How Splendid is SPLENDOR ? *** LIVE Report *** in Pictures and Ship Review 09/20/14

cruisetrail

Serenity on Splendor is the one "downside" to the ship, IMO. It is really just a bunch of padded lounge chairs. No hammocks or clam shells or hot tubs and it is directly below mini golf.:(

OP, we have been on Splendor 3x and she is a wonderful ship with a great crew. Thanks for taking me along and have a GREAT CRUISE!

Well, boo! I was hoping it would be like on Glory. I did the 1-time Glory to Bermuda after they added the Serenity Deck but prior to 2.0 upgrades ((we only had 1-1/2 days in Bermuda which is why I had to book when I saw the Splendor sailing); BTW, balcony cabins and suites have been sold out for weeks; well over a year out). I would be up early, have breakfast, and take a cup of tea and my book out to the forward area and sit in the first big, round lounger. Oh well. We only have two sea days on this repo cruise and on the Bermuda sailing, I may spring for a spa pass.

Hoping OP has some comments/pics of the spa, too! :D

Love the food pics, although I'm all too familiar with the menu and the offerings. I'm going to miss my first-night tilapia since we have steakhouse reservations that night. Oh well. I'll just have to wait another month until I'm on Freedom, right? :p

Well, boo! I was hoping it would be like on Glory. I did the 1-time Glory to Bermuda after they added the Serenity Deck but prior to 2.0 upgrades ((we only had 1-1/2 days in Bermuda which is why I had to book when I saw the Splendor sailing); BTW, balcony cabins and suites have been sold out for weeks; well over a year out). I would be up early, have breakfast, and take a cup of tea and my book out to the forward area and sit in the first big, round lounger. Oh well. We only have two sea days on this repo cruise and on the Bermuda sailing, I may spring for a spa pass.

Hoping OP has some comments/pics of the spa, too! :D

Love the food pics, although I'm all too familiar with the menu and the offerings. I'm going to miss my first-night tilapia since we have steakhouse reservations that night. Oh well. I'll just have to wait another month until I'm on Freedom, right? :p

We usually like to "be where the action is" when we cruise, but we discovered Serenity on Miracle. It was added between the 3rd and 4th time we sailed on her. On our stop in Nassau we stayed on the ship and took advantage of Serenity and we were spoiled forever!:cool: Was not happy to see Splendor's Serenity area. The aft pool on Splendor is adult only but it is not a "quiet area" at all. The deli is back there, Tandoor and a very lively bar, but it is a fun hang out without little ones running around! Sounds like a great cruise for you. LOVE Bermuda! OP, sorry to highjack and wishing you a good day today! :)

Day 3

Port Day (Boston)

It's a nice day today in Boston.

Sunny and warm.

We have some things to do here that will take time.

The ship is full of sun and optimism today as well.

The pool is like a mirror:

18_zpsdcb54321.jpg

20_zps24cffc2e.jpg

Carnival Splendor in Boston

16_zpse9a8c917.jpg

Somewhere on the Carnival Splendor..

15_zps04d5129a.jpg

17_zps70d55f76.jpg

19_zpsf227606d.jpg

Fellow cruisers (average 60+ on this sailing!) seem a bit tired after yesterday spurt and today tours in Boston.

So is the menu.

Todays faforite is..... salmon from every day menu.

How is it?

Pause.....

Is good (not dry)...

10_zps0dacf0b0.jpg

This appetizer is so small ... and so good. Order two.

12_zps2ce2cc03.jpg

11_zpsc4d40f50.jpg

14_zpsd03808f7.jpg

13_zps5b16c69f.jpg

Some where on the Carnival Splendor (aft pool deck).

Splendor, you know how to bribe me.

My heart is melting when I see this:

5_zps38df1517.jpg

This concludes Day 3 (Boston)..

Edited by cruisetrail

It's Day 4 Already!

We have just started....

I want to destroy all the calendars on this ship!

We are in Portland at the moment.

Beautiful weather.

A relaxing day on the ship.

A few photos:

y1_zps27c5144c.jpg

y2_zpsd98b6106.jpg

Carnival Splendor in Portland right now:

y3_zps3cf812aa.jpg

We have been offered a big show today.

Yesterday singers and dancers had a break.

What to bite tonight?

We'll see.....

Edited by cruisetrail

Cruisetrail,very interesting review and fantastic pictures of a great looking ship. I have never sailed on a Carnival ship but your review makes me want to go on the Splendor-and soon ;). Cannot go soon,my cruise on the Brilliance is coming....but for next year I will keep it in mind. Sometimes you can easily persuade people...but not on every board:p.