Alcohol waiver?

SissasMomE

Only on European cruises....Caribbean, Alaskan, etc....cruises, you have to be 21...but, they can drink in ports!

There are no alcohol waivers anymore, haven't had them for a few years now.

To the OP, drinking age for a cruise originating from a US port is 21 and a parent can not sign a waiver for an underage cruiser. For cruises originating in non-US ports, the drinking age is 18.

To the OP, drinking age for a cruise originating from a US port is 21 and a parent can not sign a waiver for an underage cruiser. For cruises originating in non-US ports, the drinking age is 18.

This may be true for Royal but NCL does allow parents to sign a waiver for their 18-20 y/o to drink beer & wine. Parents must be on the cruise.

Not true. It is allowed on NCL, hence my question! Edited - I also took this to mean 'across the board'. I did not realize you were only speaking of Royal. Thanks for responding!

Edited by SissasMomE

The question was about Royal Caribbean, not NCL. DId I miss the OP was asking about NCL?:confused:

You didn't miss anything but the wording "drinking age for a cruise originating from a US port is 21 and a parent can not sign a waiver for an underage cruiser." could easily be mistaken to mean all cruise lines, not specifically Royal Caribbean cruises.

Not true. It is allowed on NCL, hence my question! Edited - I also took this to mean 'across the board'. I did not realize you were only speaking of Royal. Thanks for responding!

Thank you for editing your post, RCL used to have waivers but discontinued them a few years ago. I only answered concerning Royal since you posted on this board.

Thank you for editing your post, RCL used to have waivers but discontinued them a few years ago. I only answered concerning Royal since you posted on this board.

I understand :) thank you again! It's been awhile since we have sailed RCL, and definitely waaaay before the kid was old enough to even consider allowing her to have wine!

You didn't miss anything but the wording "drinking age for a cruise originating from a US port is 21 and a parent can not sign a waiver for an underage cruiser." could easily be mistaken to mean all cruise lines, not specifically Royal Caribbean cruises.

Q: What is the minimum age requirement to consume alcoholic beverages?

A: The minimum age to consume alcohol on Royal Caribbean International ships on sailings originating in Europe, Asia, Australia and South America is eighteen (18).

The minimum age to consume alcohol on Royal Caribbean International ships on sailings originating in North America remains at twenty-one (21). Any sailing that includes a US port the minimum drinking age is 21, even when orginating in Europe, Asia, Australia and South America. The minimum age to consume alcohol at all private destinations remains twenty-one (21) without regard to where the sailing originated. The Company retains the right, on rare occasions, to raise the minimum age of alcohol consumption on any sailing when local laws require or permit such a modification.

I understand :) thank you again! It's been awhile since we have sailed RCL, and definitely waaaay before the kid was old enough to even consider allowing her to have wine!

I totally understand. We looked into all the alcohol policies too when our son was sailing with us. None of them seem to handle things exactly the same way, it can get confusing.:)

Q: What is the minimum age requirement to consume alcoholic beverages?

A: The minimum age to consume alcohol on Royal Caribbean International ships on sailings originating in Europe, Asia, Australia and South America is eighteen (18).

The minimum age to consume alcohol on Royal Caribbean International ships on sailings originating in North America remains at twenty-one (21). Any sailing that includes a US port the minimum drinking age is 21, even when orginating in Europe, Asia, Australia and South America. The minimum age to consume alcohol at all private destinations remains twenty-one (21) without regard to where the sailing originated. The Company retains the right, on rare occasions, to raise the minimum age of alcohol consumption on any sailing when local laws require or permit such a modification.

Okay, you win.

I hear ya! I am itching to get back to Royal, but this just won't fly LOL I'll have to wait a couple more years!

Just remember, if you wait a couple of years your 21 year old's can drink as much or more than 19 year old's.:eek: Man, those bucket o' beers disappear fast with the 'youngsters'!:D