FTTF - one more time

travler27

I think I read a reference to getting the porters to put a red tag on your luggage if you have FTTF. Can anybody provide specifics?

If you have FTTF, when you arrive at the port to drop off your luggage, your luggage tags (which you print with your documents), should reflect the FTTF or show the porter your boarding pass and the will put the orange tags on all your luggage.

Last year my family and I did the FTTF for the first time and just like you, I questioned the specifics with Carnival. Once at the port, I again made it a point to bring it to the porters attention. Once done, I was then put as ease. Enjoy your vacation!

In Baltimore, all the luggage goes together when dropping off with the porters. It must be sorted once inside. I once told the porter I had FTTF and he had no idea what I was talking about.

This is true, in Baltimore, he just said ok when I mentioned FTTF.....mysteriously my luggage arrived quickly with the ORANGE FTTF sticker, even though when I handed it to the porter, he did not separate it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

This is what it will look like, however, in FLL, it did us no good. It was still put with all of the other luggage. DH actually found all of our luggage on the carts close to the elevators and brought it to our room himself. In NOLA last year, the luggage was sitting in our room waiting on us when we arrived!

10600497_10154482341410136_5063917324965458687_n.jpg?oh=7e6fff7da4bd31ccfc0e5976878c67dc&oe=548285D6&__gda__=1418000307_466ce0128f57a4113a33271508c14c5c

TIP: Put a some brightly colored strips of cloth on the handle of your luggage to help you spot it easily! ;)

Yep, the sacred orange sticker of awesomeness -- don't let your bags leave without 'em! :)

In Miami last October, we were busily handing off our four pieces of checked luggage to a porter, and I had a five-dollar bill in hand for his tip. I was about to mention our FTTF tags when he said "Oh, I see you have Faster to the Fun. I'll attach your stickers right here!" with a flourish. THAT earned him another fiver. :)

No, FTTF does not gain you access to the VIP lounge, that's for Platinum, Diamond, Milesone cruisers :).

Those members board first, then FTTF, then general population.....

So where do you go if you have FTTF and you are in a suite too? On previous cruises (in a suite but without FTTF) I've always been directed to the VIP lounge.

So where do you go if you have FTTF and you are in a suite too? On previous cruises (in a suite but without FTTF) I've always been directed to the VIP lounge.

We had FTTF on Jacksonville, and after the porter got our luggage we walked to the terminal and there was a sign over the door that said Faster To The Fun so we went right in through scanning of carry ons then to check-in, never waited in a line then straight on the ship. No VIP lounge or anything.

Not in a suite but a premium balcony where do we go to check in

If you have FttF, show your boarding pass with the FttF logo to the first Carnival employee you see. There will generally be someone directing traffic either before or after the TSA security checkpoint. They should be able to direct you to the FttF/VIP check-in line.

In Miami last October, we were waved to a no-wait (at that time) security checkpoint line. Afterward a nice Carnival lady saw our FttF boarding passes and pointed us to the no-wait check-in line and as we were walking away I heard her radio the ship and call in our stateroom number. Sure enough, it was ready when we boarded about 7 minutes later.