Farewell

Andy

Hi Everyone,

Effective immediately, I will no longer be your co-moderator of the Oceania forum. Although I have not posted much over the years... I've read thousands of your infomative posts, and learned a great deal about Oceania - thanks to you. I remain very interested in Oceania's future, as we are considering sailing on Oceania in 2015, when Riviera returns to Miami.

A special thank you to my Oceania co-host, Host Tyler. It's been fun, and a pleasure working with you. I'd also like to thank everyone for being so cordial to each other - it definitely made this forum easy to moderate !

As I hope many are aware, it's my passion answering your cruise questions. If I can be of any assistance, please feel free to email me, by clicking on the link below. Hopefully, we'll stay in touch via one of the other forums I moderate here on Cruise Critic, including Celebrity, Azamara, Princess, and MSC.

Thanks again for your kindness and support. Wishing everyone many wonderful cruises ahead, and continued success for Oceania !

Edited by Host Andy

WOW

The End of an Era!

It just won't be the Same without you.

b34199af66f9a49dfd3e75e77c829ef5.jpg

The Very, very Best of Luck, and Thank you for all of your time and Patience!

We were so luck to have you and Tyler for all this time.

Your time, guidance and assistance was invaluable.

Oceania-Riviera.jpg

We know that you'll enjoy the Riviera, because at this point you're one of the foremost living experts on her ins and outs-

But if I may suggest-

pietro-s-on-the-river.jpg-ask them to stick a candle in a baby lamb-chop at breakfast one day, and make a wish on behalf of all your buddies back here on the Oceania Board :p

Host Andy,

I shall miss you. You are a wonderful Moderator! I just got to the Oceania forum from X and Azamara and now you are leaving! :o

I hope you will book an Oceania cruise some day. They have some nice ports....different from either X or AZ. We are very much looking forward to our first Oceania cruise and hope to meet you one day aboard Oceania! :)

Andy,

Thanks for all of your efforts on our behalf.

Glad you are staying with Azamara, the only other cruiseline forum I follow. With all that is happening on that board, someone like you is essential! :)

Thank you CintiPam, and everyone for your very kind comments. It's certainly been an interesting couple of weeks on the Azamara forum. Believe me when I say my efforts are a labor of love. I'm certainly not in this for the money, because there's isn't much... other than a few dollars per month to partially defray internet costs. FWIW, I plan on visiting the Oceania forum from time to time. Hope I will still be welcome !

We'd love to sail on Riviera in early 2015 - My Mom has a huge birthday coming up, and I'm trying my best to get some of our family members to join us. I visited Riviera for an afternoon, earlier this year, and was very impressed with the ship, and the luncheon. If the items served were any indication of their culinary presentation, I'm sure we will be very pleased.

If we sail, perhaps I will do one of my "Live From" threads, that I've offered when sailing on Azamara & Celebrity.

Thanks again for everyone's kindness !

Edited by Host Andy

Thank you CintiPam, and everyone for your very kind comments. It's certainly been an interesting couple of weeks on the Azamara forum. Believe me when I say my efforts are a labor of love. I'm certainly not in this for the money, because there's isn't much... other than a few dollars per month to partially defray internet costs. FWIW, I plan on visiting the Oceania forum from time to time. Hope I will still be welcome !

We'd love to sail on Riviera in early 2015 - My Mom has a huge birthday coming up, and I'm trying my best to get some of our family members to join us. I visited Riviera for an afternoon, earlier this year, and was very impressed with the ship, and the luncheon. If the items served were any indication of their culinary presentation, I'm sure we will be very pleased.

If we sail, perhaps I will do one of my "Live From" threads, that I've offered when sailing on Azamara & Celebrity.

Thanks again for everyone's kindness !

Look at Riviera's Caribbean cruises for this winter. We really enjoyed our first Caribbean cruise last January, Caribbean Hideaways on Riviera and also sailed Riviera Istanbul to Barcelona in May. Lovely stops in the Caribbean and so very easy to plan. It is husband's favorite ship. (I like them all!)

Edited by CintiPam

I've had a great time co-moderating the board with you as well Andy.

I've been with Cruise Critic since the AOL days and it's incredible to see how much CC's boards have changed through the years, but always with the same goal in mind, providing a safe place where we all can discuss our cruise experiences/questions, in a safe atmosphere, where you are not attacked for stating your opinion.

I believe that the members on the Oceania Board embody this and are some of the most knowledgeable and sophisticated cruisers on Cruise Critic. Everyone is to that one single purpose, following the Community guidelines, sharing valuable tips. Maybe I'm prejudice, but I think Oceania members are among the best! I am always amazed at the brand knowledge that as a group, you have.

I was a moderator of the Renaissance board, when they were in existence. We were all devastated when they shut down their operations years ago, but saw that Oceania was launching, with many of the R's fleet and former R employees. today I think they have tried to grow with the ever changing market and generally, keeping up their brand, small ships, port intensive itineraries.

Thanks again Andy. I know we'll be seeing each other around.