Check your Dining

crisp1

2 upcoming cruises- one in November another in '16. Both were booked with My Time and gratuities added. Somehow:rolleyes: both were changed to 6pm- not by me. Fortunately I caught it and was able to change it back

Just wondering, are you booked with a travel agent?

Yes, and I am positive that the agent did not make the changes:rolleyes:

That's disappointing. I few weeks back I had thought that having a booking owned by a travel agent was a bit of protection against some of the IT glitches we've been seeing. I see that theory is out the window now.

That's disappointing. I few weeks back I had thought that having a booking owned by a travel agent was a bit of protection against some of the IT glitches we've been seeing. I see that theory is out the window now.

I was wondering the same thing, Bob. I thought that bookings through CruisingPower might not be affected, but I guess once it gets into RCCL's system, their little bugs can just eat away at it!!

While I've always received excellent customer service from RCI, I don't think any method of booking is immune. Last year while booking Allure, I phoned in a deposit which was never applied to my cruise. This year I tried making a payment on my 2015 Independence on-line and my booking when up equal to the price of my discounts. Both issues were fixed to my satisfaction but it does little for my confidence in RCI's booking process. Thankfully their on-board experience far exceeds the process of getting there.

There seems to be a lot of mention about recent RCL glitches. Everyone should keep up with their paperwork closely.

Good luck.. QTPie v:cool:

Yes, its been our experience that rci sends out an email confirm after each transaction, so print out and save/carry with you

There was another post on here a week or 2 ago from someone who used a TA and was having re-pricing problems

NO ONE IS SAFE:eek::cool:

Edited by molly361

There seems to be a lot of mention about recent RCL glitches. Everyone should keep up with their paperwork closely.

Good luck.. QTPie v:cool:

I do this for EVERYTHING I purchase through RC online. Last cruise I was missing the juice bottles I purchased to be delivered to my cabin Day 1. It was almost too easy to present the printout and show it to the Steward. The issue was rectified immediately.

The last thing I need is stress on vacation. :) At the end of my cruise I toss all my papers in the trash to make room/save weight for my souvenirs. :D

2 upcoming cruises- one in November another in '16. Both were booked with My Time and gratuities added. Somehow:rolleyes: both were changed to 6pm- not by me. Fortunately I caught it and was able to change it back

Hi,

I followed your advice and checked my upcoming December cruise. I requested early dining, but was placed on late dining and was waitlisted. Tonight when I looked, waitlist was removed. I'll call TA on Monday to have waitlist added again or just switch to MTD.

Thanks,

Mary

We are booked with a t/a. I tried to pre-order a wine package for our upcoming 15 day cruise. Decided to order 10 bottles for $265. Put the package int cart then it became $345. I understood the gratuity needed to be added but the math didn't work. Called rci and got some excise about pricing being different on tier one and tier two ships that made no sense. So I continued to question and asked if she was telling me that the pricing was different for the same wine package depending on what category ship you were on. She then abandoned that theory as I was advising her that the difference between the prices was exactly double the gratuity. She then agreed and asked me to email customer service which I did, still waiting for a response which will probably take at least 10 days. It appears they have a new crew of inexperienced and untrained customer service reps. Another glitch that will affect revenue.

Edited by britty1