Another price drop??

I did a mock reservation and saw another price drop. Is RC having a hard time selling the sail dates for my cruise? I really don't care because another price drop is awesome. I'm going to call tomorrow and see about getting it credited towards my reservation :D

I did a mock reservation and saw another price drop. Is RC having a hard time selling the sail dates for my cruise? I really don't care because another price drop is awesome. I'm going to call tomorrow and see about getting it credited towards my reservation :D

Their pricing system is all computerized. If the cabins aren't selling well the computer drops the price.

Many on these board also believe that employees in Revenue use a dart board to drop prices. Either way enjoy the savings!

I have two possible responses to your question:

1. When you booked, did you get the BOGOHO rate?

2. I just looked at the website, and if you were paying $200 more per person when you booked, then (IMO) the cruise was overpriced to begin with.

:)

Question about price drops - if I've already paid in full but I see a price drop, can I switch cabins if the price i paid is the same as what a cabin is going for now?

Ie. I spent $1,500 on an inside cabin but I see an outside right now for almost $1,500. If I've paid in full already but I call my TA or RCI, can I get my inside moved to outside for the same price?

Question about price drops - if I've already paid in full but I see a price drop, can I switch cabins if the price i paid is the same as what a cabin is going for now?

Ie. I spent $1,500 on an inside cabin but I see an outside right now for almost $1,500. If I've paid in full already but I call my TA or RCI, can I get my inside moved to outside for the same price?

Yes, you can usually switch, but there are exceptions if the new price is restricted in any way.

I wouldn't wait until tomorrow to call unless by tomorrow you mean today:D

I had to wait until today (the following day) because their call center was closed for the evening. I received my price drop though! So far it's a little over $600 off due to price drops. Not bad :)

I had to wait until today (the following day) because their call center was closed for the evening. I received my price drop though! So far it's a little over $600 off due to price drops. Not bad :)

When is your cruise? I can't do a mock booking since my cabin is sold out. I was just trying to see if it maybe was around the same as our sailing in December.

I don't know about RCCL having a hard time filling ships but it looks like maybe Carnival is. I just looked for September of this year and there are 6 ships with 7 day cruises for $369 to $419 for a balcony! The Breeze which has a 6 day, Like the Indy is only $299 for freaking balcony, OMG! If I lived close to one of those ports it would be hard to pass those rates up... I dont think I can live at home for a week for those prices:D

My brother, who had never cruised on Carnival, was able to cruise on the Splendor out of NYC earlier this summer for about $1000 for an 8 night cruise. Solo, in a balcony. Including paying for two friends. Solo in inside cabins.

That's THREE cabins solo for 8 nights, for $1000. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I don't know about RCCL having a hard time filling ships but it looks like maybe Carnival is. I just looked for September of this year and there are 6 ships with 7 day cruises for $369 to $419 for a balcony! The Breeze which has a 6 day, Like the Indy is only $299 for freaking balcony, OMG! If I lived close to one of those ports it would be hard to pass those rates up... I dont think I can live at home for a week for those prices:D

We live in Australia, and the cruise prices are soooo much dearer here than in North America! We do plan to move to Canada in a couple of years, so guess what we will be doing:D

You think that's cheap, there was a Pax that wrote on this board that she/he as able to snag a 12 nite on Oasis from Fort Lauderdale to Barcelona (9/1/14 )for less than $700 per for a balcony including airfare. I did a mock booking and sure enough it stared me in the face. OMG, what a steal, wish I had the time.

Ps. I did a mock booking again the next day to show my son this incredible rate, and alas it was gone.

You think that's cheap, there was a Pax that wrote on this board that she/he as able to snag a 12 nite on Oasis from Fort Lauderdale to Barcelona (9/1/14 )for less than $700 per for a balcony including airfare. I did a mock booking and sure enough it stared me in the face. OMG, what a steal, wish I had the time.

Ps. I did a mock booking again the next day to show my son this incredible rate, and alas it was gone.

I was drooling over the Oasis sailing about a week ago when they started the Air+Cruise sale, but there is no way I can get that kind of time off right now ... the return trip in mid-October is still priced for the budget-minded traveler. Without air, it comes up at 1401.78 for 2 in an inside.