Tours Plaza?

bearnuts

On 2/16/2019 at 12:35 PM, Pryorwr said:

Just used them based on the Trip Advisory results. They were unbelievably awesome. We sailed on the Carnival Horizon and wanted a less populated non tourist activity. We took a 5 hour private tour with Con-taro, he spoke Spanish, English and Mayan, we gave him ideals of local food places and he gave us ideas. ( Just FYI, we were originally gonna have Leo but it was changed. Leo only drives a car, we asked for a van because we wanted a lot of room.) It was the best excursion I have ever been on and one of the cheapest. We had a van with only 4 people for 5 hours, price was $400 and that was the tour, each stop admission to places like the ruins, the tips, food, souvenirs for 4 people to see the wild side of the island and experience Cozumel away from the cruise traps. I wont give the names of the places we stopped because I dont want them to ever get to be like Coconuts Bar and rest. We had the most incredible food right on the beach, it was paradise. Our driver was very aware of the time, his clock was set to ship time and he made sure we were back in time. Do your group a favor and just book them.

51803981_243311849890370_313710660477255680_n.jpg

I was looking at Cozumel options and ran across this …

As cruising resumes and ports open up, I look forward to doing this very soon!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

We had a great day with Gerry - we did a private four-hour tour during our day in Cozumel from the Celebrity Reflection.  We chose to go to the east side of the island since we had never been there.  We enjoyed Playa Chen Rio for beach time (gorgeous water!), Coconuts for margaritas and fajitas, and Playa Punta Morena for additional photo ops and beach time.  It was exactly what we wanted to do and we made it back to the port with plenty of time to shop before we needed to board.  Thanks Gerry, Eduardo, and Tours Plaza!

IMG_6574.JPG

Playa Morena.jpg

3 hours ago, Travelbug1996 said:

We had a great day with Gerry - we did a private four-hour tour during our day in Cozumel from the Celebrity Reflection.  We chose to go to the east side of the island since we had never been there.  We enjoyed Playa Chen Rio for beach time (gorgeous water!), Coconuts for margaritas and fajitas, and Playa Punta Morena for additional photo ops and beach time.  It was exactly what we wanted to do and we made it back to the port with plenty of time to shop before we needed to board.  Thanks Gerry, Eduardo, and Tours Plaza!

IMG_6574.JPG

Playa Morena.jpg

+1 for Gerry, Eduardo and ToursPlaza. We have used this company for over 10 years!

Is the seat at Chen Rio, I don’t recognize the sign?

Glad you survived the margaritas at Coconuts!

• 6 months later...

We had to postpone our cruise on the HORIZON due to covid from 2020 to 2021 and then again due to travel restrictions for Europeans to the US from 2021 to 2022.

There was no problem at all to change the dates for this tour (which we had already booked way in advance when booking the cruise initially).
We even got the same original rate for our tour, although the rates had increased since our initial booking.
Also adding another peron to the tour and was no problem.
Very quick answers via email and very nice overall experience with booking the tour.

We had booked an individual tour of ~ 4 hours and made some proposals of what we would like to do and see.

Upon arrival at the port we found our driver, Gerry.
He was waiting for us and got the van quickly.

Unfortunately we had very rainy (and cool) weather this day - it literally rained all day and did not stop for a second 😞

But nevertheless Gerry made the best out of it and recommended the chocolate factory first (it was a dry place at least) after a quick drive through the small city and a visit in a very nice souvenir shop (which we wanted to check out).

We wanted to have a look at Pueblo del Maiz or the Mayan Ruins of San Gervasio. Both was outside in the rain.
We opted for the ruins and Gerry drove all the way out there and explained very well how things would be working with the tickets and a guide.
We also were already greeted by the proposed guide and had a great tour despite the heavy rain.

After the ruins we drove to the "wild" side of the island.
Gerry had a great knowledge and told us a lot of interesting facts about Cozumel and knew answers to all questions we had.
Due to the rain we did not want to stop for photos (I guess we need to be back again with sunny weather...)

Gerry was a very good driver, we felt safe the whole time.
There were water and soft drinks provided in the van together with some chips for snacking.
The van was clean and we felt safe while driving.

Gerry was very friendly, funny and informative.
We enjoyed the tour with him and took back some really interesting informations about Cozumel and the Mayans.

We really hope to be back and make this tour again - maybe with more time and definitely with more sunshine 🙂

You have an individual tour (not like shore excursions offered by the cruise lines), you can go at your own pace and see what YOU want (and as long as you want).

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tours Plaza was a great choice for viewing the island. Though we came into port on a Sunday in January, Gerry still found lots for us to see and do to fill our day. All the couples enjoyed our trip. Book with Tours Plaza. They make the day easy and we felt we got a good taste of beautiful Cozumel. 

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

We also have used Toursplaza.  It is wonderful  we would definitely do it again.  A very decent price and great service,  We had Gerry a very nice person. Our group consisted of three older ladies, he was very patient with us, esp the one that moved rather slow because of mobility issues.  We toured all over the island,  enjoyed esp the “wild” side which I’d never  got to see before although I’ve done Cozumel three times prior.  He was extremely polite and knowledgeable.  

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/10/2015 at 11:51 PM, slix1 said:

We booked with Tours Plaza based on reviews and everything went smoothly. the driver who met us was different from the one in the email but he knew what I had requested so it was a great start. We spent half a day with Gerry and found him friendly and very easy to talk to as he showed us the island. We followed his suggestion for a snack/lunch at Playa Bonita and had great nachos, guacamole, pico de gallo, and beer. I will use them again when in Cozumel.

Love Gerry ….

We have not seen him since Covid .  Glad he is still there and doing well !

• 3 weeks later...

We have booked with tours plaza as well.  Our port day will also be a Sunday.  I am hopeful things will go well.  We want to go to a local grocery store.  Do you think we will need Pesos?

Thanks for any input!

• 2 months later...

We just used Tours Plaza earlier this month.  Gerry was our driver/guide.  He was absolutely THE BEST.  He took such great care of us.  We asked to tour Cozumel and we saw several places we had never seen before.  He was a wealth of information and the most polite person you will ever meet.  We will definitely use them again when we return to Cozumel.

• Like 1

Had a fantastic day with our driver Sergio. We gave him a list of what we wanted to do and he fulfilled every item. He even made suggestions that helped manage the time there. I recommend this company highly! 

• Like 1