Guaranteed cabins

MMFM3

We are booked on the Royal for the October 11th voyage was wondering if anyone knows how far out they start to issue cabins??? When we booked only the guaranteed balcony cabins were available. We never booked this way before so not sure if I'm too happy with it.

Any info is greatly appreciated!!!!:)

I was new to cruising when I booked a guaranteed cabin without a room assignment on NCL. Never again! When we arrived at the pier, they put my elderly mother and I right on top of the salsa club. Our room was extremely noisy and we heard the same songs EVERY night until one in the morning. Not cool when we had to get up early for port excursions.

It was our worst cruise and my mother ragged me about it forever! Don't let that happen to you. :-)

Really???? That's good to know. Thank you...

It won't be assigned at the pier but may be a day or so before the cruise, just watch the personalizer/travel summary for a cabin assignment.

You can check right up to sailing day (the travel summ/baggage tags are accessible).

Edited by Colo Cruiser

We are booked on the Royal for the October 11th voyage was wondering if anyone knows how far out they start to issue cabins??? When we booked only the guaranteed balcony cabins were available. We never booked this way before so not sure if I'm too happy with it.

As a general rule, GTY are assigned anywhere from a few days after you book up to pier check in, but Princess likes to have everyone berthed at least a few days before departure. It's sort of like musical chairs where people are upgrading, cancelling & even booking last minute that cabin inventory is consistently changing. You actually might get a really great room. Just be patient and keep checking your Personalizer page. If you have any concerns just call Princess reservations and inquire. FYI - you should never book at GTY unless you will be happy with any room within that cabin grade. Upgrades are possible, but you should never count on them.

Edited by COMBOY

Hi we are also on that cruise. The only time I had a quarantee was last cruise and we didn't know until 3 days before but it was a fabulous upgrade we went from an inside to a balcony at the back of the ship.

Come join us on the roll call

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1844420