Pre-cruise purchases

Luvmyrotti

Via faxed form, I purchased flowers and champagne to be in our suite upon embarkation. Via phone call to the Princess call center, I purchased the vow renewal package. My credit card shows charges for both, but I did not receive e-mail confirmations for either. Is there anywhere on the personalizer where I can confirm that these items will be there for us on our cruise?

Via faxed form, I purchased flowers and champagne to be in our suite upon embarkation. Via phone call to the Princess call center, I purchased the vow renewal package. My credit card shows charges for both, but I did not receive e-mail confirmations for either. Is there anywhere on the personalizer where I can confirm that these items will be there for us on our cruise?

I have recently called Princess to get confirmation of our purchases and was told that it would not be a problem, but standard policy was not to send the confirmation out unless asked for in case it may be a surprise gift and an e-mail may spoil it for the recipient.

You can see all your pre cruise purchases under you Cruise Personalizer. Click on Booking Summary, Then click on Documents: Travel Summary, Boarding Pass, Luggage Tag, etc..

When that pops up go to Travel Documents and under travel summary click on download and print PDF. That will give you a 4 page summary of all your purchases.

You can see all your pre cruise purchases under you Cruise Personalizer. Click on Booking Summary, Then click on Documents: Travel Summary, Boarding Pass, Luggage Tag, etc..

When that pops up go to Travel Documents and under travel summary click on download and print PDF. That will give you a 4 page summary of all your purchases.

I just tried that and it didn't show the beverage/beer pkgs that I have purchased. So maybe it only shows transfers and tours purchased. Not sure if everything shows up under summary.....

This doesn't show things like a coffee card, pre-purchased OBC, etc. You have to call Princess and ask for an email confirmation. I just call and order over the phone and ask for the email at that time. One of the last things I ordered this way they said they would send an email. I waited 2 hours and didn't have an email so I called back and the person said, "Hmm... It looks like nobody sent an email. I'll do it right away." I received the email while still on the phone.

I have done several pre purchases through a Service Rep and in most cases they ask if I would like an email confirmation sent but I try to remember to ask that they email one if they don't ask me first.

The whole pre purchase system seems to be built so others including your travel agent can buy you things for onboard thus they don't automatically spoil the surprise by sending you emails and putting it in your Cruise Personalizer.

Terry

Edited by AE_Collector

My purchases are not showing there (I'd already checked there). I'll call Princess and ask that they send confirmation e-mails so I can take those with me.

The whole pre purchase system seems to be built so others including your travel agent can buy you things for onboard thus they don't automatically spoil the surprise by sending you emails and putting it in your Cruise Personalizer.

OK, not in the Cruise Personalizer, but they could automatically send a confirmation e-mail to the person who sends in the order and pays for it, couldn't they? Or have an option on the form "Please send confirmation by mail/e-mail". I really hate the idea of calling in or sending in my credit card number and receiving nothing in writing to document the transaction, or having to chase after them for it. And whenever I purchase something for someone else, I ruin the surprise myself and tell them to be sure to look for it onboard. Because I'm sure on every cruise there are paid-for surprise gifts that are never delivered or picked up.