Face-lift update

natndon

Well, I did it. I thought some of you may be interested in the results. It's only my 3rd day, so I still have some swelling, uneven...so I kind of look like Quasimodo. But it was totally painless, never took the pain pills, just some tylenol for a headache. I don't know what the final results will be, good I hope, BUT, I do know....this will be it for me....nature make take over now.

If I can answer any questions, feel free. I know most people on here aren't into plastic surgery.

So glad to hear that all is well! I have been thinking about you for the last several days after reading the last discussion about facelifts. I'm happy to hear that you had no pain. Hope you are happy with the results. . .I know you will look great!! icon_smile.gif

Melody

icon_confused.gifWhy do you bother to post this stuff about your facelift? I mean this is a cruise fashion board and who cares about your facelift anyway? I would think you would want to keep that information personal?

Mark, if you don't like the topic....SKIP IT icon_frown.gif

We are friends on here...and we have been discussing fashions, jewlerey, etc. and If Natalie wants us to know how it went, good for her icon_smile.gif.

Natalie, hope you are doing well!

Next up...HORIZON Sept 18th to Bermuda!

See My Century and Mercury Pictures at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/lovescruising

Thanks to all. I only posted about my facelift because we had been discussing it in a previous post. I'm fully aware MY results are not of the upmost importance to anyone but me, but sometimes people have questions. I know I've learned a lot from things people have posted on here.

Sorry you didn't care for the topic Mark....can't help but be a little curious why you read it or why you even are monitering a fashion cruise board.

Natalie,

So glad to hear you're feeling good after your surgery. I love watching Extreme Makeover...what a difference it makes! If you'd like to share before/after pics, please do!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;4;23;17;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100

Till the girls sail on the Sovereign!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2005;7;11;17;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100

Till the Brilliance!

R1 7/2000

Sensation 5/2001

Imagination 8/2002

Veendam 3/2003

Sovereign 4/2004

Brilliance 7/2005

Mark,

The header was clearly marked "Face Lift". If it's of no interest to you, then just don't open the thread.

Natalie, Glad to hear all went well and look forward to hearing that you're thrilled with the results.

Jane

Natalie, I am interested in your face lift! Glad it went well for you. I am facing multiple plastics because of a massive weight loss, starting with a tummy-tuck/ upper arms this spring. Let us know how you progress with your recovery.

Baggypants,

Thank you. There is someone on this board who has gone through a tummy tuck/leg lift type combo due to massive weight loss too. I'm trying very hard to remember her name so you could do a search. She was VERY open and helpful about the proceedure. Maybe someone else will remember.

I'm doing very well, swelling is ALMOST gone and I feel just fine. There was absolutely NO pain involved at all. But, I did just have what is called a "quick" lift....not an actual full face lift. I think it's going to be looking good. I have also lost some weight and have about 10 more lbs. to go.

So, maybe by summer I'll be done with myself for awhile ! hahaha

If I can help you at all, just let me know. MAKE SURE YOU GET THE RIGHT DOCTOR...BOARD CERTIFIED AND ALL...CHECK HIM OUT WELL. There are some quackos out there.

Congratulations on your weight loss too!!!!!!

Natalie,

I'm so glad that you are feeling good. I hope that you'll feel comfortable enough to maybe post some before/after pictures for us. You know us girls like to see everything! icon_wink.gif I hope your recovery stays on course. Take care!

<font color="#0000CC" face="Lydian Csv BT" size="4">~~Shelia~~</font></p>

Sailing the Mariner in.......

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;5;30;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

<font color="#003399" face="Benguiat Bk BT">Carnival Destiny 2002</font>

Natndon - Hey, just because I'd never have one myself doesn't mean I'd berate someone else for having one - to each her own, right? Glad to hear you're doing well! icon_biggrin.gif

Mark - If the subject doesn't interest you, don't read the post.

lszu

Sovereign 7/99

Monarch 7/00

Vision 9/01

Voyager 9/02

Adventure 9/03

Jeez, Mark. Having a bad day?

