Logistics of catching the Princess shuttle

RNGALNG

Traveling on the Grand out of Seattle soon. Plan on getting in a few days early to see family and sights.

Also planning on having lunch the day we board in Tacoma. We have the Princess transfer to the dock after dropping off our car at the airport.

1. What time do we HAVE to be onboard?

2. What time will the last shuttle leave the airport?

Our Grand departure several weeks ago was surprisingly early...perhaps 3:30. I strongly suggest you scratch your plans for a Tacoma lunch...it's a 45-minute drive if you were going DIRECTLY from Tacoma to SCCT, so a 1pm lunch finish means you'd get to the airport around 1:30. If you dropped the gang at the airport with bags then drove to the off-site rental car return, you wouldn't be back to the airport to join your group until 2. There's NO WAY that I'd want to be running back to the airport to catch a shuttle (they need to load your bags separately) and get to the terminal around 2:30 - one hiccup and you're doing the pier run before your cruise started.

They probably need you checked in for the shuttle by 1pm, just to handle the bags and know the final head count. But by all means, call Princess and get the answer from them.

The information should be available in the Cruise Personalizer for your cruise. Several Important Notices are listed under Travel Itinerary following the itinerary. One of the Notifications should be AIR FLIGHT GUIDELINES. For Embarkation, the guidelines would say the latest domestic flight arrival would be a specific amount of time (hours and minutes) prior to the ship's departure.

In the past when flying in earlier and then using a Princess shuttle from the airport on another day, I have entered a fake flight under Flights & Transfers - Provide Independent Air Information. If you do this, decide what terminal you want to meet Princess at and select a specific arriving flight that falls within the Princess guidelines. Then give that flight information to Princess on the Cruise Personalizer. You would then meet the Princess rep at baggage claim at that terminal, and your name would be on their list for that specific time.

Thank you all. I found the information and the last shuttle will leave the airport at 2:00. As much as I would love to see my friend, I think it would be best to get to the airport earlier than later and get onboard! Sorry friend! She will get an email from me tonight.

Thank you all. I found the information and the last shuttle will leave the airport at 2:00. As much as I would love to see my friend, I think it would be best to get to the airport earlier than later and get onboard! Sorry friend! She will get an email from me tonight.

Can you get to the ship by 11 AM?

If so, check if the Bon Voyage Experience is available for your sailing. If available, for $39 you can treat your friend to lunch on board the ship.

Another option might be... see if the car rental company offers a shuttle - in some cities they do. Might be quicker and a whole lot easier than using Princess. Another plus with this could be - could you take the car to a rental office closer to the pier to drop it and get a shuttle or cab from there??

Also, traffic can be awful in Seattle at times due. To construction!

Example: we arrived to the airport around 11:00 am. We had hired a private driver to take us downtown. Thanks to him taking us way out of the way to get to our hotel, we were one of the lucky ones, making it in a little over an hour

Those who came in via I-5 had an approximately 2 hour drive to downtown

This was due to construction. And once off the freeway, traffic through town was awful. Half an hour just to get one block, also due to construction

On the other hand, upon disembarking, we made it to the airport in under half an hour, but only because wewere in a cab by 8 am on a Sunday morning

We come from a heavily congested area, but the Seattle traffic was some of the worst we'd ever experienced, so definitely get to the port early

Edited by 4cats4me

We could get there, but don't think she could. (I could check and see if she could!) How do I find out if it is still open? And what perks do you get for going? I've never done one!

Great idea!

BVE: costs $39 and if she books a cruise within (6 months?, 1 year?) she will get the $39 back as OBC. Includes boarding pix for all in the party, lunch in the MDR with wine. There might be more, but those are the highlights.

edit: BVE boards first!! After any wedding party and before preferred.

Edited by JF - retired RRT

We could get there, but don't think she could. (I could check and see if she could!) How do I find out if it is still open? And what perks do you get for going? I've never done one!

Call Princess (not your TA). They can tell you if it is offered and if there is still space available.