Anyone been to Paradise beach in Cozumel,

Yazoo cruiser

We spent the day at Paradise Beach last week, the weather wasn't the best but we still had a GREAT time. Drinks and food were very good(try the fish tacos)the staff very attentive. Love the pool area. All public areas very clean. We will be visiting again.

we were trying to decide between here and a few other places. I read this following quote on Trip Advisor and was a little concerned, I don't want to waste time there if this is true?

The $3 entrance fee was a pleasant surprise until we got down to the beach and found what can best be described as a swamp. Although the pool was great, the beach water was dirty, muddy and rocky. Hidden under the surface was sharp rocks making it near impossible to access the water. After several attempts we finally found a safe path and went in far enough to reach non-muddy water.

I don't know if it's just someone being overly dramatic. :D

we were trying to decide between here and a few other places. I read this following quote on Trip Advisor and was a little concerned, I don't want to waste time there if this is true?

The $3 entrance fee was a pleasant surprise until we got down to the beach and found what can best be described as a swamp. Although the pool was great, the beach water was dirty, muddy and rocky. Hidden under the surface was sharp rocks making it near impossible to access the water. After several attempts we finally found a safe path and went in far enough to reach non-muddy water.

I don't know if it's just someone being overly dramatic. :D

All of the beach clubs are lined up along the same side of the island, so if there is a water quality issue at one it will also affect the others. There are a few rocky areas along the beach bet we've never had an issue finding our way safely in/out of the water or going for a short stroll.

All of the beach clubs are lined up along the same side of the island, so if there is a water quality issue at one it will also affect the others. There are a few rocky areas along the beach bet we've never had an issue finding our way safely in/out of the water or going for a short stroll.

Thanks! I just want to make sure that it's not like the beach at Coco Cay. The last time we had a stop there we walked over to the further beach that's past the buffet and the sand in the water felt like quick sand. Idk, it was just gross feeling...;)

Thanks! I just want to make sure that it's not like the beach at Coco Cay. The last time we had a stop there we walked over to the further beach that's past the buffet and the sand in the water felt like quick sand. Idk, it was just gross feeling...;)

At PB you have many people stirring up the water in a small opening. There are a LOT of rocks with just a small area to enter and exit the roped-off swimming area over by the snorkeling/kayak/paddle board area and in the middle of the beach area that leads to the inflatables. The inflatables are far out IMHO and it is deep; young children, or any age child for that matter, must have close supervision and/or wear a life jacket. There are NO life guards out there or at the pool.

You cannot enter the water anywhere along the beach it is very dangerous...have seen people getting cut up there both times we were there. The water is often clearer out ten yards.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Having gone swimming in many muddy lakes, I find that description of Paradise Beach kind of funny. :D The water is beautiful just a short way out and I would never have described it as muddy or swampy. There are rocks as you go into the water and it's not the kind of beach where you can just wade in a sandy shallow area, but we managed to cross the rocks without wearing our water shoes and there are lifejackets available for kids and adults. Even my then-four-year-old enjoyed some of the inflatables with assistance, and my eight-year-old had the time of her life.

Some of these comments are pretty funny. Y'all make it sound like it is the cliffs of dover.

Here are some pics from 2012. I will comment again in 10 days when I return from the Allure, which will stop in Coz and I will again be at this beach.

http://tinypic.com/m/fns09x/3

http://tinypic.com/m/fns08p/3

It's important to keep in mind that any kind of open wound one develops from rocks in oceans can be very infectious. The sickest I have ever been is when I had a stingray sting infection that developed into a pneumonia. When we were in Hawaii (beautiful Hawaii) there were warnings in the travel books about the risk of infections if you get cut on coral. Unfortunately, our oceans and lakes are dirty places and you do need to be very careful when climbing around rocks and swimming among corals.

• 2 weeks later...
How is the snorkeling there? Also can you rent the snorkel equipment separately or is it only available through the fun pass?

The snorkeling is WAAY better at Chankanaab right along the coast in both directions away from where you enter the water- there is no reef directly out where you swim, but there is a swimming platform and some statues and there are some fish, but most are right along the edge.

PB snorkeling is pretty poor. We saw a lobster under the little dolphin statue, and a barracuda out by the dock, a couple fish. The coral there is small to non-existent; we swam the length of the dock in-between the kayaks and paddle boarders and the inflatables. The beach with the tall trees and the pool are a huge plus over the marine park, which only has smaller trees and no pool. I like both, but for snorkeling alone, Chankanaab is the best I have seen in Cozumel. Both places rent it separately or in a package. For a real treat, go out on a boat and do a float snorkel trip over Palancar reef, now that is an amazing sight, massive corals you view from above, unless you SCUBA!

How is the snorkeling there? Also can you rent the snorkel equipment separately or is it only available through the fun pass?

Snorkeling at any beach with sand and waves will be poor - they combine to cloud the water and there are no rocks/reefs for the little fish to thrive in. For inexpensive snorkeling from the shore, with rental gear available as well as guides if needed, head to the Money Bar. No beach (you enter the water via steps), great snorkeling, plus good food/drinks/service/facilities. Only about a $10 cab ride from the piers.

You could snorkel for an hour or 2 and then head to PB for the rest of the day if you want to enjoy the beach, pool, etc.

Chankanaab has great snorkeling and a separate beach area - but costs about $20 each for admission. :(

Paradise beach are there a lot of umbrella's ? I can not sit in the sun for hours so need shade. also what about lockers ? to lock up valuables while I swim? Thanks

If you want shade as you enter the pool area stay to the left. Beyond the pool as you approach the beach there are row of chairs under shady palm trees.:) Lockers are 4.00 for the day.

Pictures - http://www.paradise-beach-cozumel.com/

Edited by caribsun