Shareholder OBC

attilamom1217

This will be the first time we will be asking for shareholder OBC as we recently bought Carnival stock. We will try to fax the information tomorrow. If faxing doesn't work, then we will have the information in the mail by Tuesday. The cruise is in December.

Will Princess inform us that they have received the request?

If not, how will we know that we will be receiving the OBC?

How long before it shows on our 'MY Princess" and/or cruise personalizer?

Thanks!

Debbi

Here is the Shareholder benefit form in case you don't have a copy and I would not fax it before final payment date even though it states no earlier than 90 days.

It should show up in your cruise personalizer within a couple of days at the most.

Mike:)

Princess_Shareholder_Benefit_Request_Form_2014_2015 (1).pdf

Thanks. I did not see the form online. Based on the instructions on carnivals investor relations website we wore a letter with all required info and printed out the stockbroker statement showing we own the 100 shares. We will see if our fax machine works in the morning. If not we will mail it.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

you have to wait until after final payment with the most recent statement at that time. They require to have it no later than two weeks prior to sailing. If you send it too soon, they usually respond to wait until after final payment.

I always fax and it shows up rather quickly. If it doesn't show up in a week or so I call them and they ask for the time/date that I sent it and find the fax or ask me to re fax while I stay on the line and it is processed right then.

Vickie

Edited by vickie_bernie

you have to wait until after final payment with the most recent statement at that time. They require to have it no earlier than two weeks prior to sailing. If you send it too soon, they usually respond to wait until after final payment.

I always fax and it shows up rather quickly. If it doesn't show up in a week or so I call them and they ask for the time/date that I sent it and find the fax or ask me to re fax while I stay on the line and it is processed right then.

Vickie

That's no LATER than two weeks prior to sailing. The statement should be dated no earlier than 90 days prior to sailing.

My experience is that they will usually post it within the business day of receiving it. However, if you are outside of the 90 day window , they will not act on the request and you will need to resubmit. The last two times I have faxed it on Sunday evening and it was posted by lunch time.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

It is incredibly simple to check on your Shareholder's OBC after faxing it. The Shareholder Benefit form - the one that tells about the OBC - lists both the fax number and the telephone number.

I always fax it to the number on that form and then call the telephone number. The number is 800 872 6779 ext. 30317

If you call the "regular" Princess number you just get a runaround. If you call the number I listed you get the people who actually receive and input the information that you fax. They are incredibly helpful and will tell you immediately if they have received your fax and will then process it right away and email you confirmation.

On our last cruise, I forgot to check the personalizer. We got on board and it wasn't there. I knew my husband had faxed it in about 7 weeks before the cruise.

Fortunately, when he was cleaning out his work backpack to bring on the cruise, he found the fax (including the timestamp page) and decided to bring it just in case. I brought it to Passenger Services and they made a copy. Two days later there was a message that it had been applied. And it was.

Always check.

you have to wait until after final payment with the most recent statement at that time. They require to have it no later than two weeks prior to sailing. If you send it too soon, they usually respond to wait until after final payment.

Vickie

Princess accepts the form at 90 days from the cruise date and final payment is at 75 days.I send mine in at the 90 day mark and it shows up prior to the final payment date.

I always fax it to the number on that form and then call the telephone number. The number is 800 872 6779 ext. 30317

It would seem to me that calling unnecessarily would contribute to the inefficiency of the system by taking people away from their job of processing requests to talk to individuals. I might call if I didn't see the OBC after a week or so, but not before.

Princess accepts the form at 90 days from the cruise date and final payment is at 75 days.I send mine in at the 90 day mark and it shows up prior to the final payment date.

I agree and this information is printed on the form.

No earlier than 90 and no later than 14 days prior.

Mike:)