Sea Card or Wrist Band

cruiseonly

Even if the wristband is free is not for me. I don't mind having my card in my pockets. The only inconvenience is having my card while I am in the whirlpool because it tends to float inside my pocket but that's about it for me. I even do ice skating, rock climbing , and flow rider the same day so I can remove the wristbandbt hey give you as a waiver.

While I was typing I got an idea, if royal caribbean wants more people to wear it just tell them that the color of the wristband will be according to his/her crown and level.

Some people onboard are looking for an opportunity to show his level even if they are gold lol

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

You will be able to board the ship with your set sail pass.

I've been complaining to my husband about the hassles of Dynamic Dining reservations and they have fallen on deaf ears as I do all the planning and booking. However, this may just push him over the edge when he learns he won't get the first " ding" when he boards the ship. :)

He says it's his favorite sound in the world.

Edited by celebrity

I have never lost or left behind a card because I get a hole punched in it and I wear it on a lanyard around my neck. A card fits and looks better in my scrapbook for the cruise. I'm sticking with the card.

We've been using lanyards for about 24 years. My husband started using them on our first cruise with our sons, and had to make the hole himself. The Security staff LOVED them! I'm not saying he was the first, but he definitely was on the West Coast sailings.

I now have blingy lanyards, and even have a black sparkly one that I wear in the evenings. It looks like it's part of my clothing.

I, too, hate wearing anything on my wrists, so I'll stick with the lanyards and cards, too.

I've been complaining to my husband about the hassles of Dynamic Dining reservations and they have fallen on deaf ears as I do all the planning and booking. However, this may just push him over the edge when he learns he won't get the first " ding" when he boards the ship. :)

He says it's his favorite sound in the world.

There may still be a ding! We don't know yet. The set sail pass has a bar code and your picture is already uploaded into the system. Fingers crossed!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How will they know if I want the sea pass card, or the wrist band.

If it is going to be on our stateroom door, they have to know which one.

But maybe you can have both, and then just pay the $2.00 if you use the wrist band.

Probably the sea pass card will not have our names on it. On other ships if you made a purchase you had to print your name on the receipt.

So if someone does steal your card from the stateroom door, they will not know what name to use unless or course there is also a welcome letter there with our names on it.

Time will tell.

How will they know if I want the sea pass card, or the wrist band.

If it is going to be on our stateroom door, they have to know which one.

But maybe you can have both, and then just pay the $2.00 if you use the wrist band.

Probably the sea pass card will not have our names on it. On other ships if you made a purchase you had to print your name on the receipt.

So if someone does steal your card from the stateroom door, they will not know what name to use unless or course there is also a welcome letter there with our names on it.

Time will tell.

Why would the person stealing it need to know your name?

You shouldn't need the physical plastic to board the ship. A bar code on your set sail doc should serve the same purpose. There is already a bar code on your SeaPass.

Having your SeaPass in your stateroom might cause some problems with last minute upgrades or cabin changes. We got an upgrade on an Explorer cruise and all of the in-room docs were from the 'original occupant'. I don't really see a problem with SeaPasses on the door. Criminals are stupid, but to get yourself kicked off a cruise on sail away to get yourself a free drink is over the top. I'm not concerned.

It should be interesting to see bar service carrying around readers for the bracelets. :)

It really will be interesting to see if they enforce boarding times. If they kick me out of my hotel room at 11 am and I can't board until 2 pm because my cabin is not ready...

Seems odd to have a wrist bracelet, but still need the card.

If you only have the bracelet, does that activate the cabin door? If not, it would seem I am now carrying 2 items....less simple

Would not the cards on cabin doors be activated? If not, how would you activate them to A) get into cabin, B) for other uses. Seems counter to simple

I like idea of wrist band if I can totally replace card as an option. I too punch current card and put on lanyard and for me loop on my pants and keep in front pocket OR loop through a "D" ring I have had sewn into one of my cargo pockets of my shorts/swim suit. Thus, my card is always on a tether till I want to purchase something. I go through security at times still attached to lanyard.

I hope it works! :)

Edited by shipshape sam

Has anyone actually been able to order a band for their upcoming cruise yet?

I went through the whole check in process and never saw an option. I don't want to get into a big argument but I live near Disney and we go at least once a week and LOVE the bands.

Has anyone actually been able to order a band for their upcoming cruise yet?

I went through the whole check in process and never saw an option. I don't want to get into a big argument but I live near Disney and we go at least once a week and LOVE the bands.

They are in the cabins and you activate them (automatically charging the $2 to your account) once on board. I don't know anything about Royal's process, but knowing technology I know they could make the process as simple as taking the band to your cabin door, taping your card, taping the band, and then taping the card again within a few seconds of each other to designated that you want them linked.

I did not see any place during check in to select and pay for the wow band, does anyone know how to get one. I also want one as I loved the Disney one and thing there are times when it will come in handy.

Thanks.

Mary

They would need to know your name in case you have to print it on the receipt like we did on other cruise ships.

Unless they do things differently on the Quantum, your name is printed on the card. I just checked my Royal sea pass cards had my name on it.