Muster station for boardwalk balcony on Allure

Hello all,

My family and I will be sailing on the Allure of the Seas next March with two people (including myself) in a boardwalk balcony stateroom, and two across the hall in an oceanview balcony stateroom, both on Deck 8 (aft). I was wondering if we would share an assembly station (makes sense, we did on the Oasis this past March), and which station would that area be assigned to? On the Oasis, we were on Deck 7, forward, with an oceanview balcony and windowless interior stateroom, both of which mustered in the Opal Theater. The drill went very smoothly imo. I'm just kind of curious, so if anybody knows where that part of Deck 8 meets for the drill, please let me know! Thank you.

Hello all,

My family and I will be sailing on the Allure of the Seas next March with two people (including myself) in a boardwalk balcony stateroom, and two across the hall in an oceanview balcony stateroom, both on Deck 8 (aft). I was wondering if we would share an assembly station (makes sense, we did on the Oasis this past March), and which station would that area be assigned to? On the Oasis, we were on Deck 7, forward, with an oceanview balcony and windowless interior stateroom, both of which mustered in the Opal Theater. The drill went very smoothly imo. I'm just kind of curious, so if anybody knows where that part of Deck 8 meets for the drill, please let me know! Thank you.

It varies all the time.

I don't know where yours will be but I just wanted to say that it is possible you could have different muster stations. That happened to us on the Liberty. Kids two rooms across the hall were in a different area from ours. They weren't far from each other, but they were different. Luckily there was no emergency because there is no way I would have gone on a different life boat from my kids!

On Oasis and Allure, Deck 8 aft, it was located in the Oceanaria seating area. Numerous muster stations are located in the outdoors in the seating area at the rear pool area. There will be crew with signs to identify which muster station area you should report to. They will scan your Seapass cards and you then get seated to watch the muster drill. In the event of an emergency, after you muster there, the crew would lead each group to their respective lifeboats. (In theory anyway, that is how it should work)

The biggest problem with this muster station location, is that you are out in the elements. If it is hot and sunny or cold and rainy, you will be at the mercy of the elements. In the event of an emergency it would be the least of our problems.:D

Edited by Hypo

On Oasis and Allure, Deck 8 aft, it was located in the Oceanaria seating area. Numerous muster stations are located in the outdoors in the seating area at the rear pool area. There will be crew with signs to identify which muster station area you should report to. They will scan your Seapass cards and you then get seated to watch the muster drill. In the event of an emergency, after you muster there, the crew would lead each group to their respective lifeboats. (In theory anyway, that is how it should work)

The biggest problem with this muster station location, is that you are out in the elements. If it is hot and sunny or cold and rainy, you will be at the mercy of the elements. In the event of an emergency it would be the least of our problems.:D

Good to know. When that happened on the Monarch (when she was still with RCCL), we were able to negociate with the crew and all muster together. I had a feeling it would be the Aqua Theater. Since I do not know for sure, those who have been in a boardwalk balcony, please feel free to continue replying and letting me know where your station was! I'm not too worried though, because the crew is awesome and easy to negotiate with. Thanks again!

You may be in different muster stations. We were in an oceanview balcony on deck 9 aft, and we mustered in the aqua theater. My in-laws were in a boardwalk balcony on deck 9, and they mustered in the dining room (on deck 5, I believe).

That was the Adagio dining room right? Are there TV screens in there? Because on the Oasis class, they play a safety video rather than a live demonstration. How do they do it in there? Or do they have LED screens? Or do they just do it live? Just wondering, because like I said, we watched it in the Opal Theater on Allure, and boy did the emergency signal echo in there- had my ears ringing afterwards :D anyway, I was just curious because I don't recall there being screens in the restaurant to watch the presentation on!

Edited by CreativeCruiser119

That was the Adagio dining room right? Are there TV screens in there? Because on the Oasis class, they play a safety video rather than a live demonstration. How do they do it in there? Or do they have LED screens? Or do they just do it live? Just wondering, because like I said, we watched it in the Opal Theater on Allure, and boy did the emergency signal echo in there- had my ears ringing afterwards :D anyway, I was just curious because I don't recall there being screens in the restaurant to watch the presentation on!

Yes, there are screens in the dining room. You probably don't nitric them during dinner since they display art pieces at that time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were in the ocenaria seating in the HOT sun for ours (Allure).

The first 5 min. were ok.

Then the heat, and glare really kicked in.

Many including us walked to the sides of the theatre for shade.

Finally people just got up and left during the captains speach over the intercom.

Just wondered what would happen during rain or thunder and lightening....would they move you to another locale....where.......

Sea Ya

There's no guarantee where your stations will be. They may be together, or not. The system is designed to quickly get people off the ship if there is an emergency. It's not really set up so that friends can chat during muster drill.

The muster stations are the same every cruise. Which one you are assigned is based on your deck and cabin location as the ship is broken up into different zones for this purpose. It is quite possible the people in a cabin right across from you will be in a different muster station than you.

• 2 months later...