The King And Queen Of The Chair Hogs!

Spaniel Lover

The king and queen, indeed!

It reminds me of an outdoor concert event DH and I went to this summer. Everyone brings their lawn chairs to watch a summer concert. We were sitting near the front but somewhat off to the side. When the concert started, several people came over and stood in front of us, blocking our view. I began tacking pictures of their backsides.

One by one, my husband would tap them on the shoulder, offer a big smile, and show them their picture of their hind-quarters. Without fail, each one would look shocked and embarrassed and apologize-- and move out of the way.

Everyone around us was laughing and high-fiving us.

We figured even if they ignored our subtle hints, at least they were fully aware that our 'view' of the concert was their back-sides! lol

Exactly.

Especially since I have gotten older and less tolerant of BS. (30 years as a 9-1-1 dispatcher will do that to you :)) I have no problem calling people out on that stuff. They certainly don't care about anyone else , why should I worry about embaresing them?

But how do you embarrass people who have no shame? Personally I'd have felt stupid sitting there on stacked chairs while other people were standing around, but that's just me. From the little I can see of her, she looks like a miserable shrew. She was probably so pissed at her friends for not showing up. I'll bet if the husband had refused to go along with her little scheme, there would be hell to be paid for him. There are lots of people that need a good swift kick in the ass, and these 2 go to the head of the line.

I don't know why, but some people just think they're "entitled" to act however they want, with no regard for others.

My husband and I just went to a Blue Jays/Yankees baseball game in Toronto over the weekend. I had the misfortune to be seated behind an obnoxious woman who insisted on holding up a big "I love Derek Jeter" sign. To say the least, she blocked my view and the people directly behind me.

I tapped her on the shoulder, and politely informed her that whenever she held up the sign, she was blocking our view, and could she please refrain. She replied, "Well, I paid good money to see this game and I'll do whatever I want." To which I replied, "And I paid good money to SEE this game, which I can't because of your sign, and the people behind me feel the same."

She went off in a huff to an empty seat across the aisle, while everyone around me applauded. She was also the same woman who kept our entire tour bus waiting because she had no regard for the schedule we were trying to keep. To her, apparently a 30-minute stop meant 45 minutes. And, guess who was the last person to board the bus in Toronto for our return trip home? Yep, you guessed it. I will just never figure some people out. I guess there's always one (or 2) in every crowd unfortunately.

As far as the Queen and King chair hogs, I simply have no words...... :rolleyes:

I would have done something like:

Give them my empty glass. If they objected I would say, "Oh I'm sorry, I thought you were deck crew - they are the ones who usually stack the chairs."

Would probably have gone whooosh way over their heads though...

I like this one! I'd never have the nerve to do it, but more power to whoever does.

In the long run, real life will kick them in the teeth sooner or later. You don't expect they got on a cruise ship, and started acting like this, do you? PITA on ships, PITA in real life.

What really irks me is that it looks like there are some older folks standing all around them. I think I might of just walked up this couple and say loudly to them, "excuse me but these nice folks look like they could use your extra chair more than you...do you think you could share?". Let them talk their way out of that without making themselves look like fools (even more so than they already were).

Sorry. Typo. Began TAKING pictures

Oh, but tacking might have been more effective, lol! Good idea, though.

OP, I commend you for your restraint. With my DH shushing me, I would have said something in a loud voice. Then I'd have been disturbed both with them and myself the rest of the evening.

Unbelievable. I doubt these people are on CC or they would likely know how despised Chair Hogs are.

Personally i would have created a wall of people all around them, the only view they would have had would be me & my friends backs. Let them find someone to complain to and then i would have pointed out what they were doing.

A great idea! What a couple of unhappy, selfish people. They will "get theirs" someday.

It's really a sad commentary on how stupid people have become... it's the Stupocalypse!

My DH labels it "reverse evolution." I just wonder how much of that attitude was learned during childhood at home--either directly or indirectly. :confused:

I guess we can all be glad that it was only one (maybe two--the "henpecked, not-so-D" H) out of thousands on that ship.

Un-freakin-believable.

I would have stood directly behind them while saying to my wife "Honey, I don't feel to good...I think I might throw up" followed by some loud retching sounds. I'm sure that would have gotten them out of those chairs in a hurry!!!

I remember a few years ago, on one of our first cruises aboard the Carnival Miracle my wife and I showed up very early at the Mad Hatters lounge to watch the adult comedy show. We were one of the first people there so we grabbed 2 seats near the back and waited patiently for the show to start. For the next 30 minutes we watched people show up and sit down until the room was full. In the 10 minutes that followed, even more people showed up until the lounge was filled right up to the exits.

Right before the show started, an elderly couple walked in. They were approx in their 80's and the lady clearly had difficulty walking. Both my wife and I noticed their disappointment when they realized that the venue was full and they wouldn't be able to sit down.

Without a word or hesitation between us, my wife and I looked at each other, stood up and offered our seats to the couple. They thanked us and told us that we were very nice for doing that. A few people noticed as well and a young man even turned to us and said "Dude, that was awesome of you."

Edited by YankeeFan4Ever

Personally i would have created a wall of people all around them, the only view they would have had would be me & my friends backs. Let them find someone to complain to and then i would have pointed out what they were doing.

I'm with you. I can't believe they had the you know whats to do that. I hate people sometimes ...

That has to be one of the most blatant, rudest thing I've seen in a long time. I know i wouldn't have been able to keep my mouth shut. Maybe point it out to a NCL staff member also.

My husband would give me the "warning look", but I really doubt I'd be able to stand there and not say something .. especially with the older people having to stand!!

Edited by SissasMomE

Un-freakin-believable.

I would have stood directly behind them while saying to my wife "Honey, I don't feel to good...I think I might throw up" followed by some loud retching sounds. I'm sure that would have gotten them out of those chairs in a hurry!!!

Or do what we used to when we were kids...

Dip your fingers in a glass of water (or anything wet) and then pretend to sneeze. The split second after your fake sneeze, fling your wet fingers in their general direction. They'll (hopefully) feel little droplets of water on the back of their neck/head and reel in disgust.

It's also good for repelling the guy/gal who recline their airplane seat into your lap.