Past final payment... and prices CRASH... (again!)

teecee60

Having to duck and cover for potential incoming missiles is not a deal imo.

I actually feel badly for Celebrity on this one because their pricing reflects the terrible situation there. But for people brave enough, I guess it's great.

Duct and cover is not the reality... we expect to be in Israel in October. Have been traveling to Israel for years, going back to 1983... been there about 15 x over the years. Would guess most X passengers will make to to Haifa at least and be able to do tours from there. We go to visit friends and family... did the sites many years ago. It is a good deal for those who book after final payment, we booked 1.5 yrs ago so we paid the going rate.

I just checked and one way LAX to Istanbul for the Constellation cruise is as low as $368 on Delta, Open jaw to Istanbul and back from Rome about $909, choice air cannot be beaten for huge price differences compared to the OW airline fares.

I have been checking this cruise many times a day for price drops so glad it finally paid off and now I can relax and get a life!

There were over 230 cabins available on this cruise before todays deals, so no wonder they finally had to lower prices.

THAT is an absolutely FANTASTIC price for a flight from LAX to IST!!! :eek:

Congrats on getting a GREAT deal on a cabin you wanted! Enjoy! :)

By using the scanner site, you can almost always predict upcoming price drops due to excess cabin inventory late in the cycle. ;)

I am already booked on a transpacific followed by a transatlantic for this fall, so not following the Connie anymore, but LAST YEAR, the 27 night b2b from Ist to FLL bottomed out at $1098pp.

Edited by teecee60

My rule of thumb while price checking my existing bookings after final payment date is to compare the savings I will get against the deposit I paid. Most of my bookings are made onboard, so my deposits are low. If I cancel the booking 74 - 57 days prior to sailing I lose my deposit.

If the savings is several hundred more than my deposit, then I will cancel. Rebooking with the other spouse as Guest #1 is considered a new booking. You may have to wait a day or so for the cancellation to go through completely.

I also did this with a weekly special on RCCL for new bookings only prior to final payment date.

It used to be the case that, even after final, you could take advantage of new reduced price on higher category if you were paying net more rev than existing booking by 'buying up'. Have done this a couple times - but also may be partially 'luck of the draw' with which X rep answers the phone. Yes, you may forfeit bev perk if upgrading to higher cat gty. Good Luck