Love Boat reruns on TV now

Caribensun

Love Boat reruns are being shown right now until 1pm on TVGN, channel 117 on DISH. Will be showing again Sunday morning.

DVR them as these are not on the DVD series. Wish the rest of the shows in the series would be released on DVD.

Seadeck2

The one I watched the other night had Joan Rivers on it. Sad. :(

Love Boat reruns are being shown right now until 1pm on TVGN, channel 117 on DISH. Will be showing again Sunday morning.

DVR them as these are not on the DVD series. Wish the rest of the shows in the series would be released on DVD.

Seadeck2

You can watch them on U Tube.

I went on tvguide.com and checked the listings. It's on Me-TV, which is a channel available around here on digital cable.

I once checked youtube to see if the episode that was shot during a Med cruise was uploaded (one of the "smiling faces" in the credits worked for our account group back then as a temp in between any gigs. He got a free cruise out of it, but didn't know he was going to be in the credits), but it never was.

This may sound silly but I want to see "The Love Boat: the Next Wave" with Robert Urich.

When it was on TV, it was on a channel that I couldn't get in my area (UPN). I remember seeing a few episodes on my first Princess cruise in 1998 or so.

This may sound silly but I want to see "The Love Boat: the Next Wave" with Robert Urich.

When it was on TV, it was on a channel that I couldn't get in my area (UPN). I remember seeing a few episodes on my first Princess cruise in 1998 or so.

I remember that show, I enjoyed it even though it did not catch on like the original did, seemed like the cast did not bond/interact as well as the original cast did, IMO.

I think portions was filmed on the Sun Princess, of course that ship was almost new at that time.

I remember that show, I enjoyed it even though it did not catch on like the original did, seemed like the cast did not bond/interact as well as the original cast did, IMO.

I think portions was filmed on the Sun Princess, of course that ship was almost new at that time.

I think you are right as I was on the Sea Princess and it looked like the ship on the show (and those ships were sisters).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am a big fan of the original show and have been watching episodes on Me-TV. I also watched the revival show that was on UPN. You are correct that the revival series was set aboard the current Sun Princess when the ship was fairly new. I cruised aboard the Sun Princess back in 1997 (and have a cruise booked aboard this ship for next year in Australia). For approximately a year (1995 - until the Carnival Destiny entered service in 1996), the 77,000 Sun Princess was the largest cruise ship in world. It is incredible how much ships have grown in the past 20 years.

Chuck

Edited by seacruise9

I went on tvguide.com and checked the listings. It's on Me-TV' date=' which is a channel available around here on digital cable.

I once checked youtube to see if the episode that was shot during a Med cruise was uploaded (one of the "smiling faces" in the credits worked for our account group back then as a temp in between any gigs. He got a free cruise out of it, but didn't know he was going to be in the credits), but it never was.[/quote']

Love Boat reruns are Sunday, 1PM central time.

Some of my favorites are on daily: Dragnet, Adam12, Rockford Files, Mash, and Andy Griffith.

I'm an old F*rt, but I know quality when I see it. Any one of those shows is far better than current offerings!!!.

Edited by Stevesan

I've been watching the reruns of Love Boat and they are a lot of fun, but they really illustrate how much cruising has changed. The Captain and crew seem to know everyone personally on the ship, even going to parties in passenger's rooms. The pools are so shallow even the kids would laugh at them. And, everyone seems to like getting dressed up :) Many even show up in suits and nice dresses while they are boarding.

Still, it's a lot of fun watching the shows. They bring back many great memories and anything that reminds me of cruising is A-OK with me.

Tom

I remember watching the original show back from 1977 to 1986 followed by Fantasy Island as a kid on Sat nights. I still watch reruns on TV Land on Sunday afternoon. In still such a fan. It really was an escape to another glamorous & exotic world. I use to like to go to a local travel agency and collect those beautiful cruise brochure. I beg my parents to take me on one of those cruises. Yes, I was old for my young age. LOL My parents thought I was crazy as back then cruises look like for just the rich and beautiful. We were pretty middle class and my dad won't spend the money. Cruising back then were pretty expensive compared to today. Finally, my mom surprised me and she booked us on a RCI ship to the Caribbean out of Miami for my High school graduation. I was so excited. I never forget that cruise. All the gourmet food and tropical ports. Yes, back then it was really gourmet complete with midnight buffets. I've been cruising ever since. 30+ cruises. I'm going on the Golden Princess Oct 5th. I'm just as excited today as when I was a young kid.

Love Boat reruns are Sunday, 1PM central time.

Some of my favorites are on daily: Dragnet, Adam12, Rockford Files, Mash, and Andy Griffith.

I'm an old F*rt, but I know quality when I see it. Any one of those shows is far better than current offerings!!!.

Don't forget Perry Mason. :)

I remember watching the original show back from 1977 to 1986 followed by Fantasy Island as a kid on Sat nights. I still watch reruns on TV Land on Sunday afternoon. In still such a fan. It really was an escape to another glamorous & exotic world. I use to like to go to a local travel agency and collect those beautiful cruise brochure. I beg my parents to take me on one of those cruises. Yes, I was old for my young age. LOL My parents thought I was crazy as back then cruises look like for just the rich and beautiful. We were pretty middle class and my dad won't spend the money. Cruising back then were pretty expensive compared to today. Finally, my mom surprised me and she booked us on a RCI ship to the Caribbean out of Miami for my High school graduation. I was so excited. I never forget that cruise. All the gourmet food and tropical ports. Yes, back then it was really gourmet complete with midnight buffets. I've been cruising ever since. 30+ cruises. I'm going on the Golden Princess Oct 5th. I'm just as excited today as when I was a young kid.

Hi,

We have a lot in common. I was 13 years old when the Love Boat began in 1977 and watched it every Saturday night. I took a seven-day Caribbean cruise with my parents on NCL's Skyward in 1976 and fell in love with cruising. The Love Boat allowed me to relive these memories (and look forward to future cruises) each week. I also collected the cruise brochures (I loved studying the deck plans for every ship). I have purchased all of the seasons of the Love Boat that are available on DVD and watch the show on Sunday afternoons.

I am now 50 years old and have taken over 70 cruises. I can truly say that I have enjoyed every single cruise. Also, Princess is one of my favorite cruise lines. I also still get very excited about each cruise. Enjoy the Golden Princess. I cruised aboard her in September 2013 and really liked the ship.

Chuck

I have been watching Love Boat reruns for the last several months. Right now I have about 60 episodes recorded through my ATT U-verse connection on ME-TV channel 19 out of the Milwaukee market. It's really a blast watching the changes from then to now and all the past guests who appeared on the show. I wish Princess would start showing later episodes on there ships. I think I've seen everyone onboard they show now.