How to Best Enjoy Bermuda's Harbour Night?

QueenBee925

This is our second cruise to Bermuda, and my DH and I want to experience the Harbour Night activities. Is it best to go as part of a tour, or should we wing it alone? We don't drink - will we enjoy ourselves anyway? Please share tips!

countdown.pl?image=Beach-9&name=QueenBee925&date=8-24-2014&text=Bermuda is Calling My Name!&ship=Norwegian Breakaway

Edited by QueenBee925
adding signature countdown

We're also looking forward to our first trip to Bermuda, and Harbor Nights. What I've heard from others who've been there is that reservations are a good idea, if you want to have dinner on Front Street, that night. Also, there are food stands on the street, but liquor sales/consumption is limited to the premises of bars & restaurants. The ferries from Hamilton to Dockyard run late on Harbor Nights, to accommodate the cruise crowd in attendance. You can get more information about this, over on the Ports-of-Call / Bermuda board. :cool:

Edited by wwcruisers

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

We were on a smaller ship a number of years ago and were able to dock right in downtown Hamilton. There were a lot of vendors selling all kinds of trinkets. Some food vendors. But if you want to sit down and have dinner and a drink - you have to go to a regular restaurant.

It is a fun night of walking around and seeing what everyone is selling and maybe buying a souvenir or two.

Guest maddycat
This is our second cruise to Bermuda, and my DH and I want to experience the Harbour Night activities. Is it best to go as part of a tour, or should we wing it alone? We don't drink - will we enjoy ourselves anyway? Please share tips!

countdown.pl?image=Beach-9&name=QueenBee925&date=8-24-2014&text=Bermuda is Calling My Name!&ship=Norwegian Breakaway

You'd probably get accurate information if you post your question on the Cruise Critic Bermuda board. The link is below.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=196

Taking the ferry over is the easiest to do. Then walk around, watch the parade, see the vendors out along the streets. We also ate dinner at a restaurant after we watched the parade. The ride back to the ship afterwards on the ferry was really nice...seeing the ship all lit up when approaching it from the water. We bought ferry/bus passes for the whole time we were in Bermuda...very reasonable. We took the bus several times.

Enjoy! It is a beautiful place to visit! Make sure to take note of all the scooters/business men wearing bermuda shorts with their suit jackets and colorful knee socks and ties! Gave a new meaning to Bermuda shorts! I realized why they call them that...haha! Very fashionable!

• 1 year later...
Taking the ferry over is the easiest to do. Then walk around, watch the parade, see the vendors out along the streets. We also ate dinner at a restaurant after we watched the parade.

Hi, do you remember what time the parade was? I would really like to catch that but I'm not sure when is the best time to catch the ferry to get to Habour Nights and see the parade.

I'm not cruising till next year but I try to plan as early as possible!

Hi, do you remember what time the parade was? I would really like to catch that but I'm not sure when is the best time to catch the ferry to get to Habour Nights and see the parade.

I'm not cruising till next year but I try to plan as early as possible!

You might ask this on the Ports of Call forum for Bermuda. EM