines started up there was a lot of shaking going on.

That didn't bother me because it didn't last for a long time and generally didn't occur when I was trying to sleep!

In Nov '05 we were in our one and only OS (8067 on Regatta). Noise didn't bother us, we were as aft as you can get.

In June '06 we were in a VS on Insignia (7004) and did hear a lot of "anchor noise" when arriving in port, generally early in the morning. We just turned over and went back to sleep, but others might be more sensitive to the noise.

Mura

Is there an Oceania cabin spreadsheet, like the one for Azamara? Since the R ships are so similar, it would be great to combine knowledge across 5 of them instead of just 2.

What, on earth, is a Cruise Critic Host? :confused:

Isn't that true, whatever cabin you're in?

Chalk it up to the charm of being on the ocean wave :p

The forward cabins where the anchor is seem noisier to me!!! I never seem to hear it when I am aft..

Jim thats my question also what is a CC host??

Jancruz1

Edited by Jancruz

Is there an Oceania cabin spreadsheet, like the one for Azamara? Since the R ships are so similar, it would be great to combine knowledge across 5 of them instead of just 2.

What type of spread sheet??

What about the deck plans ??

Do not forget Princess have 2 R-ships so may want to count them as well

P & O have 1 also

What, on earth, is a Cruise Critic Host? :confused:

Cruise Critic hosts are volunteers who monitor each forum to make sure that the guidelines are being adhered to. I am the host for the River Cruising forums. The host here at Oceania is Host Andy. So my questions here are just from a fellow cruiser.

I have booked cabin 7006 on Azamara Quest for a Norwegian Fjords cruise in 2016, and yesterday saw a new post that indicates the front section of R ships is very bouncy in rough seas. That information did not show up in the Azamara cabin spreadsheet

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=43107899&postcount=257

so I am checking the Oceania and Princess forums for R ship cabin reports.

I have booked cabin 7006 on Azamara Quest for a Norwegian Fjords cruise in 2016, and yesterday saw a new post that indicates the front section of R ships is very bouncy in rough seas. That information did not show up in the Azamara cabin spreadsheet

Perhaps the person who reported on the cabin was on a sailing with smooth seas. Unless they experienced rough seas they would never know.

Edited by pacheco18

Cruise Critic hosts are volunteers who monitor each forum to make sure that the guidelines are being adhered to. I am the host for the River Cruising forums. The host here at Oceania is Host Andy. So my questions here are just from a fellow cruiser.

I'm surprised that you're permitted to post personal matters under your Host moniker.

I've read those spreadsheets and they are woefully inadequate, if only because, no matter how well intentioned they are, it's impossible to cover everything without becoming unread-ably lengthy.

Just got off the Azamara Quest which is the same layout as the Oceania "R" ships. We were in cabin 7009 for 14 days. We had no noise from the lounge since you are separated by deck 6 cabins. We also had very calm seas so I can't comment on the bouncing around. We had some noise from the anchor and we had many tender ports however we had terrible noise on the Marina aft so it doesn't always make sense to me. You do not have a veranda cabin in front of you so it is more private which we liked.

Thanks for the confirmation we were getting worried we would not have a veranda

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The view is slightly obstructed looking forward. There will be a bit more motion. It can be noisy and bumpy if seas are rough.