Alchemy on the Breeze?

Islandsunrise

What is special about alchemy bar???????

The Alchemy Bar is a martini bar (that came directly from one of the bartenders, as someone tried to order a gin and tonic and was told they couldn't get one there). The martinis they make are more "adult" drinks than the drinks you get at the other bars around the ship. They are very different, delicious and visually appealing. Try the "Perfect Storm" if you want to see a very special drink being made.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

How do I find out if the Alchemy Bar is on my ship? I'll be on the Paradise and really looking forward to this bar! :)
The Alchemy Bar is only on 6 of the ships in the fleet. Conquest, Freedom, Glory, Liberty, Sunshine and Triumph. I believe the Liberty was the first one and then the Sunshine. The Paradise is one of the 8 Fantasy class ships that are the smallest (70 K tons) and oldest (built in the 90's) ships in the fleet.

The Paradise serves it's purpose, doing short cruises out of a secondary port. But it doesn't have many of the bells and whistles that newer, larger ships in the fleet has. If possible, change your cruise. There are always promotions that can make longer cruises on the newer ships affordable.

How do I find out if the Alchemy Bar is on my ship? I'll be on the Paradise and really looking forward to this bar! :)

http://www.carnival.com/onboard/bars-lounges/alchemy-bar.aspx

In addition to what SNJCruisers says (which is spot on) I am placing a link to the Alchemy Bar's description on the Carnival site as another good sources of reference in answering "is it offered on my ship"

http://www.carnival.com/onboard.aspx

Below is a link to the menu....looking forward to it on our upcoming Freedom cruise. It was one of the main reasons why we decided to choose the Freedom.

http://www.carnival.com/onboard/bars-lounges/~/media/CCLUS/Images/pdf/Alchemymenupdf.ashx

looking at the bottom of the menu i noticed you can upgrade to premium liquor for $1 more. can you do this with cheers since that would make $9.95 and still under $10. or do they treat it like the floaters on the frozen drinks.

For some stupid reason the floaters are specifically mentioned in the fine print of the Cheers program that they are not included. A pina colada with a floater has less alcohol in it than a Long Island iced tea, which of course is in the program.

I have not been on a ship yet that has the Alchemy Bar, but am very much looking forward to sampling many of the concoctions on the Freedom and of course taking advantage of the $1.00 premium upgrade that brings the drinks in @ 9.95. I have not read anywhere on these boards that the upgrade is not allowed on Cheers.

For some stupid reason the floaters are specifically mentioned in the fine print of the Cheers program that they are not included. A pina colada with a floater has less alcohol in it than a Long Island iced tea, which of course is in the program.

I have not been on a ship yet that has the Alchemy Bar, but am very much looking forward to sampling many of the concoctions on the Freedom and of course taking advantage of the $1.00 premium upgrade that brings the drinks in @ 9.95. I have not read anywhere on these boards that the upgrade is not allowed on Cheers.

i am looking forward to doing the same thing when i go on the glory my first ship that has the alchemy bar.:D

The Alchemy Bar became our 'go to' place after dinner on the Liberty for after dinner cocktails. It actually became one of the main highlights of our cruise. It is hands down the best bar experience I have ever had. The drinks are truly unique and watching them get made is an experience in and of itself. Definitely, Definitely visit it. I have no doubts we will visit daily on the Sunshine in April. Can't wait!!!

What is special about alchemy bar???????

We enjoyed Alchemy on Liberty last year, so what's so special about it?

It felt like Cheers where everyone knows your name. It was pretty much the same groups of people at set times , we went from 6:30 pm until dinner (late seating) same bartenders every night that welcomed you and seems genuinely happy too see you. They always came up with special cocktail for us to try and just made the night a fun time. It was nice seeing the same group each night and converse .

We sailed Breeze in May and it was the only thing missing!

I would think on the other ships if you order one of those martini's they would make it. What do you thnk?:confused:

No they cannot. The alchemy bartenders are specially trained plus they use special ingredients that the regular bars don't have.

Edited by rickb

No they cannot. The alchemy bartenders are specially trained plus they use special ingredients that the regular bars don't have.

I'm going to try. The Deal Closer (I think thats the name) has all regular stocked liquors. I can teach them how to make it since we do it at home!

I'm going to try. The Deal Closer (I think thats the name) has all regular stocked liquors. I can teach them how to make it since we do it at home!
And how are they going to key it into the system to charge you for it? It's not a regular drink in the system unless you order it from an Alchemy bar on a ship that has one.

And how are they going to key it into the system to charge you for it? It's not a regular drink in the system unless you order it from an Alchemy bar on a ship that has one.

Not sure what they do but I can tell you over my many years of cruising I have asked for martinis they had no clue how to make and I would tell them and it was done. They must have a blank key or something because I know I am not the only one who has asked for something that's not the norm.

Uh oh....!So where on Breeze is good for before dinner, after dinner, anytime martinis???? And does anyone know if Breeze has a cigar room for DH??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wish I had an answer for you, never been on the Breeze. Way to excited and can't wait to figure out which bar to hit for good martinis!