Morning Coffee

kenmerloo

Umm, be careful how you place your order. If you request 3 coffees from room service you might receive 3 pots. Example: My wife wanted three slices of bacon for breakfast. She ordered 3 bacon's. They delivered 3 orders of bacon to her.:eek:

bob

Umm, be careful how you place your order. If you request 3 coffees from room service you might receive 3 pots. Example: My wife wanted three slices of bacon for breakfast. She ordered 3 bacon's. They delivered 3 orders of bacon to her.:eek:

bob

I'll have to try that next time :D

bob

I remember doing the same with pizza. I thought it was per large slice....but no! I ended up with two medium size pizzas! Good to know about the coffee...thanks!

Is it that syrup coffee?? Also, if I have a coffee card and tell them on my room service order, any chance I can get the real stuff?? Otherwise I will bring that Starbucks VIA which is pretty good for "instant."

Mom C

I remember doing the same with pizza. I thought it was per large slice....but no! I ended up with two medium size pizzas! Good to know about the coffee...thanks!

Can you have too much coffee OR pizza? I think not.

Is it that syrup coffee?? Also, if I have a coffee card and tell them on my room service order, any chance I can get the real stuff?? Otherwise I will bring that Starbucks VIA which is pretty good for "instant."

Mom C

I drink the ship coffee. My wife finds it worthwhile to make the trek to IC in the morning with her coffee card to get her "real" coffee.

That is what I do. Head for the IC.:D:D

The weird thing about the regular ship coffee is the unpredictability of what you will get. I had some very tasty coffee in MDR at lunch on our last cruise. Then I got a refill and that cup was truly bad. (I drank it anyway... :rolleyes:)

I buy a coffee card for my wife and she enjoys her fresh-brewed coffee and her specialty coffee drinks. When we sailed to Hawaii (November 2012) I had one of her specialty coffees. It was the only time I've ever actually had a latte or mocha or whatever it was. Very tasty but not necessary for me. I'm still stuck in the past where I would get a cup of coffee in a restaurant for $0.10 and they gave me infinite refills. :D

The weird thing about the regular ship coffee is the unpredictability of what you will get. I had some very tasty coffee in MDR at lunch on our last cruise. Then I got a refill and that cup was truly bad. (I drank it anyway... :rolleyes:)

That's what I find as well. Quite frankly I think there for to much energy spent bemoaning Princess's syrup coffee. The vast majority of people drink it and don't have the slightest idea that it is syrup based. It is not necessarily my favourite; yes, it is inconsistent in taste but in the morning I generally find it not bad and I am note prone to complain about it. I have had brewed coffee in the IC that has tasted worse than the standard issue.

I have had brewed coffee in the IC that has tasted worse than the standard issue.

I agree! I have had brewed coffee from the IC a few times that was so bad I ended up dumping it out and going to the Horizon Court for "syrup coffee", which tasted MUCH better.

In the military, we would throw the grounds in the boiling pot and then strain through a sock. Princess has acceptable coffee.

signed

onesock

In the mountains I've strained homemade berry wine through a sock but never coffee. :) We used to boil coffee in the same manner when we first hit the mountain but we tended to toss in some cold water at the end to settle the grounds. Ahhhhh.......... tipi life. (The rattlesnakes were always pretty tasty though...)

I don't drink coffee, but DH does. He used to bring VIA packets or go down to the IC for the brewed coffee. That was, until I announced I was bringing a kettle and tea stuff along for our first TA.

I couldn't deal with so many days of morning tea made with barely warm water, which is what I seem to get from room service (and at the buffet). :( I bought a nice little mini kettle with automatic shut off for the trip.

That inspired DH to get a portable french press and bring all of his coffee stuff along, which is fine except for the fact that he expects me to carry all of it in my carry on :mad:.

They say "happy wife, happy live", well it works the other way too :) so I don't complain about it (okay, maybe a little ;)).

bob

Rather than perceiving this as an error on the part of your wife I look at it as sound planning. Bacon is good. Lots of bacon is better.

Question: How does one make bacon better?

Answer: MORE bacon.

I bought a nice little mini kettle with automatic shut off for the trip.

That inspired DH to get a portable french press and bring all of his coffee stuff along,

That is such a good idea. I have a portable french press, a cute little thing I bought years ago in Marks and Spencers while on a vacation. What I don't have is a kettle with an automatic shut off. Must go looking for one of those. I can deal with room service coffee with a little Via tossed in, but I do get tired of the coffee arriving less than hot.

Room service will not deliver the "good" coffee...

Respectfully disagree, after drinking coffee at work for over 40 years, PCL has very respectable coffee and having it deliver to the door at the right time makes it even better. :p

I drink the ship coffee. My wife finds it worthwhile to make the trek to IC in the morning with her coffee card to get her "real" coffee.

We both drink the ships coffee and enjoy it. We have the 1st coffee card we ever bought back in 2012 and it still has punches on it. :o Guess you could say that we are not exactly coffee connoisseurs as we don't even like Starbucks! :eek: Shameful isn't it? :confused:

Definitely not an unusual experience.

Several years ago, when you could still order room service off the Main Dining Room menu (not limited to Suite passengers), and when they still served Maine lobster tail, my wife and I decided to order room service for our lobster dinner and split 6 tails. We knew that an order of lobster tails in the MDR came with 2 tails. When we call to place our order, we wanted to confirm that was still the case, so I asked how many orders I needed to request to get 6 tails. We were told "3," as we expected. But when dinner was delivered, we got 6 orders, 12 tails. It took a while, but we did eat them all! ;)

Last year, we splurged on a Suite on one cruise. One of the benefits is being able to order Afternoon Tea. When we called to place our order, we were asked how many people the order was for. We told them 2. When Tea was delivered, it was enough food to feed a family of 8! We skipped regular dinner that night, and spent all the next day noshing on the sandwiches, cookies and pastries.

I don't drink coffee, but DH does. He used to bring VIA packets or go down to the IC for the brewed coffee. That was, until I announced I was bringing a kettle and tea stuff along for our first TA.

I couldn't deal with so many days of morning tea made with barely warm water, which is what I seem to get from room service (and at the buffet). :( I bought a nice little mini kettle with automatic shut off for the trip.

That inspired DH to get a portable french press and bring all of his coffee stuff along, which is fine except for the fact that he expects me to carry all of it in my carry on :mad:.

They say "happy wife, happy live", well it works the other way too :) so I don't complain about it (okay, maybe a little ;)).

Just curious-Princess allowed the mini tea kettle on board?

I thought electric appliances such as travel irons were not allowed because of the risk of a potential fire.