Will we love it or hate it??

2thesea

A cruise is what you make of it, and in all reality, I don't think anyone here can tell you if you'll have a good time or will love it or hate it. It's like asking if we think you'd like the color orange, or if you'd like mint chip ice cream, there's just not any way to tell you. Of course those on this board, most of whom are Celebrity backers, will tell you your cruise will be great, but if people are truly honest, they'll just tell you to give it a try and decide for yourself if you like or hate it.

A cruise is what you make of it, and in all reality, I don't think anyone here can tell you if you'll have a good time or will love it or hate it. It's like asking if we think you'd like the color orange, or if you'd like mint chip ice cream, there's just not any way to tell you. Of course those on this board, most of whom are Celebrity backers, will tell you your cruise will be great, but if people are truly honest, they'll just tell you to give it a try and decide for yourself if you like or hate it.

Thank you! I totally agree, it's so hard to try something new sometimes. I was concerned about the "feel" of the crowd so to speak. We were on the Grandeur

this past May to Bermuda and the passengers were "older" which left of Twenty-somethings a little out in the cold at night. I was also concerned about the conidtion of the ship in general. The Grandeur was in fairly shabby shape IMO even though she was recently refurbed.

Most of my cruises have been on Royal Caribbean, but now I've switched over to Celebrity, but I'm almost 60. Two years ago I took my then 21 and 26 year old kids to Alaska on Millenium. I have to admit they were disappointed there were not more people their own age, but decided it was about Alaska, not so made the best of it.

If I did it over I would have taken them on Royal Caribbean, much younger crowd, but we did have a wonderful trip. For myself and DH Celebrity fits the bill quite nicely.

I've been on Summit twice and am going on her again in January (Caribbean) and to Bermuda in May. The ship is nice, but is older. I think I'd advise you to look at the other options as well. My friend just took her 20 something daughter and son-in-law on NCL Epic or Breakaway, can't remember which, but they raved about the ship. I Believe Breakaway goes to Bermuda and one of the Royal Caribbean might next year as well.

We are avid cruisers, sailing on Disney and Royal. We are thinking about sailing on the Summit to Bermuda next May. Our group ages range from 68 to 25 yrs old. Give me your thoughts…..GO :)

We have been sailing Celebrity since 1994 and can say without a doubt you are going to hate it! Don't do it! You will become the outcast at all family holiday gatherings, birthdays, and anniversary's, weddings and even funerals. They will speak your name with contempt because you introduced them to a cruise line that makes them all want to not attend any family functions because they could sail and spend time on a Celebrity ship. If you value your relationship with your family do not introduce them to Celebrity. You may never get to spend any time with them again!:D

Oh, and gdpups, the previous comment, is sailing for 11 days with us in Nov because time on Celebrity is way better than time with any stuck up in-laws!!! LOL

Edited by wallie5446

We have been sailing Celebrity since 1994 and can say without a doubt you are going to hate it! Don't do it! You will become the outcast at all family holiday gatherings, birthdays, and anniversary's, weddings and even funerals. They will speak your name with contempt because you introduced them to a cruise line that makes them all want to not attend any family functions because they could sail and spend time on a Celebrity ship. If you value your relationship with your family do not introduce them to Celebrity. You may never get to spend any time with them again!:D

Oh, and gdpups, the previous comment, is sailing for 11 days with us in Nov because time on Celebrity is way better than time with any stuck up in-laws!!! LOL

OMG….I am laughing Out Loud for REAL!:D

OMG….I am laughing Out Loud for REAL!:D

Ok, now that you are relaxed, grab a glass of wine or a good beer and read this review, http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1987902

She, like you is a long time cruiser who sailed the Summit and Celebrity for the first time last Feb. She liked it so much she did a repeat with her Mother in April. Here is the link to her second sailing,

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2037736.

When all things are in line, of the 7 lines we have sailed over the last 25 years, Celebrity is our first choice. So much so the our Next cruise will give us enough point to finally reach Elite in the CC.

Edited by wallie5446

Ok, now that you are relaxed, grab a glass of wine or a good beer and read this review, http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1987902

She, like you is a long time cruiser who sailed the Summit and Celebrity for the first time last Feb. She liked it so much she did a repeat with her Mother in April. Here is the link to her second sailing,

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2037736.

When all things are in line, of the 7 lines we have sailed over the last 25 years, Celebrity is our first choice. So much so the our Next cruise will give us enough point to finally reach Elite in the CC.

Based on these reviews and your very FUNNY replies I think May of 2015 I will be saying "Jersey What Exit" - Summit here we come!

Great post! And true. ;)

From limited experience, I think think RCL is my most liked line - grant it, only one cruise. Went on a Celebrity B2B out of NJ to San Juan - loved the NJ & NY crowd, and then Southern Caribbean. Loved the first first week, not so much the next. For the ship itself, I didn't find the Summit anything special. I felt the bar staff was great, the entertainment (did not try the main stage) and food average.

But we did book Celebrity again, as we find the perk packages valuable (Read, we drink plenty) and frankly, every ship has a sun deck while sailing the Caribbean. That is ultimately all I need. We are now 49 and 38 years of age btw - not worried about the age of the passengers, not looking for groupies.

My only hope is that this is helpful.

Kip

I just came back from my 2nd NJ to Bermuda. Didn't make it to Bermuda this time, but that was weather related.

Bottom line, if you want a deck chair by the pool, pick another cruise line. :)

I just came back from my 2nd NJ to Bermuda. Didn't make it to Bermuda this time, but that was weather related.

Bottom line, if you want a deck chair by the pool, pick another cruise line. :)

It's the same on the other Cruise lines. Pool side chair hogs are everywhere. Not just on Celebrity.

Edited by davekathy

We are avid cruisers, sailing on Disney and Royal. We are thinking about sailing on the Summit to Bermuda next May. Our group ages range from 68 to 25 yrs old. Give me your thoughts…..GO :)

Depends...were the Disney and Royal fairly new ships? Summit is an older ship. However, if you can drive to the port...it's a big plus!!!

Edited by 20pluscruises

Thank you! I totally agree, it's so hard to try something new sometimes. I was concerned about the "feel" of the crowd so to speak. We were on the Grandeur

this past May to Bermuda and the passengers were "older" which left of Twenty-somethings a little out in the cold at night. I was also concerned about the conidtion of the ship in general. The Grandeur was in fairly shabby shape IMO even though she was recently refurbed.

I think the twenty somethings are going to be out in the cold again. Celebrity has even less nightlife and less of the fun things that the age group likes....like Quest, the parades on the promenade and some of the other Royal Caribbean staples.....

You'll hate it. I think you'd better just transfer your tickets to me - I'll suffer it for you..... ;)

No, no, no! I told her she would hate it first! I get the tickets!!:D

Well if you two are gunna fight I'll jsut have to take it and settle the argument. Just because 'm trying to keep the peace.:cool:

I"d say stick with Royal.Celebrity does not play to 20 - 30 crowd.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD