Don't want quantum

I shall have a cruise with Quantum in May 2015 and looking forward to this with great expectations! As we say in Norway (translated): we must take the bad with the good. Maybe I will not like some of the new things, or maybe I can say: "I have seen the future, and it works!"

If the future do not work, there are plenty of cruiseships to use in the future.

Definatly not, I book up one of the other cruise lines. I wonder if this band comes off?

Melozone, I have pockets or a small cross body for my card.

And you couldn't simply put the wrist band in your pocket or bag why ? Such drama for such a simple thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear Diamond members get to choose their color.

I also heard these bands can be used to reserve pool chairs and up to 10 seats at any of the shows.

I also heard these bands will sound an alarm if you enter the MDR on formal night without a tie.

I also heard they have a built-in cigarette smoke detector.

I called up RC spoke to three different people all of them were unsure whether it comes off or not but they believe it has that "button" as the bands have in the hospital wrists that you cut off with a scissor, but nobody knows for sure yet.

I hear Diamond members get to choose their color.

I also heard these bands can be used to reserve pool chairs and up to 10 seats at any of the shows.

I also heard these bands will sound an alarm if you enter the MDR on formal night without a tie.

I also heard they have a built-in cigarette smoke detector.

Yes! Shock collars!

Yes of course, first because each one didn't know the answer, haven't you called airlines or hotels to make reservations but every time you call you get a different rate? There are good workers out there and not good workers, some help you more than others. It happens to be the third person I spoke to put in a ticket to the headquarters with my question and told me to call back in a few days they probably have the answer....it took three calls to finally have a worker that put in the question to corporate.

True, its optional now but they testing it and it could be mandatory.

Door keys and key cards are alike at least you aren't forced to wear this thing around your wrist for 8 days and 7nights, I will avoid any ship that makes me wear this, there are other cruise lines out there.

I really suggest that you read all the new information coming out about Quantum a little more closely. The word "mandatory" was never used in any of the information posted.

If RCI were going to make wearing this wristband mandatory, then they would have made wearing a SeaPass Card in a lanyard around your neck so that it is visible at all times mandatory a long time ago.:eek:

The wristband is not for everyone, but it is an option for those that don't like to carry their SeaPass Card around while in port.

Oh good. Another thread complaining about things that no one has experienced yet. Here's how these go: "Grrrr!!! Change bad!!! Me no like anything different! Grrr!!! RCI greedy! Grrr! No like change!!!!"

Yeah, we get it. Quantum and everything about it sucks. In fact, the entire company is completely imploding before our eyes....

lol...love it

I know its not mandatory but it is something that could be mandatory in the future. I like the idea we have the option to have one or the sea pass card but I won't want this to be a mandatory thing to cruising on RC.

I'm not trying to be rude but why are you bitching about something that may or may not happen in the future?

If they are testing this thing out which means they have done marketing studies and tested this device thoroughly and they are using this device its only time when it will be mandatory. They are not going to waste their time and money on the studies, tests and producing this product for nothing, mark my word it be mandatory asap. I do find it odd though how they chose this particular ship to have it first, perhaps something to do with the currency and language issues that they will have to deal with and just trying to avoid those problems???

People, RELAX!! So it MAY be mandatory in the future. MAY. It's not even here yet. The future holds a lot of new things, that's why it's called the future. My grandfather worried about automatic transmissions not working so he had to order cars with stick transmissions. Then one day, he knocked out the clutch. Repaired that and one month later, the trans went bad. Bought a new car with an automatic in it. Deal with things as they happen. Why worry, be happy.

never mind

I called up RC spoke to three different people all of them were unsure whether it comes off or not but they believe it has that "button" as the bands have in the hospital wrists that you cut off with a scissor, but nobody knows for sure yet.
Edited by awhcruiser

If they are testing this thing out which means they have done marketing studies and tested this device thoroughly and they are using this device its only time when it will be mandatory. They are not going to waste their time and money on the studies, tests and producing this product for nothing, mark my word it be mandatory asap. I do find it odd though how they chose this particular ship to have it first, perhaps something to do with the currency and language issues that they will have to deal with and just trying to avoid those problems???

Trying to figure out how these wristbands would affect "currency and language issues". I didn't even know there were any issues.

Wow. Even if they made it mandatory they wouldn't make you actually wear it. Put it in your pocket or on a lanyard or in your purse or whatever you do with your card now. You said you weren't worried about location tracking, so I guess you're all set.

The other guy said it best. Grr!! Change bad!! LOL :D

The ship is going to Asia there will be a lot of language barriers and the cruise line I would think take american currency, not foreign exchange (but I am not positive) so these bands can convert the currency for the cruise line so that the proper charges will be billed correctly.

Edited by lyndamr

The ship is going to Asia there will be a lot of language barriers and the cruise line I would think take american currency, not foreign exchange (but I am not positive) so these bands can convert the currency for the cruise line so that the proper charges will be billed correctly.

Trying to figure out how an RFID bracelet can translate languages or convert money. :confused: