Tipping for Kids

skudy

[quote name='british lady']Quick question I always pre pay DCS, but if I get good cabin/bar staff I tip more does this not go to the person but to a pool?[/QUOTE]

Most people here say that passengers who leave the DSC in place and tip cash above that... the recipients of that cash are able to keep it all.

Having only seen 1 or 2 crew ever post here, I'm not sure how people here know this, having never worked as crew. Perhaps they asked crew.

Personally, I don't see how ship's supervision would know the difference or could possibly keep track... but whatever, what do I know?

Based on what I read it seems so many people tip more then the suggested amount that when someone reduces their auto tip a bit it all evens out in the end. The staff seem to be happy enough to be employed for years and years so they apparently don't feel under paid. I have met crew who are on their 10 - 20th contract.

[quote name='hpecorari']And your children are getting a discount (reduced fee) cruising as well.....as the 3rd, 4th, and 5th passengers they are not paying full price like you and your husband are.
[/quote]

Your argument is null since the 3rd, 4th and 5th passengers don't have to be children to get the discount.

[quote name='Love my butler']Your argument is null since the 3rd, 4th and 5th passengers don't have to be children to get the discount.[/QUOTE]

That may be true, however, the 3rd, 4th, and 5th passengers should still be included in the $12.00 a day. My point being.......it does not matter that they are sharing the same room.

Harriet

[quote name='Love my butler']Just head over to the customer service desk and adjust the Discretionary Service Charge from $12/day/person to whatever you like. Then use cash to tip the kids club staff. It's that simple and easy. No need to let others dictate to you how to spend your money.[/QUOTE]

You are too late. She already said she will pay in full. So, no need for you to ahem, dictate either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[quote name='pieshops']Like I have said many times it is not urban leg and in worked for NCL for 2 years and know it to be a fact.[/QUOTE]

I talked to my steward on a past cruise about this. He said he is "SUPPOSED" to put it in the tip pool. But if you hand him cash my guess is that it does not go into the tip pool.

[quote name='pieshops']Yes they are supposed to but not putting in is a fireable offense so since the majority of those who participate in the DSC send most of their money home so their kids can go to a good private school and their family can live a better life most will not risk getting fired.[/QUOTE]

but if you leave the DSC in place, they can keep it, right? I'd hate to think any of our stewards had to turn over anything extra we gave them!

[quote name='SissasMomE']but if you leave the DSC in place, they can keep it, right? I'd hate to think any of our stewards had to turn over anything extra we gave them![/quote]
Correct, they only have to turn over the cash if the guest removed the auto-charge.