Looking for a good hotel for Port Everglades

aandersen33

Springhill Suites, Dania Beach, has free airport shuttle. They used to have a free cruise port shuttle too, but not sure about that now.

Edited by clarea

Embassy Suites on SE 17th St. Huge rooms, full breakfast and evening Happy Hour. Shopping area behind the hotel has good places to eat, plus a supermarket for any last minute "forgotten" items.

It doesn't have a free shuttle, but it is sooooo easy to get a cab from the airport to the hotel for $15. They have a shuttle to the port for a nominal free, or you can get a cab for about $15.

We used Hyatt Place, very close to port, they have a shuttle, free breakfast, free internet and a starbucks in the lobby. They have a hyatt house right behind it and we loved the rooms but really didn't like the hotel set up and no starbucks, so that's a downy for me

Any tips?

I know you will get many. I have stayed twice in the area. Hyatt Pier 66, no official shuttle, many cheap taxis available. Decent place. I liked this place because it was walking distance to the beach where the ships leave port. It was very enjoyable to be on shore when Oasis was leaving.

In 2011 I stayed at the Roadway Inn Dania Beach because it was the only thing I could get that had vacancy 4 months out. It was good enough, like a typical interstate highway hotel. But I did want to mention book early there are events other than cruises that fill up the area. If you are sailing late April/Early May Fleet week can take all the hotels.

We used Hyatt Place, very close to port, they have a shuttle, free breakfast, free internet and a starbucks in the lobby. They have a hyatt house right behind it and we loved the rooms but really didn't like the hotel set up and no starbucks, so that's a downy for me

There is a big difference between here and the Hyatt Pier 66 where they have a $20 breakfast Buffet.

Springhill Suites, Hyatt Place and Hyatt House are all in the same campus in Dania and offer what the OP wants, although I believe that there is a reasonable fee for the shuttle from those hotels to the pier. There is also a large mall with several restaurants across the road from the hotels. We have bid on Priceline and have gotten each of these properties at various times of the year, usually for a bid of between $50 and $60 a night.

We just booked the Hyatt place for November 5th for a good price. Has airport shuttle but will cost $7 a person to the port that is a nice price. Free breakfast and has a Starbucks. We are good to go.:D

Taxi's are typically $15 for up to four.... Readily available at the hotels.....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Springhill Suites in Dania Beach has a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel and a free shuttle from the hotel to Port Everglades. They do charge a fee to shuttle you from Port Everglades to the hotel.

You are going to be hard pressed to keep the rate at under $200 per night during the winter at most of the hotels noted above. The Spring Hill Suite rate is over $300/n in January. We are in at the Embassy Suites in January at $208 which we booked last month and understand that it has moved up to $250 since. On one of our roll calls someone said that the Hyatt Marina had some rates in the $185 range thru Last Minute Travel.

I recommend Cambria Suites, Dania Beach:

http://www.cambriasuitesfortlauderdale.com/

We have stayed there pre-cruise twice. Comfortable rooms with a separate sitting/desk area, a nice patio with a pool & also a small gym. A little out of the way (which keeps rates somewhat lower than the competition), but they have a free shuttle to and from FLL and the port, about 15 minutes either way if memory serves me. Inexpensive breakfast and deli food in lobby area.

Have a great cruise.

We just booked the Hyatt place for November 5th for a good price. Has airport shuttle but will cost $7 a person to the port that is a nice price. Free breakfast and has a Starbucks. We are good to go.:D

I would take a cab from Hyatt Place - 17th instead. Alot more comfortable, you can leave when you want to, and cost should not be more than $15 with a good tip included.

If you are traveling solo, the shuttle might make sense. Then again, if you have 3 or 4, its alot cheaper in the cab (if the luggage all fits).

DaveOKC