I just watched a program on one of those newsmagazine shows about a plastic surgeon who operated out of a storefront in a strip-mall type operation.

The story focused on two women, one of whom had had a facelift and was ruined in the process; the other woman went in for breast augmentation, and ended up dying.

Seems the doctor was under investigation for not providing proper care, neither during, nor after, the procedures, and yet was allowed to continue practicing. This was in Sarasota, FL.

When the second woman went into cardiac arrest on the table, the doc wouldn't allow his assistant to administer chest compressions because the doc was afraid it would ruin all his hard work. The woman went into a coma and eventually died at home.

The doc's website said he was Board Certified.

All I can say is, get a personal recommendation or don't do it at all.

T

I hope all is going well! What exactly is a quick lift verses a full facelift?

Gayla

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2005>

<param name="month" value=2>

<param name="day" value=9>

<param name="hour" value=12>

</applet>

p><p>[img]<a href=http://escati.linkopp.net/logos/time98.gif' alt='time98.gif'></center>

"]http://w1.511.telia.com/~u51102888/anims/animal2/fish1.gif[/img]

Bullet00...my email is hauser12@comcast.net. I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have.

A quick lift or "weekend" lift only involves the lower half of the face. You are not put under anesthesia. I had a valium, then about 30 minutes later I had 1 Vicadent...that was it. You are awake and aware, but you feel nothing...they give you a little shot in each cheek. They cut in the hairline and inside and behind the ear...there will be NO visable scars at all. I have no bruising or pain of any kind...just some swelling, kind of like fat cheeks and my neck feels tight. It is going to look very good and natural I think. It's 1/4 the price of a full facelift, which I didn't need. And really no recovery time at all. I chose to take 2 days off work cause I didn't want everyone to ask about the swelling and have to explain. On here, it's a little more anoyomous.! I will be happy to post some before and after, if the dr. will give me one of my befores. I go for my week checkup on Thursday.

Thanks for the nice thoughts. I'm not a plastic surgery junkie, this is my first and last, but I'm thrilled with it.

And as the above poster stated...BEWARE...when shopping for your dr. The BEST thing you can do is to KNOW someone who has had work done by the dr. you're considering. AND CHECK HIM OUT and get a 2nd opinion. MOST consultations are free.

Natalie,

I am too young for a face-lift (27), but maybe one day, and I am interested. I hope you are healing well and I am sure you will look fabulous.

Best Wishes for a speedy recovery!

Natalie

P.S. Mark, do you read the breast taping topic, is that information you can truly use? Unless you are a drag queen, I don't think so. Get over it, women care about other fashion issues besides clothes, jewelry, and makeup.

Superstar Leo to Alaska 5/22/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;5;22;15;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800http://community.webshots.com/user/natalunia

I am glad things went well for you. I would ignore that Mark. Men don't understand because they just become distinquished with lines and more hamsome. Life isn't fair for women is it?

Carnival Tropicale 10/15/98

Sovereign of the Seas 11/22/99

Carnival Fascination 09/23/00

HAL Statendam 05/20/01

Sovereign of the Seas 11/08/01

Pacific Princess 09/29/02

Carnival Inspiration 12/14/03

Carnival Miracle 04/09/04

I am certainly interested in how your procedure went and am glad to hear you're doing so well. icon_smile.gif I had always said that my 50th birthday present to myself would be a facelift. Unfortunately I don't heal very well and because of the scaring, it's out of the question for me. But that doesn't mean I'm not up to having a little "work" done from the inside. icon_wink.gif

If this is what makes you feel better about yourself, I say YOU GO GIRL!!! And to h**l with the naysayers. icon_biggrin.gif

Beth

BTW - If I remember correctly, the person who had the tummy tuck used to post over on the Lose boards last year. I wish I could remember her name because many of us were very concerned about her and would like to hear how she's doing now.

Archived