shampoo & soaps

xboxwoman

Yes, Celebrity has recently changed their toiletries. They used to have a line of signature lemongrass-scented products, for all cabins. Now, they have gone with two different products:

-- Bulgari for suite passengers (shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, and lotion);

-- Gilchrist and Soames for all other cabins (bar soap, shampoo, conditioner -- and shower gel for Concierge Class and above).

While I loved the Lemongrass products, we tried the new Gilchrist and Soames on our last cruise, and we both liked them almost as well. They come in generous-sized tubes, so you don't have to request refills, as often. Last time we were in a suite, we found that we did not care for the Bulgari products. My DH hates over-scented toiletries, and they left my hair and skin feeling oily. Fortunately, our cabin steward brought us the other products, on request.

When you have to fly to a cruise port, it's really nice not to have to pack things like shampoo and conditioner! :cool:

Some of us with fine hair found the new products drying..where it wan't true for older products. However my hair is processed. Could be a factor.;)

I also have fine, reasonably thick, shoulder length hair. The Lemongrass shampoos and conditioners were great, and I never needed to bring my own products in 10 years of cruising with Celebrity. On my last Celebrity cruise (Solstice, May 2014), the Gilchrist and Soames products did not work for me at all, and I had about an hour of combing out a tangled nightmare after every shower. Not fun. I will have to bring my own hair products on my Silhouette Holy Land cruise in October, which is a PITB as it's extra weight that I could live without. And it sounds like I will have to bring shower gel as well, as I am in an inside cabin this time.

I didn't have quite as many tangling problems with the Bulgari products when we were in a Sky Suite on the Century in February, but I didn't like those products as much as the Lemongrass ones either.

I bring thick elastic bands to hold the button down on the hair dryers that are provided.

Edited by elena7seas

Yes, they provide shampoo and conditioner. All rooms also have bar soap. Some rooms have shower gel.
Yes, they do have shampoo and conditioner, but some have reported that they don't particularly like the new offerings. You might want to bring your own, just in case you might have the same opinion as they did. I would then try the one you get in the cabin and if you like it and book another Celebrity cruise, you wouldn't have to bring your own. Better to be safe than sorry!

I bring thick elastic bands to hold the button down on the hair dryers that are provided.

Masking or duct tape works on the hair dryer, too!

I'm now wondering if I should bring my own shampoo/conditioner on my upcoming cruise.

Was there lotion in regular balcony cabins?

Edited by ecslady

I love the new bath products. Gilchrist and Soames works for me. I did not like the old lemon grass stuff. It made my hair dry. Regardless, I still bring some of my own favorites with me. As I have found out in my travels, products can be changed anytime. I just had a horrible experience in this respect sailing on another line. It was my 3rd time on the ship. The previous 2 cruises, I loved their bath products. Enough that I now purchase them. My recent cruise those products were changed to a product with an ingredient that I am allergic to. Using those products made me cough. Fortunately, I had my own stuff with me. After that experience, I will always bring my own products.

I also have fine, reasonably thick, shoulder length hair. The Lemongrass shampoos and conditioners were great, and I never needed to bring my own products in 10 years of cruising with Celebrity. On my last Celebrity cruise (Solstice, May 2014), the Gilchrist and Soames products did not work for me at all, and I had about an hour of combing out a tangled nightmare after every shower. Not fun. I will have to bring my own hair products on my Silhouette Holy Land cruise in October, which is a PITB as it's extra weight that I could live without. And it sounds like I will have to bring shower gel as well, as I am in an inside cabin this time.

I didn't have quite as many tangling problems with the Bulgari products when we were in a Sky Suite on the Century in February, but I didn't like those products as much as the Lemongrass ones either.

Yeah..I so miss those lemongrass products. I know they are never coming back, unless they switch the spa again. I have many pictures of our last cruise with my hair standing on end. No amount of the conditioner seemed to satisfy the stripped oils.

hi i am thinking about booking a cruise with celebrity cruises but i am unsure if they provide shampoo and conditioner, or if i have to pack my own

thanks in advance!

All cruise line provide. They're just like a hotel. One would not be expected to bring own unless one is picky.

Yeah..I so miss those lemongrass products. I know they are never coming back, unless they switch the spa again. I have many pictures of our last cruise with my hair standing on end. No amount of the conditioner seemed to satisfy the stripped oils.

I am the scariest thing you ever saw, with drying shampoo, and without detangling conditioner.

All cruise line provide. They're just like a hotel. One would not be expected to bring own unless one is picky.

Nope. On our NCL cruise, all they had was shower gel (no bar soap) and shampoo - conditioner combo crap. Luckily, we brought our own, as we always do for my color treated hair.

Nope. On our NCL cruise, all they had was shower gel (no bar soap) and shampoo - conditioner combo crap. Luckily, we brought our own, as we always do for my color treated hair.

Se, you qualify as picky. No cruise lines have bar soap so if that's the case, bring designer, overpriced shampoo, etc.

My DW is picky so I understand.

Thanks for that tip - I just put a couple into my bag! I had a suite in May and when I walked into the bathroom, the overpowering scent of the Bulgari products brought on a full-blown asthma attack. They removed them and substituted whatever I'd had the preceding cruise in aqua class. Much nicer, although I still usually use my own products because of allergy concerns.

Thanks for that tip - I just put a couple into my bag! I had a suite in May and when I walked into the bathroom, the overpowering scent of the Bulgari products brought on a full-blown asthma attack. They removed them and substituted whatever I'd had the preceding cruise in aqua class. Much nicer, although I still usually use my own products because of allergy concerns.

I am with you. Allergy problems on cruise ships can be awful. I just spent 2 weeks on a ship that used flower scented bath products. I coughed the entire time even though I did not use them. The rest of the ship used them. I also coughed on the plane ride home because the plane was filled with cruisers from the ship. Got home. Coughing is gone.

While neither one of us has allergy/asthma problems, we don't care for the over-perfumed Bulgari products, either. On this cruise, we found the Glichrist and Soames products to have a very light pleasant scent -- I would describe it as a mild citrus. :cool: