Fan in cabin upon request?

I take my adjustable small vornado table top small fan (electric) with me wherever I go including my cruises. I try to make sure it is in my carry on in case they xray it in checked luggage and then I may have to go to naughty room to pick up . Lol

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk HD

What do you write to them and say? "I need a fan, not for medical purposes but because I can't sleep without one?" ---not trying to be funny or mean, just asking.

My wife has a hard time breathing without constant air blowing on her while she sleeps. She will wake gasping for air. Yes we have had her tested, she doesn't need a cpap, it is more of a mind over matter thing I guess

This is the email I sent:

Hello, we are sailing on Allure August 31, 2014, and would like to request a box fan be placed in our cabin. Also my husband uses a CPAP machine, are there extension cords available or should we bring one?

Of course I added our reservation number and signed it "thanks!" :)

That would be awesome if you were guaranteed a fan, but what happens if you board and they say sorry we don't have any for you? I'd rather be safe than sorry so I know I can sleep good for the next 7 nights.

I'm sure this is a possibility. That's why I print out a confirmation so if there are issues I can escalate with whomever is responsible. My understanding us you cannot bring your own fan other than the small battery powered ones mentioned and those don't have enough noise and air circulation for my husband so we always ask. So far so good.

On my last cruise I brought a small electric fan and didnt have an issue. I did send a request last night for a fan. Will see what kind of response I get. I sent a similar e-mail to what Mandy Moo wrote I also included my cabin #.

10644824_10152759376860864_3446706233107076600_n.jpg.8e239e1edee286785aafba48ed057ad4.jpg

I've had varying degrees of success bringing a fan in my luggage. I've been to the naughty room quite a few times and sometimes I've had to pick my fan up on the last day. My DH has breathing issues and has a CPAP. Every time I have made a request of Special Needs for the CPAP setup and a fan, I've been told no for the fan. Special Needs does not have fans but on occasion housekeeping will give you one. Sometimes my fans have been examined by a ships safety officer before I could keep it. The Enchantment was particularly diligent confiscating fans. Seriously, you allow flat hair irons, hair dryers, curling irons and electric rollers, what's the deal. :p

We now bring the battery operated fan.

This is what we use - It is available at Target, Walmart, Bed Bath & Beyond, etc. Even has a USB port to charge other items.

The power pack disconnects from it, so we just keep the power cord packed separately. No worries about batteries. Works great for about $20

http://www.target.com/p/o2-cool-10-deluxe-fan-with-optional-battery-operation-black/-/A-15024770#prodSlot=medium_1_6&tempterm=o2cool+portable+10+fan

Do you have a link?

I bought two table top battery operated travel fans online. They fold flat & take up very little space in the luggage.... One for my side & one for his.... Works great! Love 'em!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We just got off the Oasis last Saturday. The air conditioning in our cabin was not working. We had maintenance to our room several times. Their solution was to give us a fan. That's a whole other story but nonetheless my point being they are available onboard you just need to ask you steward and he/she will bring you one.

You are welcome! Enjoy your cruise :)

Email Special Needs at special_needs@rccl.com ahead of time and they will place a box fan in your room if they get notice in time (they only have so many I suppose). We do this before our cruises as my husband has to have a fan on to sleep at night also. We have used the fan app on my phone a couple of times at home when the power was out due to a storm and it is better than nothing but nowhere near a real fan, IMO.

I did this and got a response back that they do not provide fans in the rooms. :(

I did this and got a response back that they do not provide fans in the rooms. :(

Hmm, that's odd because we've don't it very cruise and I'm on the Allure right now with a fan in my cabin, provided by RCCL. Maybe it was the person who responded???

Well that's just a bummer. I might try again before we sail (14 days!), and then ask the room steward when we board.

Yup,we have about a 50% success rate asking for a fan from our housekeeping steward.So I always bring my small electric fan.I have never not been allowed to board with it.Apparently Ive never been caught.

I emailed the same address and received a response stating they will request a small fan from the ship for me and I will be notified once a reply is received. About 20 minutes later I received a reply from an access advocate stating the ship has advised they can accommodate my request and it will be in my stateroom on embarkation day.

I emailed the same address and received a response stating they will request a small fan from the ship for me and I will be notified once a reply is received. About 20 minutes later I received a reply from an access advocate stating the ship has advised they can accommodate my request and it will be in my stateroom on embarkation day.

Same here. Got the confirmation email and I printed it off in case there was an issue. We've got a fan in our cabin :)

So far I have gotten a similar response from an access advocate that they would be e-mailing the ship and would get back to me with a response. I'm hoping that they can that way I would have room for another pair of shoes :D

The second request seems to have worked! I got an email back saying that they confirmed with the ship that a fan would be in our room.

But... they also seemed to think we needed distilled water and an extension cord for a CPAP machine that doesn't exist and said they would provide both at no additional charge. :/

I have taken this electric fan with me on every land and sea trip the last few years. I've never been questioned or hassled about it, but know that it may happen some day. It provides a decent amount of airflow and noise so that I can sleep at night. It's very small about 5in tall and 4in wide and folds nicely. Got it for $15 at Target.

Z414iTepzaBL._SY300_.jpg

HG10687A_detail.jpg

Z

I have taken this electric fan with me on every land and sea trip the last few years. I've never been questioned or hassled about it, but know that it may happen some day. It provides a decent amount of airflow and noise so that I can sleep at night. It's very small about 5in tall and 4in wide and folds nicely. Got it for $15 at Target.

Z414iTepzaBL._SY300_.jpg

HG10687A_detail.jpg

Z

Thats the exact same fan we bring. Never been an issue getting it on board.

On another note we just received confirmation today that a fan will be placed in our room as well.Although I will still smuggle my own on in case.

where are you able to plug the fan in? Or are you bringing an extension cord?

I always bring an 8' extension cord (brand new, still in packaging), but on most ships there is a "hidden" outlet either behind the bed or one of the bedside tables. I have only been on one ship that didn't have the hidden outlet, but I don't recall which one it was or even if it was a RCI ship.

For anyone interested in the travel fan, I bought one last night for $11 at Walmart. I was surprised how flat it lays and it is quite light also. Takes 8 "D" batteries. Should be no problem packing it for the cruise or whenever. Thanks for the info.:D