Jeff's new 220 day world cruise 2014-2015

Rowsby

For those who like to follow....Jeff will be leaving Seattle on Sunday, September 21 for his next great adventure....a 220 day (7 month) cruise....he really knows how to live....!!!

This is a great blog....and he takes the most amazing photos....

Check May 12, 2014 for his complete cruise itinerary ....

http://amazingvoyages2.blogspot.com/2014_05_01_archive.html

This is the most recent.....posted on September 15th....

http://amazingvoyages2.blogspot.com/2014_09_01_archive.html

Enjoy.....:)

They have a lot of fun....

The world cruise portion has several themed formal nights....so they pack loads of luggage....it seems a lot of them are sent ahead tho.....good thing....the airline fees would be more than the cruise.....:)

Jeff has sailed on HAL ships for 150+ days a year for many years in a row now.

His blogs are a first-thing-in-the-morning read for me when he's onboard. I just hope his internet service is MUCH better than it was during his last time onboard. He almost quit HAL because it sucked so much.

Edited by sppunk

Thanks for posting the website. I have followed his travels for some time but accidentally deleted his website address and was going to ask about it. Thanks

In 2013 I was on the same 75 day cruise as he was. I even enjoyed reading his travelog when I got home. First - great memories, second -he saw and did many different things in ports.

Thank you for the link - I always enjoy following Jeff's travels. What a fabulous itinerary; he'll be on the Amsterdam with Copper 10-8 as one of the Security Officers. I, too, hope the internet is better this trip than last - he was pretty frustrated with it.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Have to smile when I read of Jeff's quest to get intervention from the "TOP" to the ever present Internet problem on ALL ships at sea..Good luck with that one, its just part and parcel of it all I'm afraid...No one Cruise Line is any better than the next, they all have issues,it's just how it is .! As a frustrated Blogger, I know you just have to go with the flow, and take your chances, along with everyone else...post when and where you can, but at sea often a mission.. Some issues relate to the curvature of the earth ,like in Polar regions on our recent cruise, being in touch with the world every minute of your life, is not possible sometimes...

The upmarket Gentleman I watched flailing his lap top in disgust in the library, and swearing very unbecomingly, had to realise he was just like everyone else...Unable to Connect...!!

Let's see what unfolds here, the publicity will win many new passengers if there is success in making better connections. Will be watching with great interest..

I'm just curious about these long cruises. Do people investigate all the ports of call and excursions ahead of time (so many!) or is it all done at the last minute?

Having been fortunate to have been able to do some long cruises, the port research is done as much as one wishes to do before the cruise. Always, I check to see what Shore Excursions are offered by the ship. And, then, I start to do my own "exploring" of other options. Sometimes, once aboard, there will be additional opportunities that were not known prior to sailing.

Planning is half the fun, at least for me.

For those who like to follow....Jeff will be leaving Seattle on Sunday, September 21 for his next great adventure....a 220 day (7 month) cruise....he really knows how to live....!!!

This is a great blog....and he takes the most amazing photos....

Check May 12, 2014 for his complete cruise itinerary ....

http://amazingvoyages2.blogspot.com/2014_05_01_archive.html

This is the most recent.....posted on September 15th....

http://amazingvoyages2.blogspot.com/2014_09_01_archive.html

Enjoy.....:)

Wow! That will be quite an adventure.

We will also be following, but it would be way too long for us to be away from family and friends. Also I have noticed on the WC blogs, they tear around, stop at such exotic places...but only for a few hours?????? I would like to explore the distant places for longer times. Seems it is more about being 'on board' than seeing the sights.

dm