GSC- Theft Problems?

M&D 2014

I know many of you have the good fortune of traveling with larger groups of friends and family but on our first cruise there is only going to be two of us.

My question is: When you go spend the day on the private island GSC do you think we can both go swimming and leave our stuff on a chair or should we take turns to watch the stuff?

I know many of you have the good fortune of traveling with larger groups of friends and family but on our first cruise there is only going to be two of us.

My question is: When you go spend the day on the private island GSC do you think we can both go swimming and leave our stuff on a chair or should we take turns to watch the stuff?

Didn't you hear..... They now have the ncl crew carrying guns... Things have been stolen.... And the chair hog are so bad they have shoot to kill orders.... LOL... Only kidding... It's just as safe as the ship.... I hope you have a good cruise and enjoy yourself.... Be safe and GOD BLESS!!:eek:

You don't really need anything

I have been there 2x and other than bathing suit coverup flip flops and sunscreen what else's do you need?

Your sign a nd sail card of course but just put it in the zipper pocket of your beach bag

Massage? Tip? Well I guess some cash for tip Can the massage be charged to the s and a? Not sure

Drinks on the s and s

Water floats. S and s

Store purchases s and s as well

Hippo slide? Pre paid

Cell phone? Cabin safe

iPad/ kindle? Idk but I might leave it on the ship

Not really much of a need for valuable belongings IMHO on gsc

Unless I am forgetting something the only valuable might be a camera

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by luvtheships

Maybe I'm being naive, but somehow I doubt that any of your fellow passengers would steal another passenger's stuff.

As for the poster who suggested that you ask your neighbors to watch your stuff: I respectfully disagree. I really don't think that other people should be responsible for your stuff. I do not bring my electronics to the beach. A paperback works just fine if I want to read, and we have a waterproof camera that we take along when snotkeling.

We left our things unattended for an hour or more, I'd say. Never once even worried that someone might steal something. Maybe I'm too trusting. Everything was right where I left it when we returned.

It was just my husband and myself.... No large group for us either. It was a great day! So fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Maybe I'm being naive, but somehow I doubt that any of your fellow passengers would steal another passenger's stuff.

As for the poster who suggested that you ask your neighbors to watch your stuff: I respectfully disagree. I really don't think that other people should be responsible for your stuff. I do not bring my electronics to the beach. A paperback works just fine if I want to read, and we have a waterproof camera that we take along when snotkeling.

While the overwhelming majority of passengers are normal, honest trustworthy people, there is always the possibility of some scheming, thieving dishonest people. However I also disagree about asking people to watch your stuff. I think it is extremely disrespectful and rude. I cannot stand when someone turns and asks me to watch their stuff. If you say no, you are perceived as inconsiderate. If you say yes, what obligation do you then have? Is there a time limit? Do I have to get up & fight off a thief if someone tries to take their stuff?

There are good and bad people everywhere you go. Do like you would do at a beach, make small talk with people around you and ask that they keep an eye on your stuff. You'll be fine.

That is what we always do at any beach - besides that I never take much valuables with me to the beach except for the camera. And I don't trust cruise passengers more (or less) than I would trust people at any other beach - thief's can be found everywhere, also among 3-4000 passengers on a cruise ship...

Thank you so much for your replies. I have been pondering this for awhile now.

Luckily I have a waterproof camera so we can take that with us to the water and we'll just leave the other valuables (kindle) back at the boat. This way we can leave our stuff and only risk loosing sandals and cover ups.

Do people have trouble getting towels stolen since there is a deposit? I used to go to all inclusive resorts where this would happen.

Thank you so much for your replies. I have been pondering this for awhile now.

Luckily I have a waterproof camera so we can take that with us to the water and we'll just leave the other valuables (kindle) back at the boat. This way we can leave our stuff and only risk loosing sandals and cover ups.

Do people have trouble getting towels stolen since there is a deposit? I used to go to all inclusive resorts where this would happen.

I believe these incidents are very rare. I'm certainly not comfortable saying that things like this don't happen though because I know they do. It has happened to me just not on a cruise. If nothing bad or inconvenient (however big or small) has ever happened to you on vacation then you don't vacation enough. I do believe cruisers watch out for each other and and if they are next to me on the beach I wont sit and watch their things or area be looted while I am watching. I don't think others would either. But never say never!:rolleyes:

Maybe I should have been clearer in my previous post. What I meant to say is that I do not take anything to the beach that I might think is worth stealing. No iphones, ipads, ipods, kindles, Nooks, etc. the waterproof camera goes with us when snorkeling.

If you're seriously worry about your belongings on the beach, then get yourself a waterproof case from Amazon or Ebags. They can holds your wallet, passport, camera and/or cell phone that wraps around your hips; or jumbo size which can also holds your clothes that goes over your shoulder. They only about cost $9-$35; worth the money to make sure no can steal your valuables while swimming.