New to Princess

tink218

I booked a mini suite on the Regency for Fe. 22nd. I booked an MF category and it said my cabin would be assigned before departure. Should I spend the extra to be able to pick my location or just take a chance? Have cruised many times on Royal and NCL, but have always picked a cabin. Thank you for your help

I think you mean the Regal, and the fact is there are not many cabins in the MF class, so they will assign a mini-suite to you. It will probably not be an MF but could be any mini-suite.

If you prefer to know exactly what cabin and where it will be, yes, then it would be best to pay for a higher category that will allow you to choose. Personally, I would stick with the gty at this point.

I booked a mini suite on the Regency for Fe. 22nd. I booked an MF category and it said my cabin would be assigned before departure. Should I spend the extra to be able to pick my location or just take a chance? Have cruised many times on Royal and NCL, but have always picked a cabin. Thank you for your help

When you book a gty thats the chance you take.

If you think you may not be happy with the Princess cabin choice I suggest you pick your own cabin so there is no doubt.

Hi Tink218 - Welcome to Princess.

I thought the MF category mini-suites (M107 & M108 and L107 & L108) had been reclassified as M6 - Premium Mini-Suites. If these are the cabins you are talking about, because they have large balconies, they are very popular and usually sell out before a sailing.

That being said - as others have indicated - if you would be satisfied with a mini-suite in any other location, including right under the SeaWalk or SeaView Bar, then a gty would work.

Edited by MarKay525

If you don't care where your cabin is on the ship--deck level and aft, middle, or forward--then stick with your guarantee. You could get an assignment anytime from now until you get to the pier. You can check the Cruise Personalizer on the Princess website from time to time to see if you've been assigned a cabin. Once you're assigned a cabin, you can ask to be switched to any open cabin in the same category if there are any. The closer you get to the sailing date, the less likely there will be any cabins available in the same category. That's the risk you take with a guarantee.

We've booked guarantees before and have never been disappointed. Other people are bothered more by noise (such as being under the pool deck or above the theater) and location.

Edited by geoherb

Sorry, I did mean Regal!! We really don't care where it is, so I guess I will take my chances!! If it does get assigned soon, and I am not happy with the location, can I change my booking? My husband likes to sleep in, but I am an early riser, so noise may bother him. I guess I will talk it over with him. Thank you for the quick answers.

Sorry, I did mean Regal!! We really don't care where it is, so I guess I will take my chances!! If it does get assigned soon, and I am not happy with the location, can I change my booking? My husband likes to sleep in, but I am an early riser, so noise may bother him. I guess I will talk it over with him. Thank you for the quick answers.

You can either:

o Ask if there is another cabin available in the same category you were placed. If there is one, they can switch you to it with no problem or charge.

o Ask to be put back into the GTY pool. However, the next assignment might not be any better (but it could be).