Booked with TA, room change possible?

Dorie7

Hello,

A friend of mine has a cruise booked for next Aug to Alaska. She booked with a TA under a WOW sale.

if you book a cruise with a TA, are you able to change your room assignment yourself online (in the same category) or do you have to get the TA to do it for you?

My friend contacted the TA and she wants $200 to change the room number?!!??! Both rooms are a D2! There is no work to doing this. I don't see the problem.

TIA!

Hello,

A friend of mine has a cruise booked for next Aug to Alaska. She booked with a TA under a WOW sale.

if you book a cruise with a TA, are you able to change your room assignment yourself online (in the same category) or do you have to get the TA to do it for you?

My friend contacted the TA and she wants $200 to change the room number?!!??! Both rooms are a D2! There is no work to doing this. I don't see the problem.

TIA!

Unfortunately, only the TA can change the room.

As I've said previously on similar threads, ask before booking if the TA you are planning to use charges any fees not charged by the cruise line for originating, modifying, or cancelling a cruise, and if they do, I would move on and find one who doesn't. Some do but many don't. Maybe too late for your friend's cruise, but something to learn from with the next time.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Guest maddycat
Hello,

TIA!

I think that any charge for changing a cabin is too much. $200 is outrageous. Is this TA an independent or employed by an agency? If they are an employee, I'd ask to speak to their supervisor or the owner of the agency.

Next time either book directly with the cruise line or make sure that you ask in advance if there are any fees for changes to your booking.

Thank you, everyone!

That seems ridiculous to me! I book online myself because I am always changing things and like to have control over my own booking. No OBC is worth the hassle of a third party being involved IMO. However, different strokes and all...

I just found it hard to believe that moving from one room to another in the same category would be a problem. It certainly wouldn't be worth $200.

Unbelievable!

Thanks again. you all know the answers to everything! LOVE CC!

I think that any charge for changing a cabin is too much. $200 is outrageous. Is this TA an independent or employed by an agency? If they are an employee, I'd ask to speak to their supervisor or the owner of the agency.

Next time either book directly with the cruise line or make sure that you ask in advance if there are any fees for changes to your booking.

AGREED!

This TA is independent and a friend of the family!!!! That makes it awkward!

No, I wouldn't advise my friend to use this TA again. Seems like she is taking advantage to me.:eek:

Thank you, everyone!

That seems ridiculous to me! I book online myself because I am always changing things and like to have control over my own booking. No OBC is worth the hassle of a third party being involved IMO. However, different strokes and all...

I just found it hard to believe that moving from one room to another in the same category would be a problem. It certainly wouldn't be worth $200.

Unbelievable!

Thanks again. you all know the answers to everything! LOVE CC!

Interesting, because on my next cruise, my TA is getting me $1000 OBC. It may be a hassle to go through them, but I don't have a money tree in my backyard, so I'm willing to endure the "hassle." But, like you said, different strokes for different folks.

Interesting, because on my next cruise, my TA is getting me $1000 OBC. It may be a hassle to go through them, but I don't have a money tree in my backyard, so I'm willing to endure the "hassle." But, like you said, different strokes for different folks.

I do find it interesting that people find the 3rd party 'a hassle'. That tells me something about the 3rd party.

A *good* travel advisor may be hard to find, but once you do, they are priceless... like the one you found.

We are not allowed to mention specific travel agencies on this website. Please read the Community Guidelines found below. Special attention should be paid to the section titled "Travel Agent Recommendations" Thanks for your future cooperation.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/faq.php?faq=guidelines