Kids Pool on FOS

fiona.anne

The Freedom class and Oasis class RCL ships have an "infant only recreational water facility" as defined by the USPH. This can be only an area where the water sprays up from the deck, and the water is only an inch or less deep. The child must be in a swim diaper, and must be taken for regular changes. The cruise line is required to have a crewmember present at this water facility full time (unlike the rest of the pools), and must provide a supply of swim diapers. These water facilities have UV sterilizers for the water, in addition to normal filtration and chlorination, to account for diaper leakage.

You may have a problem finding that RCL stocks swim diapers to fit a 6 year old, so be prepared to bring enough of your own.

Edited by chengkp75

hi we are cruising on the FOS with 2 kids one who is 6 years old and autistic and is still in nappies, i had read somewhere on CC that there is a pool that the kids can play in that wear nappies is this correct?

To be perfectly frank, I don't think I'd take him to the pool area at all. What he doesn't know is there won't bother him, but if he sees the other kids playing in the pool, he might get upset and have a melt-down. We have an autistic grandson who, even at 15, couldn't be trusted as he still needs to be taken to the bathroom.