HAL shuttle in Venice?

hillsprint

We will have an overnight in Venice on our upcoming Noordam cruise. The last time we were there was with Celebrity and they ran a ship's shuttle to St Marks throughout the ship's stay in port, does HAL do this and what is the current cost?

Cheers

Michael

Princess ran one for a fee, I recall $15pp unlimited.... but don't know about HAL. We did not use the Princess shuttle because they ran infrequently from the pier and we already had our vaporetto passes from our pre-cruise time. Depends a lot on on where your ship will be parked. Our Princess ship started out at the main pier (where we boarded) but although we were in Venice overnight we changed piers during the night and parked the second day at 7-Bridges pier which is 7 bridges removed from St Mark's Square. The 7 bridges pier was about a 5-10 minute walk from SMSq so an excellent location, and no shuttle needed!

So see if you can find out where HAL will park. If you are at the main pier on the north side of the island you may be better off to purchase a vaporetto pass for 24 hrs. Best to buy ahead of time on line for reduced price; then you take your printed out voucher to the ticket booth and exchange it for your ticket/pass. If you have no mobility issues you can walk to Piazelle Roma from the main (north side) pier or use the People Mover (1.25 Euros pp each trip I believe now) and pick up the vaporettos there; go for the local and enjoy the Grand Canal or go for the Express to SMSq and enjoy more time there.

Sorry I can't answer your question directly but hope this give a bit of insight. Enjoy Venice! m--

Edited by RMLincoln

Thanks for the replies folks.

On the Excursions for the cruise HAL lists a St Marks transfer at a cheeky $36, it doesn't make it clear whether this is a single return trip or if it is for use on the duration of the stay in Venice.

No bother will wait and see what they offer on the day, we have no mobility issues and I reckon the People Mover might get some use :)

Cheers

Michael