What would you do? Spa balcony or Cove Balcony/Spa pass

legion3

On the Breeze. We are currently booked in a cove balcony and hope to get a weekly spa pass upon boarding. The pass cost is $275 for a couple as I understand it. Who knows if it will be higher at some point next year.

Or for $290 more we can get a Spa Balcony, $15 is not enough of a savings to worry over. And we just get the SPA, no muss no fuss.

But the coves look really cool.

what would you do?

We love the spa balcony for the fantastic view and just booked another one today on the Breeze. I find it hard to choose a lower deck after the higher deck experience. It's also very quiet if you enjoy your peace. I was thinking the cove balconies tend to get salty and they can be closed in rough weather. I haven't booked one for those reasons though I'm not an expert. Good luck!

Another vote for the spa balcony. I love the open balcony as opposed to the closed in feeling I'd get from the cove.

Get a spa balcony on deck 11 though or you will have people looking at you on your balcony from above. At least that's what it was like on Dream.

Spa balcony hands down we cant stand those cove balconies.

Would you mind explaining why you don't like the cove balconies? Have you had one? I have heard overwhelmingly nice things, and I'm curious about your experience!

Thanks! :)

Edited by NOLAbebe

We loved the cove balcony on the Dream. It's so close to the water and since it is under the life boats, I never got sunburned/windburned like I have on regular balconies. The spa pass was easy to use since it was just a quick ride up the elevator. Given a choice, I would go with the cove every time!

On the Breeze. We are currently booked in a cove balcony and hope to get a weekly spa pass upon boarding. The pass cost is $275 for a couple as I understand it. Who knows if it will be higher at some point next year.

Or for $290 more we can get a Spa Balcony, $15 is not enough of a savings to worry over. And we just get the SPA, no muss no fuss.

But the coves look really cool.

what would you do?

Loved, loved, loved my spa balcony on the Breeze 2 years ago. The decor is nice, it's quiet, the view going in to ports is absolutely amazing!

Now, I've never stayed in a cove balcony. I've booked one 4 times and I keep upgrading. So I can't say that I like one better than the other, but I definitely can recommend the spa balcony on it's own merit.

I love the cove balconies. They are only on the Dream, Magic and Breeze so I book them every chance I get.

They are great if you like fish and whale watching as you are close to the water and you don't have the lifeboats and lower decks blocking your view of the water like in the upper balconies.

Also they are very private. In the upper balconies you can be seen by everyone on the Promenade deck.

We enjoy watching the pilots hopping on and off the ship which you can't see from the upper balconies. Also you have 10 sq. feet more floor area on the cove balconies.