udp

the perfect fit

Being that the specialty restaurants are only open for dinner, it kind of forces the answer to be "yes".

But, sushi is open for lunch on sea days? (Epic Breakaway and Getaway not sure)

So, maybe not so black and white.

But, sushi is open for lunch on sea days? (Epic Breakaway and Getaway not sure)

So, maybe not so black and white.

Sigh...Isn't sushi an a la carte venue which, by definition, is not a part of the UDP in the first place?

I seem recall Teppanyaki being open for lunch on some sea days too. I can't say if that is the current practice.

Yes...I also recall a time when it was open for breakfast, too. However, the package is for dining each night of the cruise...no mention of morning or afternoon. And...as I'm sure you already know...there is a huge difference between a specialty restaurant being open for business and NCL using the venue for a special purpose. (for example Jazz Brunch).

On the Pride of America, they hold the Chef's Table dinner in Le Bistro. However, you can't have the Chef's Table under UDP simply because Le Bistro is included. :rolleyes:

Sigh...Isn't sushi an a la carte venue which, by definition, is not a part of the UDP in the first place?

Yes...I also recall a time when it was open for breakfast, too. However, the package is for dining each night of the cruise...no mention of morning or afternoon. And...as I'm sure you already know...there is a huge difference between a specialty restaurant being open for business and NCL using the venue for a special purpose. (for example Jazz Brunch).

On the Pride of America, they hold the Chef's Table dinner in Le Bistro. However, you can't have the Chef's Table under UDP simply because Le Bistro is included. :rolleyes:

No, I wasn't talking about Teppanyaki being used for a special purposes (and cut the BS about it being used for breakfast) . I have been on several cruises where Teppanyaki was opened for it's normal dinner-type meal at lunch on a sea day, with a upcharge just as it is for dinner (maybe it was $5 cheaper than it was for dinner). The only thing I'm not sure about is whether that is currently done on any of the ships.

So stop the eye rolling because you're blowing smoke about something you obviously don't know anything about.

By the way, if you read the UDP terms and conditions you'll see that it specifically excludes the Chef's Table, with no reference to the venue where the Chef's Table is held, so your comment about it being held in Le Bistro on a particular ship is of no consequence .

Edited by njhorseman

No, I wasn't talking about Teppanyaki being used for a special purposes (and cut the BS about it being used for breakfast) . I have been on several cruises where Teppanyaki was opened for it's normal dinner-type meal at lunch on a sea day, with a upcharge just as it is for dinner (maybe it was $5 cheaper than it was for dinner). The only thing I'm not sure about is whether that is currently done on any of the ships.

So stop the eye rolling because you're blowing smoke about something you obviously don't know anything about.

By the way, if you read the UDP terms and conditions you'll see that it specifically excludes the Chef's Table, with no reference to the venue where the Chef's Table is held, so your comment about it being held in Le Bistro on a particular ship is of no consequence .

Well...if you weren't talking about special purposes, then you've answered your own question...as lunch on sea-days is a special purpose regular purpose being what they do EVERY day).

And BS? What's the difference between dinner-type and dinner? Talk about parsing...:rolleyes:

The terms and conditions don't mention Jazz Brunch...does that mean it is included?

Unless you know for a verifiable FACT that the UPD pays for lunch in Teppanyaki (or any other restaurant) perhaps you shouldn't say anything until you do...:rolleyes:

Well...if you weren't talking about special purposes, then you've answered your own question...as lunch on sea-days is a special purpose regular purpose being what they do EVERY day).

And BS? What's the difference between dinner-type and dinner? Talk about parsing...:rolleyes:

The terms and conditions don't mention Jazz Brunch...does that mean it is included?

Unless you know for a verifiable FACT that the UPD pays for lunch in Teppanyaki (or any other restaurant) perhaps you shouldn't say anything until you do...:rolleyes:

Suggest you read the post immediately after yours. The poster did eat in Teppanyaki at lunch, as part of the UDP. Case closed.

By the way your twisted logic is really humorous. You insisted in your usual arrogant and dismissive fashion that it was obvious the UDP couldn't apply to lunch in specialty restaurants because lunch wasn't served in specialty restaurants. Of course your underlying assumption is totally wrong....lunch is sometimes served in the specialties. Then you come up with some hilarious CYA saying if lunch is only served on some days then it was a special purpose.

You were the one who was insistent that the UDP couldn't be used at lunch. I merely said "maybe it can because specialties can be open at lunch".

Before spewing your usual nasty dismissive attitude on everyone who has the nerve to ask a question you've deemed to have such an obvious answer that the question is unworthy of a polite response, perhaps you might want to make sure you have your facts straight. Unless you enjoy being made to look like the hind end of a horse.

Edited by njhorseman

I had lunch in Teppanyaki, as part of the UDP, on the Spirit in April. It was open both sea days.

Was that your free specialty meal for the day? I can see doing my main meal for lunch and the doing a lighter dinner elsewhere.

Before spewing your usual nasty dismissive attitude on everyone who has the nerve to ask a question you've deemed to have such an obvious answer that the question is unworthy of a polite response, perhaps you might want to make sure you have your facts straight. Unless you enjoy being made to look like the hind end of a horse.

applause.gif

Suggest you read the post immediately after yours. The poster did eat in Teppanyaki at lunch, as part of the UDP. Case closed.

By the way your twisted logic is really humorous. You insisted in your usual arrogant and dismissive fashion that it was obvious the UDP couldn't apply to lunch in specialty restaurants because lunch wasn't served in specialty restaurants. Of course your underlying assumption is totally wrong....lunch is sometimes served in the specialties. Then you come up with some hilarious CYA saying if lunch is only served on some days then it was a special purpose.

You were the one who was insistent that the UDP couldn't be used at lunch. I merely said "maybe it can because specialties can be open at lunch".

Dude! Really?

frozen_let_it_go.jpg

Call us pigs, but we had teppanyaki for lunch on the Spirit covered by UDP and then went to another specialty restaurant for dinner-also covered under UDP!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Some folks have claimed to have done two different dinners on the same day with UDP as well! Wonder how much weight they gained on those cruises! :eek: