A Few Notes on the 5-Day Getaway on the Caribbean Princess

Rosethorn40

Will the attendants in the Sanctuary bring me cocktails from the bar too? Just sounds like a lovely area to enjoy a Bloody Mary in the morning or an afternoon cocktail. What are the hours for the Sanctuary?

Thanks!

The sanctuary attendants, called Serenity Stewards, will bring you food and beverages if you wish. You may order any regular bar items at normal pricing, or choose from a list of specialty drinks/smoothies (for a fee of course). There is also a special food menu and all the food is complimentary, there is however a $3 service charge for all food orders.

I hope this helps! It really is a relaxing space.

Is the thermal suite price for the 5 days..or just once..want to purchase for a 7 day and know cost will be different. My one Princess cruise was far too long ago and too short...LOL.

Edited by sjn911

When we sailed on a 5-day cruise in March, it was the usual mix of new cruisers and all the other levels of Captains Circle members. There was not any noticeable difference in the passenger mix between that cruise and a week-long cruise.

what is going on with the weather? we are scheduled to board the 8/28 trip and Carnival has changed their schedules for current and upcoming cruises and will not be going to Grand Turks due to the storm. Saw nothing mentioned about Princess making changes.

When we sailed on a 5-day cruise in March, it was the usual mix of new cruisers and all the other levels of Captains Circle members. There was not any noticeable difference in the passenger mix between that cruise and a week-long cruise.

I only asked because on a 7 day cruise there seem to be more blue cards than much else. I though on a 5 day there would be even more. Maybe it was the time of the year?

what is going on with the weather? we are scheduled to board the 8/28 trip and Carnival has changed their schedules for current and upcoming cruises and will not be going to Grand Turks due to the storm. Saw nothing mentioned about Princess making changes.

I'm not certain. I checked the arrivals/departure for my Sept 1 cruise on the CB, and it says last port before and next port after are "TBD", which is odd.

https://pevweb01.broward.org/Public/PublicMovements.aspx

Will the attendants in the Sanctuary bring me cocktails from the bar too? Just sounds like a lovely area to enjoy a Bloody Mary in the morning or an afternoon cocktail. What are the hours for the Sanctuary?

Thanks!

The hours are 8-5:30 each day, and as someone mentioned in an earlier post they will bring you drinks and sodas for the normal charge. They also have a spa menu that you may order off of. While no charge for the food, there is a $3 service charge. They will also bring you burgers and pizza.

We haven't tried a 5 day cruise before but do you know if there are a large number of first time cruisers?

Many, many first timers and they are trying EVERYTHING. Even formal night:)

The buffet was a ghost town because nearly everyone (Dressed nicely too I might add) went to the dining rooms.

Is the thermal suite price for the 5 days..or just once..want to purchase for a 7 day and know cost will be different. My one Princess cruise was far too long ago and too short...LOL.

The $79 pp was for 5-days. I think a week is normally $129 pp, but on the Royal or Regal I think the price is slightly higher

Laura and Marty, thanks so much for all your wonderful information and using your precious internet minutes to share all of this with us!

Is the internet on board very slow? Do you now if there are any free wifi cafés in Grand Cayman or Cozumel?

Thanks,

Cheryl

Thanks for posting this re the booking of the sanctuary. I had read on another thread that they were allowing or taking reservations for sea day

on the first day of the cruise. I needed clarification. Now I know I need to hustle to the sanctuary upon embarking so I can reserve for sea day only. Assuming its this way for a 4 day getaway as well on the CB, perhaps I shouldnt assume

They took reservations for the Sanctuary on the first afternoon when we were on a 7-day cruise on the CB earlier this month. You could book the whole cruise or a particular morning, afternoon, or whole day.

Many, many first timers and they are trying EVERYTHING. Even formal night:)

The buffet was a ghost town because nearly everyone (Dressed nicely too I might add) went to the dining rooms.

Are you noticing the men wearing more tuxes or suits for the formal night? I own both and can pack either, but traveling solo a tux is less of a priority than if traveling with a significant other/friend.

Thanks Laura and Marty for info on the fee. The Thermal suite, Michelle.Zhang.90 is a series of steam ans sauna rooms in the spa...I have only been in the ones on Star Princess after a massage and all too short. Lovely, but had to meet a friend who had a Bloody Mary waiting for me in our mini-suite..it was a bit much after all that but how could I refuse and she was a TA taking me on the familiarization cruise..FINALLY I get to take a week soon myself God willing..I loved the ship and Princess..

Thanks all...

Sarah

Edited by sjn911

The captain is Captain Giorgio Pomata-He has sailed with Princess for many, many years.

The Cruise Director is Duke Christopher-Based on his bio he is new to Princess, after spending 4-years with other cruise lines. This is his first time to sail in American waters.

Crooners has Bert Stratton

MUTS showed in order: "Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit", "Captain America:The Winter Soldier", N/A (Due to Deck Party), "Amazing Spider-Man 2" (Don't know the final night yet)

Tomorrow night (Day 4) they have a comedian, tonight it's "Caribbean Caliente", and last night it was an illusionist. Haven't gone to any shows as laying in the Sanctuary, or the Thermal Suite is EXHAUSTING.

The spa's port day specials were 15% off of Signature Treatments. I know they will have more specials the final sea day as well.

Weather has been mostly sunny and very hot, but I was Thankful to see that it appears that the hurricane is moving east and away from the Eastern Seaboard.

There have been some issues with temperature control. Some areas of the ship (Like the Internet Cafe) are very warm. Today at lunch the Horizon Court was so hot my DH was dripping with sweat. We are not the only ones that are noticing it. There was a line at passenger services complaining today.

The ships tour is $150 pp.

Off for now!

Are you noticing the men wearing more tuxes or suits for the formal night? I own both and can pack either, but traveling solo a tux is less of a priority than if traveling with a significant other/friend.

Suites. The young men (Early 20's) are wearing a shirt with tie.

Lee is on vacation, Duke was on board with him as asst. CD when we were on earlier this month. I don't know how long he will be staying on board.

Lee was quite personable and entertaining during our cruise - don't believe all the negative reports, or at least take them with a grain of salt. Duke was also very nice, and I hope he is there when we board in late October.