How long to drive from Ft Lauderdale to

crazyboutdisney

Ft Meyers or Orlando?? We are trying to make a decision on flights for our cruise leaving from Ft Lauderdale in February. We have a couple different scenarios with Allegiant that include flying out of Ft Meyers or Orlando Sanford but are not sure about travel time and not sure I want to rely on googlemaps time.

We did the Orlando to Ft Lauderdale route last summer. Our cruise debarked on a Sunday and we left Orlando around 8 am. We got to Port Everglades around 11:15 amish. I have a pretty heavy foot as well. We got on the FL Turnpike close to our hotel, which was just off I-4. There are tolls.

Just beware that Allegiant does not have the best on time rating among airlines. They do not have any interline agreements with other airlines and they will nickel and dime you with fees.

We have flown Allegiant many times so we are aware of the fees :) My husband does not like to fly so many times we fly with them because they offer direct flights out of our local airport rather than traveling to Chicago to fly

Ft.Myers is only 2 hours 20 min, no tolls, and very easy in and out of.

Alligator Alley (I-75) is a toll road. The other roads across the Everglades would leave you substantially further away from Port Everglades. Tamiami Trail (US 41) would be a good, more scenic (though quite slower) toll-free route if going from Ft Myers to Port of Miami instead.