How Splendid is SPLENDOR ? *** LIVE Report *** in Pictures and Ship Review 09/20/14

cruisetrail

We are taking this cruise in a couple weeks and I was wondering if any of the stops have "tenders" or if we just dock at all the Ports. St Croix, Martinique, Dominica, Turks and Caicos?? We have not been able to find any excursions in Martinique either, Debating whether to just stay on the ship that day and walk to a nice beach... :)

We are taking this cruise in a couple weeks and I was wondering if any of the stops have "tenders" or if we just dock at all the Ports. St Croix, Martinique, Dominica, Turks and Caicos?? We have not been able to find any excursions in Martinique either, Debating whether to just stay on the ship that day and walk to a nice beach... :)

Have you checked out our roll call for this cruise? Lots of activities going on. I believe we dock at all ports. There are some excursions by carnival at Martinique. Can't wait for that cruise!!

Fantastic!! Thank you so much. I will be sailing her in January and again in October'15. Your pictures are out of this world and I hope you don't mind but I may try and recreate some of those shots!!! They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery! :D Can you tell me what camera you were using and were you doing the videos with the same camera?

Wow! I'm so impressed by your photos. Quite unique. I found myself staring at many of your pictures. Such beautiful captures.

Interestingly, I am almost turned off by your pictures of food, as they appear so detailed/close/intimate that the texture of the food seems gelatinous and shiny.

I have never been so affected by someone's cruise pictures. (Lol) Just had to share my opinion. Thanks for posting. Hope to see more from you:)

Fantastic!! Thank you so much. I will be sailing her in January and again in October'15. Your pictures are out of this world and I hope you don't mind but I may try and recreate some of those shots!!! They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery! :D Can you tell me what camera you were using and were you doing the videos with the same camera?

Thank you.

My camera is a simple Panasonic DMC ZS20.

I do quick touch up to check darker tones, etc.

Video is a combination of both photo and video cameras - whatever happens to be closer.

Enjoy your cruises!

Wow! I'm so impressed by your photos. Quite unique. I found myself staring at many of your pictures. Such beautiful captures.

Interestingly, I am almost turned off by your pictures of food, as they appear so detailed/close/intimate that the texture of the food seems gelatinous and shiny.

I have never been so affected by someone's cruise pictures. (Lol) Just had to share my opinion. Thanks for posting. Hope to see more from you

Thank you Momma1980.

Edited by cruisetrail

Thanks for the review and pictures! I'm glad to see the old menus are still in place and I can enjoy my favorite Carnival dishes on my next cruise. 26 days until I sail the Splendor! :D

Oh yaaay - does that mean we can expect to see one of your reviews!! I will so look forward to that!! Would you be able to find out for me what the cost is to use the Thalassotheraphy pool and Thermal Suite will be for the week or for a day? I would really appreciate that!!

• 2 weeks later...

I just got off the ship 2 weeks. I loved the ship and ports. I spent lots times at T pool and thermal suite. Week spa pass cost $99 for 7 nights. It will allow you to use Thelossp pool, aromatic steam room, oriental steam room.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
Sailing from Boston is a spectacular performance as well!

Blue waters of the bay and Logan International Airport built on an island -something to admire.

4_zps0b1c8232.jpg

2_zpsbde7803b.jpg

3_zpsf09bb58d.jpg

1_zps0ad07285.jpg

On the first picture where you have a birds eye view. How do you get there?