OBC when Booking on board?

LewesBeach

Someone posted on another thread:

"There is usually an additional OBC for booking on board, not a large one, maybe about $50 pp depending upon the cruise"

I have never heard of this, anyone else? Has it always been the case or is it something new?

Berni

When booking on board, you will effectively be purchasing and using a Future Cruise Credit(FCC). They cost $100 per person and become your $100 deposit for the cruise. OBC comes with the FCC. The amount depends on the type cabin and length of the cruise. I believe $15 for an inside or ocean view cabin on a 4 to 6 day cruise up to $150 for a balcony or suite on a 17 day or longer cruise. Amounts are per person for the first two passengers in a cabin

I am Elite and do understand about the FCCs. What the poster was implying was that you got EXTRA on board credit if you booked your next trip while STILL on board. As opposed to buying the FCCs & booking at a future date. This I have never heard of, and wondered if anyone had experience with this. THX!

Berni

No. I don't believe there is an "extra" OBC for booking while onboard. It's the same as purchasing an FCC which is essentially what they are doing when booking while onboard. They get the same $100 deposit and the same OBC as when purchasing an FCC for use later.

17 + Days $125 Inside, $125 Outside, $150 Balcony, $150 Suite

11 - 16 Days $75 Inside, $75 Outside, $100 Balcony, $100 Suite

7 - 10 Days $25 Inside, $25 Outside, $50 Balcony, $50 Suite

3 - 6 Days $15 Inside, $15 Outside, $25 Balcony, $25 Suite

No. I don't believe there is an "extra" OBC for booking while onboard. It's the same as purchasing an FCC which is essentially what they are doing when booking while onboard. They get the same $100 deposit and the same OBC as when purchasing an FCC for use later.

17 + Days $125 Inside, $125 Outside, $150 Balcony, $150 Suite

11 - 16 Days $75 Inside, $75 Outside, $100 Balcony, $100 Suite

7 - 10 Days $25 Inside, $25 Outside, $50 Balcony, $50 Suite

3 - 6 Days $15 Inside, $15 Outside, $25 Balcony, $25 Suite

I just talked to the OP on the other thread. She was on the Caribbean Princess in August. Her quote:

"We just booked while we were on board in August and did indeed get additional credit, over and above the FCC for booking on board. I would not mention it if it had not been the case for me personally."

News to me, but I'm going to try it next cruise!!

Berni

I just talked to the OP on the other thread. She was on the Caribbean Princess in August. Her quote:

"We just booked while we were on board in August and did indeed get additional credit, over and above the FCC for booking on board. I would not mention it if it had not been the case for me personally."

News to me, but I'm going to try it next cruise!!

Berni

Berni,

We did receive it, and have gotten additional credit other times when we have booked on board, but I do believe it depends upon the particular booking. There have been times when we booked on board and did not receive it, but on our more recent "booking on board" experiences we have received additional credit.

If you know what you want to book, might as well go ahead and give it a try. Since you are booking using an FCC, you can cancel any time before final payment, transfer to a TA, etc., no harm no foul.

Ginger

In fact, two are showing - onboard credit promotion and onboard sales promotion. One is basically the FCC, the other is additional...just went in to our bookings to look at the terminology and amounts. Now I have to send our request for shareholder credit - military credit is automatically applied, which is so nice. Remember when you had to request that for each cruise separately?

I do have a feeling that onboard booking credit doesn't always happen - I think it does depend upon the cruise(s) you choose.....

We did receive it, and have gotten additional credit other times when we have booked on board, but I do believe it depends upon the particular booking. There have been times when we booked on board and did not receive it, but on our more recent "booking on board" experiences we have received additional credit.

Do you ask them for the additional OBC, or is it automatically part of the booking they create onboard? I just wonder if this is a discreet promotion that Princess sometimes includes for onboard sales, or if it's something that the cruise consultant can add to your booking at his/her discretion.

I'm thinking it's not credit for booking on board but Princess is offering additional credit for booking certain cruises. If you go to the Princess website you will see promotions that offer additional OBC. You would get the same if you booked on line.

I'm thinking it's not credit for booking on board but Princess is offering additional credit for booking certain cruises. If you go to the Princess website you will see promotions that offer additional OBC. You would get the same if you booked on line.

I just rebooked my Japan cruise onboard and got an addition $150 OBC pp, but that was because it was now part of the "3 for Free" sale. Like you said, I would have gotten exactly the same thing booking online. If Princess were offering that kind of perk solely to encourage booking while cruising, do we think they'd keep it a deep dark secret?

As opposed to buying the FCCs & booking at a future date No difference in OBC. We have booked both ways, sometimes a particular cabin, others a Guarantee. OBC goes by cabin type & length of cruise.

Steve

Edited by skf