First Block new Pinnacle Class has been placed

Alphen

First Block has been laid for Holland America’s new Pinnacle class on 22 august 2014 on Fincantieri Marghera yard in Venice two days ago. The 99.000 ton ship, capable of 2.660 people, will be launched early 2016, according to Italian nautical news;

http://www.ansa.it/mare/notizie/rubriche/inlavorazione/2014/08/22/fincantieri-marghera-al-via-lavori-nave-holland-america-_d0bd7895-7a07-485d-82b1-036ac450b055.html?idPhoto=1

That's smaller than I thought it would be, passenger wise. I still prefer the smaller ships like the S- and R-Class, but they could have tried to pack so many more people on it. I'm glad they're staying reasonably small.

I hope the layout is nice, more like the Signature Class than the Vista, though I'd not be opposed to an even stretchy-er stretch S-Class layout (a longer R-Class).

That's smaller than I thought it would be, passenger wise. I still prefer the smaller ships like the S- and R-Class, but they could have tried to pack so many more people on it. I'm glad they're staying reasonably small.

I hope the layout is nice, more like the Signature Class than the Vista, though I'd not be opposed to an even stretchy-er stretch S-Class layout (a longer R-Class).

Hard to tell from one block :D:D:D

If she is expected to be launched in early 2016, then she will not be ready for delivery in February, 2016.

Maybe we ought to start a guessing game as to when she will be put into service.

I vote for late 4th Quarter of 2016 or 1st Quarter of 2017.