Fan in cabin upon request?

We sleep with two fans every night and will probably have a hard time sleeping without one. Are there fans available upon request? If not, am I allowed to bring at least a small one with me?

Thanks everyone for all the valuable info I have received!

I bought two table top battery operated travel fans online. They fold flat & take up very little space in the luggage.... One for my side & one for his.... Works great! Love 'em!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It's electric, and makes a lot of noise, which I need.

Since most people take their phone with them anyway, isn't it just easier to use a white noise app? Even if you want to use an external travel speaker, it's still much easier to carry than a fan, plus you can use the speaker for music or movies.

We sleep with two fans every night and will probably have a hard time sleeping without one. Are there fans available upon request? If not, am I allowed to bring at least a small one with me?

Thanks everyone for all the valuable info I have received!

Email Special Needs at special_needs@rccl.com ahead of time and they will place a box fan in your room if they get notice in time (they only have so many I suppose). We do this before our cruises as my husband has to have a fan on to sleep at night also. We have used the fan app on my phone a couple of times at home when the power was out due to a storm and it is better than nothing but nowhere near a real fan, IMO.

Email Special Needs at special_needs@rccl.com ahead of time and they will place a box fan in your room if they get notice in time (they only have so many I suppose). We do this before our cruises as my husband has to have a fan on to sleep at night also. We have used the fan app on my phone a couple of times at home when the power was out due to a storm and it is better than nothing but nowhere near a real fan, IMO.

Thank you! I will do that right away. Problem solved!

I bring a small, electric desk fan on every trip...be it cruise or not!

We do too! I'd get very little sleep without it! (also bring an extension cord) so fan can be beside my head instead of by the foot of the bed

@Srv FAN how long do the batteries last? Do you bring lots of extras?

We do too! I'd get very little sleep without it! (also bring an extension cord) so fan can be beside my head instead of by the foot of the bed

@Srv FAN how long do the batteries last? Do you bring lots of extras?

They have lasted thru two cruises & several hotel stays... Same batteries since 2011! I don't carry extras, because if they go dead... I can just buy more on the ship or anywhere we go.... C cell batteries... Two to each fan... No worries.

@SRV FAN- Wow I'm impressed are they very loud? The louder the better IMO and what is the brand of the fans? I'm going to have to check on these!

They aren't too loud... But gives a nice hummmm.... They have two speeds. Got them on Amazon dot com.

They are square & the base unfolds to make the stand.... Try searching battery operated travel fans....

The brand is "O2 Cool" I got the 5" ones... They won't cool ya across the room, but placed on the nightstand, they work great. Got two... One for each side of the bed...

Edited by SRV FAN

Email Special Needs at special_needs@rccl.com ahead of time and they will place a box fan in your room if they get notice in time (they only have so many I suppose).

Thank you for the email address. I just put my request in for a fan.

Email Special Needs at special_needs@rccl.com ahead of time and they will place a box fan in your room if they get notice in time (they only have so many I suppose).

Thank you for the email address. I just put my request in for a fan.

You are welcome! Enjoy your cruise :)

my question is if you do this do they let you know if it can be done? Or do you just kind of hope they can. I use mine for the noise and the breeze too. And I would so disappointed if I made the request and it didn't happen then I didnt bring my fan.

my question is if you do this do they let you know if it can be done? Or do you just kind of hope they can. I use mine for the noise and the breeze too. And I would so disappointed if I made the request and it didn't happen then I didnt bring my fan.

Yes, they respond saying that they'll contact the ship and get back to you as soon as they know. Then you'll get a confirmation email if there are fans available. I print mine off and take it just in case.

I would bring one no matter what cause I requested one a couple cruises ago and they were all out.So bring one,they wont let you know yes or no and even if they did I wouldnt trust it would happen.

Yes, they respond saying that they'll contact the ship and get back to you as soon as they know. Then you'll get a confirmation email if there are fans available. I print mine off and take it just in case.

Thanks Mandy Moo I will be checking this out for my next cruise :-)

What do you write to them and say? "I need a fan, not for medical purposes but because I can't sleep without one?" ---not trying to be funny or mean, just asking.

My wife has a hard time breathing without constant air blowing on her while she sleeps. She will wake gasping for air. Yes we have had her tested, she doesn't need a cpap, it is more of a mind over matter thing I guess