Question about VIFP status

jovifan78

On the Splendor cruise we did in January we came on board with 18 days. We had two cruises not in the system, that totaled 11 days. At home they refused to give us credit for either of the two cruises even though I had a port of cruise photo for a 4 day one. On board I showed the port of call photo and within 6 hours got that credit giving us 4 days (actually they gave us 5) SO we were up to 23, the cruise we were on was 8 days so they issued gold cards since we now were over 25 days, got an invite to the VIFP party, was real happy but would still love the 7 day credit for my 1989 cruise on the Holiday.

I'll hit gold on my upcoming cruise in November. Hurry up, November....I need a cruise STAT!

I'm always ready for a cruise! lol I'm always tempted to hide out in the closet of the room on that last morning. I figure they'll find me though. :(

That is an excellent question, but I thought points are only get added after you complete the cruise. I have 73 points as of now, not including the cruise that I have booked for November of this year. It looks like at 75 points you are in Platinum category. I wonder if they will give me platinum embarkation. My cruise is for 7 days.

I'm always ready for a cruise! lol I'm always tempted to hide out in the closet of the room on that last morning. I figure they'll find me though. :(

Just stay in there and be real quiet until the room steward comes in. Then jump out and scare the crap out of him!:D

That is an excellent question, but I thought points are only get added after you complete the cruise. I have 73 points as of now, not including the cruise that I have booked for November of this year. It looks like at 75 points you are in Platinum category. I wonder if they will give me platinum embarkation. My cruise is for 7 days.

Just a follow up to my post. I was so curious to know, so I decided to just check in and see it on my boarding pass. I usually do the boarding pass last minute, like two days before the cruise. So as it turns out, it stated that I am platinum on it, so I am excited for the extra perks, such as the priority embarkation. This is a great surprise, as I really thought the perks will only come after I complete the cruise.

The interesting thing for me is, I have a B2B (8nt/6nt) booked for Nov-Dec 2015. I'll turn gold on 3rd day of the second leg. I recently looked at the docs for both legs and I show gold on both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We did a B2B and we turned platinum on our second leg. Because it was a back to back we got the platinum perks for the first leg too. :D

We did a B2B and we turned platinum on our second leg. Because it was a back to back we got the platinum perks for the first leg too. :D

I did the same, and I thought that was a very nice gesture from Carnival :) the perks were well enjoyed! Including 2 platinum gifts!

My cruise buddy for the 11/1 cruise has 17 days. I know that because we sailed together (she "forced" me to go on a 5-night cruise on Jubilee in 2001 and I'm the one who is now addicted!) on two 5-night cruises and a 7 night.

On our booking confirmation, it still shows her as Red although we're on an 8-night cruise. Yes, Day 25 won't be until the last day, but shouldn't the docs show her as Gold?

Do I need to check with her to see if she's "registered" on the VIFP page? I wondered if that was why she hadn't been changed to Gold. I'm sure she'd like to join me at the PG party.

Just a follow up to my post. I was so curious to know, so I decided to just check in and see it on my boarding pass. I usually do the boarding pass last minute, like two days before the cruise. So as it turns out, it stated that I am platinum on it, so I am excited for the extra perks, such as the priority embarkation. This is a great surprise, as I really thought the perks will only come after I complete the cruise.

That is awesome! I look forward to the day that I'm platinum but I have a few more cruises to take before that happens!