Getting on and off ship

foghorn

Doing the eastern Caribbean and twice I read on different websites that you need more than your cruise card to get back into port to board the ship. Any info greatly appreciated.

All I've ever needed other than my sign & sail card is valid government picture ID such as a driver's license.

wasiii

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

Thank you everyone for your quick response. All I ever remember is showing the cruise card.

They say you need the card and ID in every port. In real life, most ports you will be fine with just the card. But of course you would never travel in a foreign country or anywhere else without some sort of id, right?

(and please, please, please do not start the beaten up argument about taking passport, or not taking it)

Bermuda is not just One Island. NCL Lands on what is North Ireland Island in Bermuda.:D

They make laws, obey them, and enforce them. That's a great example to use. We should in the USA follow suit.

Bermuda is the island where you need pic id and your seapass....

Bermuda is not just One Island. NCL Lands on what is North Ireland Island in Bermuda.:D

They make laws, obey them, and enforce them. That's a great example to use. We should in the USA follow suit.

Not sure what you are trying to say here??

I don't think a single person was suggesting any laws be broken, were they?

When we sailed the eastern Caribbean on the Epic in Nov 2013, we only needed our cruise card in St. Martin and St. Thomas.

HOWEVER, before arriving in Nassau we were constantly told to take some form of government issued ID if we got off the ship.

Sure enough, on the way back to the ship the Bahamian authourities were checking for ID.

They say you need the card and ID in every port. In real life, most ports you will be fine with just the card. But of course you would never travel in a foreign country or anywhere else without some sort of id, right?

(and please, please, please do not start the beaten up argument about taking passport, or not taking it)

An ID ashore is a must, regardless of the form one chooses to take.

First, I do apologize to those that feel I have highjacked this thread, but.:o

Here's a question along the same line of thought, hopefully someone has a definitive answer from experience.

We are on a 7 Day Alaska (Sun) cruise next year return from Vancouver Sept 21-28, when the ship returns on the 28th, we will also be doing a 4 Day Pacific Coastal to San Diego on 28th to October 2 also on the Sun.

I know we would have to disembark after the 7 Day and re-register for the 4 Day as our on-board cruise cards will have to be changed to reflect the new cruise. We have the same cabin for both cruises so would we be able to get back on right away ? Would it be our advantage to take our time leaving so our waiting time would be as short as possible ? Is there anyone on board that we could speak to before hand ?

Thank you for your responses.

cheers...the Ump...:D

Here's a question along the same line of thought, hopefully someone has a definitive answer from experience.

We are on a 7 Day Alaska (Sun) cruise next year return from Vancouver Sept 21-28, when the ship returns on the 28th, we will also be doing a 4 Day Pacific Coastal to San Diego on 28th to October 2 also on the Sun.

I know we would have to disembark after the 7 Day and re-register for the 4 Day as our on-board cruise cards will have to be changed to reflect the new cruise. We have the same cabin for both cruises so would we be able to get back on right away ? Would it be our advantage to take our time leaving so our waiting time would be as short as possible ? Is there anyone on board that we could speak to before hand ?

How is this in ANY way related to OP's question? It's not even in the same ballpark.

"Sorry for highjacking, but I'm gonna do it anyway..." Why not start your own thread? :confused:

How is this in ANY way related to OP's question? It's not even in the same ballpark.

"Sorry for highjacking, but I'm gonna do it anyway..." Why not start your own thread? :confused:

Thank you very much for your valuable input, but it does include questions about BOARDING the ship as asked by the op and also includes any info concerning ID that was also in the OP's Question.

As you have conveniently not read my opening remark that contained an apology, I find it impossible to include someone as anal as you in the Apology Above.

Again, thank you very much for pointing out the obvious, I'm sure it will go a long way in helping anyone else with the same question in the near future. You truly are a shining star with your insight and ability in grasping the obvious. :p

Guest services with issue your new room key and give you a continuing cruiser sticker to wear . You will have to disembark ( go with the concierge ) for customs to clear the ship . It only takes a short time .

Edited by biker@sea

Yes, totally unrelated to this thread. Your question is basically about a B2B (back to back) cruise. They deal with this every single week and will be ready to handle it for you. I will tell you that the process is NOT THE SAME on every cruise. All depends on the port.

Guest services with issue your new room key and give you a continuing cruiser sticker to wear . You will have to disembark ( go with the concierge ) for customs to clear the ship . It only takes a short time .

Yes, totally unrelated to this thread. Your question is basically about a B2B (back to back) cruise. They deal with this every single week and will be ready to handle it for you. I will tell you that the process is NOT THE SAME on every cruise. All depends on the port.

Thanks for the helpful info and again my apologies for the highjack.

cheers...the Ump... :D