TA perks for all !!

What i mean is i have read somewhere on here that sometimes when a US booking is made with a TA that they have received a bottle of champagne or drinks package or on board credit. Would you normally only get these if it's an offer at the time or do you just be (cheeky) and try your luck? In my opinion it's like getting blood out of a stone with a TA over here!

It is the ta that cares about their guests that will do this and their business grows accordingly

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm curious how this can be the case.

If a US TA has to give away all or most of his commission to get you to book then how is this a long term business model for the TA?

In certain markets RCI operates using an agent model which means that they are not allowed to offer any incentives (like extra OBC, champagne, etc.) or discounts on the price so you get exactly the same price, benefits, etc. no matter what. What you can get depends on if RCI operates in that way in that market.

Well your looking for one and as a ta you can buy these thing cheaper

Increases loyalty because if service

You don't earn as much but is worth it

Can't really say much more because of rules though

Sorry

Greg

If a US TA has to give away all or most of his commission to get you to book then how is this a long term business model for the TA?

Just a guess, but through volume of sales through word of mouth referral.

They don't need to give up all of their commission, just a bit but also provide great service. That would bring me to their door.

Edited by A&L_Ont

In certain markets RCI operates using an agent model which means that they are not allowed to offer any incentives (like extra OBC, champagne, etc.) or discounts on the price so you get exactly the same price, benefits, etc. no matter what. What you can get depends on if RCI operates in that way in that market.

Yes but as a ta you don't offer it

It is a surprise gift offering which

Your clients get used to

Breaks no rules but like loyalty programmes controls a loyal base

does anyone know of any UK resident getting perks off of the TA like some of our US friends across the pond?

I have read that UK residents can book with US travel agents, so you get the US perks and the US price drop rules.

A cruise we booked for next year through a US travel agent gave us $225 dollars on top of the $200 OBC RCI were already giving . We weren't expecting the TA OBC and I have it in writing! Nice perk.

No doubt if I start to chase price drops something will give but I was happy with the already cheaper than RCI UK price for the cruise .:)

I have read that UK residents can book with US travel agents, so you get the US perks and the US price drop rules.

I think this is true in some cases. Shop around on the internet to see who offers discounts or other rewards.

TA I used for September 2015 sailing on Explorer gave me free parking at the port (Southampton).

Hi, more than likely that came from RCI , they often offer promotions with free parking on UK sailings.

We leave tomorrow for a cruise on Adventure booked directly with RCI and have free parking.

The current RCI UK promotion is free gratuities, drinks package and free parking on UK sailings. :)

The TA's get blocks of rooms at great rates and can offer some perks as a result of this.

I have read recently that cruisers in the UK are getting drink packages included from RCI, that is something US cruisers do not have.

The TA's get blocks of rooms at great rates and can offer some perks as a result of this.

I have read recently that cruisers in the UK are getting drink packages included from RCI, that is something US cruisers do not have.

I wonder what the UK passengers are paying compared to the North American passengers? Easy enough to give away drinks packages and gratuities when they are paying more than us. But then again maybe they aren't paying more??

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We book all our cruises thro' the US (except for one particular line). The last 4/5 have been thro' a US t/a we met a few years ago on board the JOS, and has become a friend. Our cruises have always been cheaper thro' her, sometimes by a lot of $'s. Her personal gift from her is usually 1/2 bottles of wine (which we both enjoy) or, differently on one of our upcoming bookings, cupcakes. We are more than happy using our friend to handle our bookings, so far she has been faultless. :)

We book using a US travel agent that was recommended to us by a lady on a past roll call. We book via email and receive OBC of varying amounts based on the cruise cost, plus we are able to obtain price drops (which you otherwise can't in Australia). We find this works out pretty well for us.

I think much of the perks are funded by the rebates the TA gets on group bookings. I know at least once we have been in a group booking where the agency blocked out large numbers of rooms.

Just done a dummy booking on US rc web site and one on Uk web site (same date, same ship, same cabin and same poeple ) and UK one £2200 more, plus US has $200 OBC !!!

That's incredible, I'd be looking for a US TA, I can't help as I'm Canadian and don't use a regular agent. We receive a discount on cruises through the company my husband works for, even that isn't as good as it use to be but it's still something.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app