CB Mini-Suite Guarantee

traveling1969

We are cruising soon on the Caribbean Princess and have booked a mini-suite guarantee code "ME". We've also seen a code "MD". Can anyone tell me what a code "MD" means?

M = mini-suite

A,B,D and E = location from best to least so (in Princess' judgment).

Edited by ar1950

Mini suites are on the Dolphin and Emerald decks. The ones on the Emerald Deck of Category ME. A lot of folks prefer these because the balconies are covered. The mini suites on the Dolphin Deck have exposed balconies. They range from Category ME at the front of the ship, MB and MA toward the middle of the ship, and MD at the back of the ship.

Since you booked a GTY ME, it means you could be assigned any cabin category ME or higher. Thus if you end up in a mini-suite, it could be an ME, MD, MB or MA. There is a rare possibility you could be placed into a full suite.

Perfectly explained above.

We like a MA mini-suite because of its location. :)

LuLu

Edited by OCruisers

Mini suites are on the Dolphin and Emerald decks. The ones on the Emerald Deck of Category ME. A lot of folks prefer these because the balconies are covered. The mini suites on the Dolphin Deck have exposed balconies. They range from Category ME at the front of the ship, MB and MA toward the middle of the ship, and MD at the back of the ship.

Be aware though, that although ME might be 'lower category', they are a bit higher than Dolphin, and are also half covered. Dolphin balconies are uncovered and are so low that in mid-level seas, they tend to get covered in salt and spray. I'll stand pat on a good balcony on a higher deck vice getting a mini on Dolphin.