Too old for survey

mugtech

I just got a 5 minute survey from NCL in my email, turns out it was a 10 second survey. After I checked 65-74 for age I was finished, so I was told, so don't waste your time. On the other hand, I would be interested to know what they asked you youngins.

I just got a 5 minute survey from NCL in my email, turns out it was a 10 second survey. After I checked 65-74 for age I was finished, so I was told, so don't waste your time. On the other hand, I would be interested to know what they asked you youngins.

That's a weird thing to have happened! :eek:

:confused: Does NCL not want older cruisers? :(

LuLu

Edited by OCruisers

I guess they know you are the ones with the money already! And willing to spend it.

However you are wise enough to know there are choices out there and you certainly can choose other lines as well. Lol

Funny thing though is that my spouse can check that box as well but what they don't know is that we are still in the midst of raising teens and we love to travel with them!!!

Spend money on them also

And book cruises all the time

The cruiselines loss when they don't ask elders opinions. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In order to avoid hurting the feelings of people who don't understand surveys/sampling, just as a marketing thing they should let every person fill out the survey, thank him, and discard his response on the back end.

What about the feelings of people who don't get the survey at all? What should they do to avoid hurting their feelings? :rolleyes:

What about the feelings of people who don't get the survey at all? What should they do to avoid hurting their feelings? :rolleyes:

My feelings are hurt as i never receive the surveys... (just kidding).

I do find it interesting that I don't, but do from RCI, who i haven't cruised in years (since I was 13 I believe).

Another option is indeed to send it to everybody and just sort them into piles when they return. I know how sampling/surveys work. I bet you do too.

I'm just saying that if I was director of marketing at XYZ Cruiseline (or anywhere else) I wouldn't want to give longtime customers the opportunity to think "I've been a loyal customer, but somehow they think my opinion is irrelevant".

Just good marketing, Son.

Just off the Getaway this morning, received a letter in our room stating that if we had given our email address when we checked in then we would receive an email with the post cruise survey. If we had not supplied our email then they provided an address through which to contact with comments etc.

Perhaps those who do not receive the email have not given their email when doing the online check-in.

Rochelle

Another option is indeed to send it to everybody and just sort them into piles when they return. I know how sampling/surveys work. I bet you do too.

I'm just saying that if I was director of marketing at XYZ Cruiseline (or anywhere else) I wouldn't want to give longtime customers the opportunity to think "I've been a loyal customer, but somehow they think my opinion is irrelevant".

Just good marketing, Son.

Your first and second sentences are in direct conflict with each other. :o

The whole point of statistical sampling is to NOT send it to everybody.

Might be (IYHO) good marketing, but it's amateur surveying.

Remember...it isn't about the tree, it's about the forest.

hey, wait...maybe you are too YOUNG for the survey. They might have wanted to ask something of the 75+ customers. Stay positive.

when I took the survey some time ago, I think I was just asked a bit of cruise history (ever been on a cruise before, how many...). I do not think you missed out by not filling in more info.

• 2 weeks later...

Working for an Ad/Marketing Agency I usually was given the boot very early on - didn't matter my age, income or anything.

Don't take it personally, surveys make be looking for only a specific number of respondents or only those with specific age ranges or income or education or, well you get the idea.... It doesn't make sense for any company to capture data if they don't need it just to make the respondent feel better. It's simply the way the marketing world works.

Don't feel bad, we're even older than you! I got the same survey. I won't bother to answer either even though we've gone every single year (sometimes) twice since 2004 and a very faithful to NCL.

I got that survey. It ended up being closer to 10 minutes to take. (I'm in my 30's). Lots of questions about itineraries, price points, and future interest. I had just gotten off the SKY to the Bahamas so I wondered if they targeted me to change up that itinerary a bit....

How rude, and seriously that's just bad manner. I am in my 20's. Don't remember getting anything. But my email is set to filter out everything so it might've got filtered to the junk box.

Anyway there are other lines out there which often offer better satisfaction. ;)

Edited by mdwcruises

I got it also ..same result..after giving my age group....I was done :o

I got the email this afternoon. I had not seen this thread. I was surprised my opinion was not important to NCL because of my age. They certainly don't hesitate to take my money because of my age, but.....in the big scheme of things, this is no big deal. I guess I'm just grumpy today.