Princess M&M Question?

IrishLassie

Princess does not plan a Meet & Greet. They will assist in the planning. Usually, someone on the Roll Call offers to arrange it. They get an estimate of the number of people planning to attend. This person also selects a tentative date and time. They then contact Princess (I have the contacts for the different ships) and arrange a place, date and time. Normally the M&G is a No Host Bar function. This means that each person pays for their own beverages.

Once the arrangements are made, the person organizing it will post in info on the Roll Call.

The person organizing it will also sometimes invite officers to join the M&G via written invitations sent on board the ship. We had good turnouts from the officers on our two most recent Princess cruises thanks to the wonderful organizers. On both of them the captain came along with several other officers--food and beverage manager, maître d', etc.

Edited by geoherb

When it comes down to it, the roll call members can just plan it on their own. Set up a time and place. Maybe someone can take the lead and be the point person for collecting cabin numbers (off line so that it's not public) and contacting the cruise director on the ship. But really what the CD will do at the most is put aside part of a lounge and perhaps put a notice in the Patters -- you won't have any say in where and when, so that's why I suggest just planning it on your own. Tell everyone to stop by the International Cafe or Horizon and make up a plate of goodies, bring them to your little party and everyone can take care of ordering their own drinks.

When it comes down to it' date=' the roll call members can just plan it on their own. Set up a time and place. Maybe someone can take the lead and be the point person for collecting cabin numbers (off line so that it's not public) and contacting the cruise director on the ship. But really what the CD will do at the most is put aside part of a lounge and perhaps put a notice in the Patters -- you won't have any say in where and when, so that's why I suggest just planning it on your own. Tell everyone to stop by the International Cafe or Horizon and make up a plate of goodies, bring them to your little party and everyone can take care of ordering their own drinks.[/quote']

Doing the M&G without contacting Princess can become a mess if there is a large group. It can be difficult to find a large open space and notifying everyone on the fly.

When I have organized a M&G, I contact the person handling these requests for our ship and give a suggested date and time and an estimate of the number of people. A day or two later, I get a response with the date and time (always what I suggested) and a lounge for us to meet up. There is usually a sign outside the assigned lounge indicating the time the lounge is reserved for a private function.

When it comes down to it' date=' the roll call members can just plan it on their own. Set up a time and place. Maybe someone can take the lead and be the point person for collecting cabin numbers (off line so that it's not public) and contacting the cruise director on the ship. But really what the CD will do at the most is put aside part of a lounge and perhaps put a notice in the Patters -- you won't have any say in where and when, so that's why I suggest just planning it on your own. Tell everyone to stop by the International Cafe or Horizon and make up a plate of goodies, bring them to your little party and everyone can take care of ordering their own drinks.[/quote']

On my last cruise I helped in the planning and we had over 200 attendees.

A thread already exists on this board which directs you who to contact on which ship. I would say it's necessary to make the ship aware of your gathering, since they gave us a designated closed off area, a microphone and bartenders. Once on board I invited Officers, Cruise Director and the Captain everyone invited showed up about 8 total in all. The Captain spoke for a bit gave us some info on what to expect and took questions.

Edited by Jadn13