Help I need a hotel recommendation please

wdwmickey

I just booked a B2B Caribbean out of Ft. Lauderdale. I need a hotel for one night post cruise. I'll be flying out at 7:30 on a Sunday. Any suggestions? Thanks so much for your help.

I would be happy to make a recommendation, however what are you looking for and what is your budget? There are a number of great hotels located in and around Port Everglades

We tend to favor the Fort Lauderdale Hilton Marina for lodging close to the port.

Is right on 17th Street at the causeway bridge.

Is about a five minute shuttle/taxi ride from the cruise terminals.

Only a 10-15 minute taxi ride to the airport for your outbound flights.

Is a clean, well run establishment – attentive staff and incredible views from the tower rooms!

Has a nice pool area and both indoor/outdoor dining and beverage options.

Great breakfast buffet served in the main restaurant in the morning.

The hotel is also right next to the Water Taxi stop.

The Water Taxi runs up/down the intercostal into downtown FLL or out to stops where you can access the beaches.

Relaxing way to spend the day with shopping, dining or more beach time.

There is another route that runs south down through Hollywood as well.

You would likely be arriving too soon to check-in, but they will check and hold your luggage.

They will also call you once your room is available for you to occupy.

There are also many restaurants within walking distance.

Hope this helps!

I just booked a B2B Caribbean out of Ft. Lauderdale. I need a hotel for one night post cruise. I'll be flying out at 7:30 on a Sunday. Any suggestions? Thanks so much for your help.

We always stay at Homewood Suites in Dania Beach. A 10 minute ride to the port. Suites are nice. Clean,and spacious. Nice fitness center, and pool. A complimentary breakfast is available, and a light complimentary dinner during the week.

I wonder if this will impact Hotel choices??

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2099110

We are already booked in at the Embassy Suites for January but yes, 17th will certainly hold less appeal for us in the future....at the very least it is going impact a cab fare into Port Everglades. However, 17th does have the restaurants, the shops and of course Total Wine.

We stay at the Embassy Suites on 17th. Altho an "older" hotel, they include full breakfast and a Managers Reception in your rate. Depending on the time of year, the pricing can be very good. E/S also has a shuttle to the Port at $8pp. You can sign up as soon as you check in and have it added to your bill. We use the shuttle all the time. :):)

I just called them and was told it will still be $8 pp.

We stay at the Embassy Suites on 17th. Altho an "older" hotel, they include full breakfast and a Managers Reception in your rate. Depending on the time of year, the pricing can be very good. E/S also has a shuttle to the Port at $8pp. You can sign up as soon as you check in and have it added to your bill. We use the shuttle all the time. :):)

We have stayed at the Embassy Suites a number of times , however based on a recommendation on this site we are trying the Holiday Inn Express Convention Centre. Hotel includes Free Breakfast and Wifi and I was able to find a far better rate using Trivago dot com. Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six is worth considering as well. A number of good recommendations have been provided to you. Hope this helps.

So, if it seems like it will be an extra $10 or so for cab fare from the 17th st hotels, does that make using the hotel shuttles a better deal in the end? Or will the shuttle prices likely go up?

I would think so. My reason for liking the hotel shuttles is the drivers are very good with putting in and taking out your luggage at the port. Also there is plenty of room. If there is not enough luggage room in the trunk of a cab, you get to deal with it in the back seat.

Not that the cab drivers are nasty, but the Shuttle Bus drivers are very good and more than courteous. We do tip them just like we would a Cabbie.:)